Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Bruty, congrats on your decision - hope you get delivery real soon so that you can start making your own road........cheers:
Old 26th November 2007, 13:01   #17
BHPian

suman, thanks bro. I am having very restless nights, to have my hands on the "BEAR".
Old 26th November 2007, 16:46   #18

Congrats bruty,

Finally got confirmed that you will get you BEAR on Thursday from Dhingra Motors.

Cheers
Old 4th December 2007, 16:35   #19
BHPian

Guys, after so much hick ups, i finally got the delivery from Delhi autolinks yesterday. i was told that it will be delivered at 4 but it was finally delivered at 6.30.
I did all the checks as per the PDI list given in the Team -BHP it was very help and the sales person was very amazed how i know so much .
Only thing is that it has already done 168 KM before I became the owner of "BEAR". I asked the sales guy the reason for 168km reading on odo, he says their stock yard is around 30 km one way, so vehicle did 2 rounds and they did PDI also.
Anyway, I drove the “BEAR’ back home in full delhi traffic, and I did not feel it is so big. The drive as pleasant as I had in my Zen, only thing is you should use both the ORVM’s. I felt it does not require frequent gear shift and I took great care to not cross the 2000 rpm mark. After taking the delivery I fed it with Normal diesel to the brim and reached home around 8.30.
Only one thing I felt, can be a problem is to reverse the “BEAR”, there is no idea what is behind your vehicle unless some one helps you, so I think parking sensors are must, if not then atleast the extra glass which I saw on many Innova’s, Scorpio’s on the back door. I have no idea how useful it is, can some one through light on this.
Another issue which I found while taking the RC receipt is that the color mentioned on it is wrong,, sales person has promosed that it will be rectified on the smart card,, which will be delivered in 45 days.
Overall I had very pleasant experience to drive the”BEAR”.
I did not get any chance to get the complete feeling by driving it on open road, will do it soon. The first thing I am thinking to do it to equip it with Gear lock, Immoboliser and then ICE etc.
Wil post the picture soon

Mod's please change the heading to " New Cycus Gray 2.2VTT LX".
Old 4th December 2007, 16:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Anyway, I drove the “BEAR’ back home in full delhi traffic
BEAR?

Any reason for selecting that name?
Old 4th December 2007, 16:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
BEAR?

Any reason for selecting that name?
From Harjeev's post earlier on this thread
So I think that I should call it a BEast + cAR = BEAR
Old 4th December 2007, 17:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bruty, welcome to the club!!!
Old 4th December 2007, 17:33   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Bruty!

Good decision and yes I like the part where you try to convince your wife, I think most of us here have this challenge when it comes to a Safari actually I think we are all convincing ourselves first that we can navigate this beast in the city but believe me this is a beast you can navigate easily because of the view of course as far as reversing is concerned its blind reverse. You cant even see a M800 parked close to the rear let alone a bike or a person sitting down. So be careful of that (Get a camera fixed thats a good safety accesory for a safari) else don't worry as long as you drive straight people are going to keep out of your path .

Congrats to you and family on your new acquisition of Luxury, stance and power.

Cheers!

~JUDA
Old 4th December 2007, 17:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bruty

congrats and best wishes

enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Guys, after so much hick ups, i finally got the delivery from Delhi autolinks yesterday. i was told that it will be delivered at 4 but it was finally delivered at 6.30.
Congrats bruty. You were planning to get it from Dhingra. What happened? Did Autolinks give you the same deal?
Old 5th December 2007, 02:13   #26
BHPian

congratulations. it is a good idea to read the instruction manual completely before taking a vehicle for a drive. this way one gets informed of all the features (especially that are uncommon in indian cars) and does not face a situation like you faced after the puja.
Old 5th December 2007, 10:09   #27
BHPian

Guys Thanks to all of you for your wishes.
djbobo, Yes i got the same deal form Autolinks : 9000/- corporate discount+ 2 yrs extended warranty+Mud Flaps+ FootMats + safari Cover.

Dingra did not booked for LX, they got the delivery for EX, that's the reasson i took delivery from Autolinks, because i do not want to wait for any more to 'Reclaim my Life"

I did go through the instructions manual.The two things which struck me and i have read on many posts here also
1) You should engage the cluch while starting and
2) idealing for 30 sec before turning off the engine.
3) I do not cross 2000 rpm mark and engage 2nd gear after speedo touches 10 km/h

One thing i noted is that the stearing is very much responsive, it is more responsive than the cars, it feels good in low city speeds, but may not feel comfortable at high speeds on highways, Bhpina's, please share your experience on this.

Bhpian's , please let me know if i am missing some important point.
Old 10th December 2007, 10:05   #28
BHPian

My Cycus new Grey EX 4*2

Hi, everybody,

1st let me congratulate Bruty on this new aquisition.

I took delivery of my my BEAR on Saturday.
I am really thankfull to all of you out there who is their various posts have given many helpfull tips and hints.

Bruty mentioned earlier that the PDI tips posted by Team-BHP helped him.
Can anyone help me out in this regard. I could not find the link to the PDI list. (Even though I have already taken delivery these tips may help me know if I have missed out anything)

A few questions on which I request some guidance..
1. I did not get the Basttery Warranty Card ! Dis any one out there get it ?
2. The Turbo may a grinding noise if I jam down the accelerator in the 2nd gear (to overtake). This grinding noise is akin to aluminium fan blades rubbing on the casing (some thing similar to what you all may have experiences in window A/C units not fitted propertly.)
3. Reversing is a problem. Does anyone know about availability of reversing miirror (similar to that on a Endeavor) for the safari.
4. The headlamps have a Polycarbonate lens (unlike the Glass lenses on the cars of earlier). These lens tend to scratched and also the lens (when hot tend to accumulate a fine layer of dust which becomes very difficult to remove. Any solution on this ??
Old 10th December 2007, 12:00   #29

You can get the PDI List @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

VX comes with factory fitted Reverse Camera. You can get the same same camera installed by the Tata dealer for Rs. 18,500 (Apporx). THe OEM for Safari's reverse camers is http://www.tropicoolindia.com/rearview_intro.asp

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Hi, everybody,

1st let me congratulate Bruty on this new aquisition.

I took delivery of my my BEAR on Saturday.
I am really thankfull to all of you out there who is their various posts have given many helpfull tips and hints.

Bruty mentioned earlier that the PDI tips posted by Team-BHP helped him.
Can anyone help me out in this regard. I could not find the link to the PDI list. (Even though I have already taken delivery these tips may help me know if I have missed out anything)

A few questions on which I request some guidance..
1. I did not get the Basttery Warranty Card ! Dis any one out there get it ?
2. The Turbo may a grinding noise if I jam down the accelerator in the 2nd gear (to overtake). This grinding noise is akin to aluminium fan blades rubbing on the casing (some thing similar to what you all may have experiences in window A/C units not fitted propertly.)
3. Reversing is a problem. Does anyone know about availability of reversing miirror (similar to that on a Endeavor) for the safari.
4. The headlamps have a Polycarbonate lens (unlike the Glass lenses on the cars of earlier). These lens tend to scratched and also the lens (when hot tend to accumulate a fine layer of dust which becomes very difficult to remove. Any solution on this ??
Old 10th December 2007, 15:01   #30
BHPian

Thanks a lot Kapil. It was a great help.

Any info on the headlamps and the Turbo ?

Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks