Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Dicor 2.2 VTT LX cycus grey Booked

Sorry for the long post, but i could not manage to make it short
Oh Boy ! it was a long journey to decide the next car I want to buy and this decision finalized after I became a proud father of my second child. I own a ZEN and it a fantastic vehicle, I drove it 61k KM without any problem, some time 1000KM in a single day and it never refused to move on. I really love this vehicle.Now after 2nd child my wife start taking the car to her office and I left with a scooter or some times I mange my MIL’s 800, so I start looking for a vehicle for me. I was looking for a spacious car with can carry 5 adult and luggage easily and out of these 5, 2 are my children. The elder one is daughter and she never sits on same place for more than 5 minutes, so I was looking for something spacious and I want diesel so I stared analyzing the market for available options.
There were verna’s, Indigo’s, fiesta’s. I did not like indigo(no offence please), Verna and Fiesta were 8+ on road and looks costly to me and also I did not find them spacious enough.
Then one day one of my friends told me about Team BHP site and boy I was amazed with the information it provides and to genuine and not biased as done by lots of magazines out there in the market, this happened in March’07 and from that day I never forget to login into this site daily.
Then I read in that Ford is launching Fusion in diesel and I waited for it and mean time after reading the posts from GTO, Steeroid, Suman, dg, rahul and many safari lovers, I started getting info about it. I was always impressed by this vehicle. So I start collecting information about its cost, so I visited the Noida Dealers since Noida is near to my home, I did the test drives for Dicor 3.0 LX from nawab and sterling for at least 3-4 times, started the negotiations with them and told my wife about this vehical. I took her one day for test drive and her first impression after looking the car (SUV) is oh my god it is huge how will you manage in Delhi traffic.
So a new challenge came up to convince her about it. From that day whenever we went market or anywhere else, whenever I saw a dicor, I never forget to mention it to my wife and slowly she started loving it and finally agreed.
Same I read that there are 2 more BHPinas and thinking to buy it and doctorkats suggested that way can we all together approach a dealer for best deal and I started negotiating. Meantime doctorkats went ahead and bought his proced passion as we 2 could not finalized till that. Anyway I kept on hunting the soon the news start pouring on for new 2.2l model and start waiting for that till the D day arrived.
I called nawab motors on 4th Oct for information and they told they do not know, I gave him all the info I got from Bhpians about its launch, cost etc and he was amazed how I know all this. I got a sms fromm them on 7th around 6.30 pm that new vehicles has arrived and I went to see them in the yard, there was no light at that time so could not manage to shot few pictures.
I started enquiring about test drive and they kept me telling next day sir, soon I got a call that I can come for TD and I rushed from my office , believe me I found it better than the earlier 3.0 ( no offence please), it is more drivable on city road, the noise was less. I again start searching the team-bhp for reviews etc and came to know about issues with starter and steering, so I though lets waits also I want to register it in delhi, but Delhi registration was not open. Mean time I though let visit other dealers also and I visited A-one motors and Vivek Automobiles on Mthura road, did few more test drives, got offers for free mats & mud flaps, but Delhii registration was still not open.
I want to buy through company lease, so one day one of my friend acme and told he want to buy a car through company lease I told him about new dicor but he was apprehensive about issues ppl face with this vehicle. So I directed him to Team-BHP and one day he was convinced.
So we both onlast weekend went to Dhingra motors after reading on team BHp that one of the bhpian ahs got extended warranty free fro Streling Noida. We bargained and Dhingra motors agreed to that.
We both booked Cycus Grey color, but sales man told the plant is closed till 21st and delivery can not be made before month end. From that day onwards I am waiting eagerly to get my hands on this dream car ( I know it is not a car).
The deal I got is free foot mats + mud flaps+ 2 yrs extended warranty + car cover.
This all happened because I became a member of team-bhp and the due to the reviews of my friends on this site.
Now I am looking for a good dealer in NOIDA for asseccories:
Stereo fitment, I do not want to spend a lots of money on that, but still want a decent one.
Parking sensors, I do not know will they really makes difference
Gear lock, shd I go with OEM fitment of after market from Auto cop, Xenon etc.
Film for windows

again i want the fellow Bhpins to help me in this.

Last edited by bruty : 23rd November 2007 at 13:39. Reason: Font comments removed
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:44   #2
BHPian

Bruty.....

thats a real long post. I did read the review of the 2.2L Dicor, and tata seems to have a real winner in the SUV segment.

Keep us posted and Congrats..
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:48   #3
BHPian

congrats bruty!
for the sound system go to the ICE section.the crazy audiophiles there have a solution for everybody.
i would suggest lajpat nagar (behind samara hyundai) for accessories rather than noida.
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:00   #4
BHPian

Congratulations bruty! Take care of her and she will take good care of you.
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:10   #5
BHPian

ICE system

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
congrats bruty!
for the sound system go to the ICE section.the crazy audiophiles there have a solution for everybody.
i would suggest lajpat nagar (behind samara hyundai) for accessories rather than noida.
karthik, Thanks a lot for your suggestion
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:55   #6
BHPian

Guys tell me one thing, if I buy the car from Gurgaon from dhingra motors and get it serviced from Nawab or Sterling in NoIda, will there be any issue. I am asking this because nawaba dn stering are near to my home.
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:57   #7
Team-BHP Support

You can get it serviced from either of them, they are all equally good(or bad)
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:38   #8
BHPian

hey bruty,

congrats dude.... i'm being hounded into buying the damn ex version by the dealers here and there seem to be no freebies as well!!!

how much is the lx on road (as in what are you paying for it?) and it'll help to get the name of the guy you haggled with to get your freebies. i should be able to put some cash down for the lx in a couple of days so the info would be handy...

all the best dude and i hope your ride arrives soon..

cheers,
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bruty ,
it is definitely a fantabolous car/ beast. I many times get confused whether to call it a car or a beast as it has dimensions, appeal of a beast and the refinement, ease of driving that of a car.
So I think that I should call it a BEast + cAR = BEAR

I too became a proud owner this month. And I must say that you are getting a good deal. I dint get any freebies etc. The color Cycus Gery also looks really nice and was my second choice after Pearl White which I took delivery.
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:33   #10
BHPian

Congrats Bruty...And Congrats to Team Bhp for providing very useful platform to share our experiences.

Regarding the Accessories:

I would suggest to go for Noida Sec-16 Market. You can get those things with or without bill. I personally suggest without bill. Coz of the difference in cost factor.

E.g Sony 460 US was costing 4600 w/o bill and 7800 with bill. 3200 rs for a piece of paper. Naa...Coz with warranty you don't get any replacement. and these product can easily do for more than a year. and then some new technology if you want to go for...
Old 24th November 2007, 15:43   #11
BHPian

Guys i got this deal from Dhingra gurgaon. There is aguy called arun. I negotiated really hard for this deal and thanks for all your wishes. Yes this site has become a second of me n harjeev i loved the name " BEAR".
Old 24th November 2007, 16:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Whats your delivery date confirmed by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Guys i got this deal from Dhingra gurgaon. There is aguy called arun. I negotiated really hard for this deal and thanks for all your wishes. Yes this site has become a second of me n harjeev i loved the name " BEAR".
Old 24th November 2007, 23:54   #13
BHPian

Wow Bruty - You are for sure gonna give the unruly two wheelers, autos, taxiwallas and the blue lines a definite RUN for cover - Hearty congratulations, enjoy your ride and dont forget to post pics!!!

Wish I owned one in Bangalore for the "Dont Mess With Me" image!
Old 25th November 2007, 09:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bruty, soon you will become the owner of the marvellous beast !!! Hope to see the pics soon...

Abhi
Old 26th November 2007, 10:29   #15
BHPian

Dadu, the delivery date is not confirm it is sonday in this week as plan was closed till 21st and the Bear was supposed to deliver on either saturday or today. the dealer will confirm us by end of day today.

Most Viewed