Team-BHP - Hyundai Verna CRDI (SXI) with ABS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Hyundai Verna CRDI (SXI) with ABS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/31863-hyundai-verna-crdi-sxi-abs-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sats (Post 894878)
Which year / month of make is your Verna ?

Feb 2008 Verna Crdi SX ABS

Well I agree to same. 3 person's on the back seat is not at all comfortable.agree:

Center persone has a bigest problem is with leg keeping (Center bottel holder)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 899333)
Feb 2008 Verna Crdi SX ABS

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 894797)
yesterday we went to Yelagiri in my Brother's Verna Crdi SX ABS.
I ripped the car till 190 kmph and th car was very stable and no one inside the car felt that speed.
Handling was good and too brakes(may be cos of ABS).
But everyone (3 members) in the rear seats complaints about the seating probelm/position.
they felt very uncomfortable and we did only 500+ kms.

I have bought verna last month and driven nearly 5000 K.m.

I want to ask you all that, is there is any way where I can reduce the pickup of the car?

I know this is not a regular question, but I think in doing so, it will help in increase the fuel efficiency.

Is there is any way where, we can reduce the speed of the engine?

Please reply. Even if this is harmful please let me know the same as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 899709)

I want to ask you all that, is there is any way where I can reduce the pickup of the car?

I know this is not a regular question, but I think in doing so, it will help in increase the fuel efficiency.

the easiest way to reduce the pick up is to reduce pressure from your right foot on the accelarator:-)
AFAIK, it is not harmful to the engine, and it also improves the mileage.
Seriously speaking, why are you looking to increase mileage in a diesel car that is already giving you 15kmpl? mods to increase the mileage of the car are not really bang for buck,are few and far in between, and are untested. It is much much more sensible and economical to change your driving style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 899733)
the easiest way to reduce the pick up is to reduce pressure from your right foot on the accelarator:-)
AFAIK, it is not harmful to the engine, and it also improves the mileage.
Seriously speaking, why are you looking to increase mileage in a diesel car that is already giving you 15kmpl? mods to increase the mileage of the car are not really bang for buck,are few and far in between, and are untested. It is much much more sensible and economical to change your driving style.

Ok, you are right, may be but still, if doing some thing with engine and i get more benifit then who is not happy on this earth?

So can I have some good Idea??

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 899709)

A question to address the other end of the spectrum (reduce the pickup)...:)

Driving habits - timely gearshift, judging braking / overtaking distances for restraining unecessary braking or throttle inputs and judicious use of the gas pedal, properly tuned car can help in economising. May be adding in a OE K&N or Greens filter would also help.

But trying to re-engineer backwards would affect you car's overall performance, engine integrity, warranty and resale values.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 899748)
Ok, you are right, may be but still, if doing some thing with engine and i get more benifit then who is not happy on this earth?

So can I have some good Idea??

I'm getting some really crazy ideas, but not posting them because i'd be laughed out of the forum:D. I hope you realise, driving style and road conditions will make a far, far greater impact on mileage than engine mods. just try changing your driving style for two weeks, and calculate the mileage you get. if you still want to hear my crazy idea then, I'll tell you.:D

Hi All..
I will get my Blue Verna CRDI SX ABS on the end of this August, 2009. Eagerly waiting for it!!! I'm planning to do some mods bfore taking the car out...

1. Tyres > to Bridgestone G III (planning to fill nitrogen. any recommnds?)
2. Headlights > to some 100/130 bulbs
3. Audio > To a higher end bluetooth enabled (looking for GPS also. hope I could get a mapmyindia GPS device installed.)
4. Spoiler > adding a rear spoiler with breaklight.

I hope the list is OK for a fresh hand.. :)

will update with the launch soon :)

hi rippergeo

I got my beautiful beast on 11th Aug!!
I started an initial impression thread too.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...di-sx-abs.html

will update with pics soon...
thnx