Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 15:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Had been in a similar situation when i went over a stone in the middle of the night, got out of that one with only a minor leak from the oil sump. had to replace the oil sump for that mistake.
The only difference in my case was about 6 big size stones in a row and the car went through all of them. Indeed, I should have been careful, but to put stones as divider without anything cannot be as per the law. Now who has the time to contact the concerned authority and rectify these?
Old 20th November 2007, 15:59   #17
BHPian

@sups

First thing - I'd suggest you take photos of this place and submit to a newspaper. ToI Bangalore regularly prints pix of bad roads.

If you have the energy and time, you could use that and a note from the service center to take the corporation to court

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
The only difference in my case was about 6 big size stones in a row and the car went through all of them. Indeed, I should have been careful, but to put stones as divider without anything cannot be as per the law. Now who has the time to contact the concerned authority and rectify these?
Old 20th November 2007, 20:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Excellent choice. I had a santro and upgraded to Getz Prime 1.3 GLX. The ride comfort is very good in Getz and the build quality is excellent. The best part of Getz is space and it gives feeling of a Sedan. Santro is a good car for the price we pay and the engine is the best in that segment.

[quote=sups;632131]
  1. Great visibility in a Santro. I need to be more careful in my getz while taking turns.
  2. Though I have not checked the power of the head lights, somehow I feel that Santro head lights were better while driving in the city in the evenning, may be due to the higher sitting position. Need to upgrade the getz headlights.
  3. In 2nd and 3rd gear, if I release the accelerator, sometimes there is slight jerk which never happenned in a Santro. It will be great if any getz owner can throw some light on it. [quote]
1. The driving position in Getz is low compated to Santro. Once you get used to the car, taking turns wont be a problem. The windshield is big in Getz and the view is good.

2. The stock headlights are bad and not suitable for highway use. I upgraded to Philips Vision Plus and they are very good. There is a thread for this bulb.

3.There is jerk sometimes in reverse gear. I have not faced any issues with 2nd and 3rd gear.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th November 2007 at 20:53. Reason: Quote
Old 20th November 2007, 20:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

OT : Can someone teach me how to multi quote a message?
Old 20th November 2007, 22:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Thanks cypher. I did not mean the gear changes, they are very smooth in all gears. But when I take my leg off from the accelerator in 2nd or 3rd gear, the car reduces speed starting with a small jerk. This is a rather delicate thing, but should not happen.
Hmmmmm

I suspect ur pulling too long when in 2nd or 3rd gear. i have seen some people do that a lot..at the cost of less gear change etc... but even then this seems extreme.

Elito
Old 20th November 2007, 23:04   #21

Hi All,
I recently upgraded from M800 to Getz1.1. A lot of people told me to avoid going for a 1.1 but somehow I was comfortable with it and went for it. Now I don;t repent buying this car. I have a dynasty red Getz. Driving has been such a pleasure. It took me a while to get adjusted to the size, I already have 5 minor scratches on the car. Infact two on the first day itself. I felt bad when I got the first one but now i am so used to it. Only two were because of me and the other three by someone who wanted to kiss my car when I had parked in public.
For my kind of driving and Bangalore city traffic, I am very pleased with the performance. With the A/C on or when you need to accelerate after braking is when you actually feel the power difference. Once you pick up, it is pretty smooth. The best part about this car is that the ride is extremely comfortable. Once you switch to 5th gear on the highway it just sails. I have touched 80+ on the Bangalore-mysore highway and on the nice road. The car seemed to take it with ease. Did not want to overdo initially itself, wanted the engine to settle down. I don't know how it would behave at higher speeds. I have done about 500+ kms till now. The reverse gear gives me a small jerk otherwise the gear shift is pretty smooth. Me and my friends are driving down to Pondicherry next month. Will post an update on the drive once I am done. After the second filling of petrol, it has given me slightly over 11kmpl with a lot of 1st and 2nd gear driving and a/c on 75% of the time which was really good.

Regards,
Rajeev
Old 21st November 2007, 09:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogambo View Post
@sups

First thing - I'd suggest you take photos of this place and submit to a newspaper. ToI Bangalore regularly prints pix of bad roads.

If you have the energy and time, you could use that and a note from the service center to take the corporation to court
Thanks Mogambo. I will definitely do the first, take some pics and send it to TOI. The second point is the most justified, but cannot spare time for that .
Old 21st November 2007, 09:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Hi,
The stock headlights are bad and not suitable for highway use. I upgraded to Philips Vision Plus and they are very good. There is a thread for this bulb..
You are right. Before the accident once I tried to drive in the highway in the night, and the headlights never gave me confidence. Will check the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
There is jerk sometimes in reverse gear. I have not faced any issues with 2nd and 3rd gear.
Surprisingly, I did not notice any jerk in the reverse gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks