Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 16:28   #31
BHPian

Sahil awsome buddy.I love it.Come to Trivandrum(Kerala).So you can have a long drive .
Old 18th November 2007, 19:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ironwolf i think all BMWs, Mercs, Audi's are limited to 155mph thats around 250kmph(248 to be precise)
But you'd be wrong there! Not ALL Mercs, BMWs, Audis...the special sports models often are not limited!
Old 18th November 2007, 19:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

kbk - Even the SL55s, M5s, RS4 are limited.

Yeah the SLRs, R8s are not limited though.
Old 18th November 2007, 22:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrates Sahil for great choice of car and very good registration number.
Old 18th November 2007, 22:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow - Sahil - Congrats !! I think you are the first T-BHP member to own a new 5 series Beemer.

The lights are fantastic !!
Old 19th November 2007, 09:45   #36
BHPian

Hey ,

That looks awesome. And those leds are fantastic. I have no words to describe what I am feeling right now. Congrates for the CAR man.

Regards
Old 21st November 2007, 21:45   #37
BHPian

Sahil,
Congrats on the car and congrats for the registration number
And thanks for the pics. put some daylight snaps also.
Two Questions to you, would be great if you please to answer.
1. Did the dealers mention any time about any plans of launching Manual transmission BMWs in India. I am dreaming to buy a 3 Series Manual when I get back home. If not, would you mind asking next time you go around there?

2. I see the iDrive screen on your 525, do you have Sat Nav as well?
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

I'll take the liberty of answering those questions for Sahil :P

1. There are no firm plans for manual transmission cars in India ATM.
2. The i-Drive screen shows the "over the air" aka DD TV channels. There is no Sat-nav available and the Sat Nav DVD player is, in effect, one more in-dash CD player on the car.
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:51   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

But with many Sat NAV / GPS providers now entering India, do we see potential to have it up and working in the Beemers? A ton of Indian vendors already have the roads mapped out.
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:01   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

The car has a DVD drive to read the Sat Nav maps which are only available on DVD. They did mention to me that this option would be available later on .The pre-wiring for it has been done so it would not cost as much when fitted as an option later.
Likewise with the bluetooth handsfree kit, the pre-wiring has been done. The option costs around 60,000Rs... i am contemplating whether i should get it? It sync most bluetooth phones to the idrive, my entire phone book and dialing would appear on the screen. Besides i can answer calls and voice dial thru the buttons on the steering.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:26   #41
Team-BHP Support

WOW i missed this, CONGRATZ !!!

run in?? what run in for beemer??
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:07   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
I'll take the liberty of answering those questions for Sahil :P

1. There are no firm plans for manual transmission cars in India ATM.
Thanks kbk!
ah that's a pity. then the next decent driver's car available is civic I suppose:(
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:12   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But with many Sat NAV / GPS providers now entering India, do we see potential to have it up and working in the Beemers? A ton of Indian vendors already have the roads mapped out.
yeah, not so far I suppose. I have most of the major Indian city maps in my Nokia, really cool. so why shouldn't BMW?
Old 9th December 2007, 21:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

1 Month, 2500 Km Report

The teasing is finally over ! Have crossed the full break in mark and ready to go Full Monty

I am falling more in love with as the days go by.. after the first 1000kms there was a distinct difference in her behavior...car felt much free revving although i did keep her restricted to 2500rpm and slowly started giving a few bursts over 3000rpm. As soon as i crossed the 2500km mark a few days back there was a broad smile on my face coz the milestone figure came up on a late night drive back home on a completly empty stretch....plonked my right foot to the floor and the torque pinned me back to seat....and once again she ammazed me with a new characteristic of hers that i had never discovered...unlike most diesels that run out of steam when nearing the red line, this one feel like a twin turbo...once u cross near 4000rpm there is another boost that comes up all the way till the red line...i am still getting used to the power it throws back so i let go at 4500rpm but she was eager to go all the way thru had i shifted into DS or Triptronic.

I am gettin more and more addicted to push her harder on turns, the most fun is on tiled roads which tend to have a little less traction... i get a little bit of tail wagging out of her when i try hard to push her to the limit and as soon as i am begining to enjoy the slight drift the traction control keeps in and ruins the fun. The DTC can be turned off half way or completly off but i guess its best i refrain from use reckless acts

In the past month she has been to pune and back 3 times while the rest of the Kms have been in mumbai city driving conditions. She is still mainting the FE figures that i mentioned earlier.

Have switched over to normal diesel instead of premium diesel after advice from the dealership as they had a 530d come in with busted fuel injectors and BMW refused to replace it under warranty because the car was being run on premium diesel.

Got V-cool tints put a few weeks back, wanted to go in for the diamond series 99% heat cut but it came with a greenish tinge so i put the 92% Select version that complimented the car better. The front and sun roof have 94% heatcut v.cool clear film.
Here are the pics...clicked it from my cellphone so color/quality isnt too good.

Side profile

Front view(With my handsome driver in the backgorund.. LOL.. gaurding her)

Last edited by Sahil : 9th December 2007 at 21:19.
Old 9th December 2007, 21:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

Nice report sahil ,you got a beautiful car .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks