Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
the engine begins to be heard at 3000rpm, and at 4000rpm, I must admit, the engine note is pretty sporty.

the car touches some scary speeds in 2nd 3rd and 4th. didnt have the guts to floor it in 4th or 5th. the brakes are pretty good. but the rate at which it picks up velocity is frightening enough to make me restrict myself to 100kmph. maybe I'm getting too old for this boy racer thingy

More detailed handling impression to follow.

also coming up in the travelogue threads...trips to all points of the compass in the swift DDiS and the CRDI VGT over the next 2-3 months(I'm on sort of a vacation)
Yooo hoooo thats what i am talking about, the spirit of VERNA ! come December and i am adding a Pete's to mine .... ! My dad is still very scared to drive the Verna. Oh yes that growl that you were talking about which comes into the cabin after you hit the 4k mark , and also the sound of the turbo turning on at around 1800 RPM is really addictive and i do mean it . You should try out the Masinagudi - Kalhatty - Ooty route in the Verna its an experince like no other in the Verna , have driven a Lancer , Fiesta and a MM540 up these 36 hairpins but none matches the sheer exhilaration given by the Verna CRDI VGT on these steep curves. Oh man am i in love with my car !
Old 7th December 2007, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Yooo hoooo thats what i am talking about, the spirit of VERNA ! come December and i am adding a Pete's to mine .... ! My dad is still very scared to drive the Verna. Oh yes that growl that you were talking about which comes into the cabin after you hit the 4k mark , and also the sound of the turbo turning on at around 1800 RPM is really addictive and i do mean it . You should try out the Masinagudi - Kalhatty - Ooty route in the Verna its an experince like no other in the Verna , have driven a Lancer , Fiesta and a MM540 up these 36 hairpins but none matches the sheer exhilaration given by the Verna CRDI VGT on these steep curves. Oh man am i in love with my car !
Hmmmmm

Elito
Old 8th December 2007, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
If you think the SX's handling has improved, I shudder imagining the handling on the other versions.
I will upgrade the tyres after I wear the OE tyres out, now busy saving for a pete's for my dear Swift VDi.
Why don't you go for pete in Verna? Imagine you driving a peted Verna
i'm feeling jealous haha kidding
Old 8th December 2007, 18:15   #19
rippergeo

I did imagine a peted verna, and it was tempting. but the car is already scary when the accelerator is used. Peteing it is just going to make it scarier. The brakes are definitely good enough to handle the pete's box. but the handling needs some more work. so if I mod the verna, I'm looking at a total cost of Rs60,000 above(30 for the tuning box + 30 for the suspension) not including the upsized tyres and the new, larger alloys.

also, after the suspension mods, the GC drops by 45mm, and even though the car's handling is going to improve massively after suspension work, no amount of mods will give it the steering feedback and the driver involvement of a VDi

So I chose to mod the VDi,
anyway,the verna is already a rocket,why should i give it afterburners?

Old 9th December 2007, 00:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I did imagine a peted verna, and it was tempting. but the car is already scary when the accelerator is used. Peteing it is just going to make it scarier. The brakes are definitely good enough to handle the pete's box. but the handling needs some more work. so if I mod the verna, I'm looking at a total cost of Rs60,000 above(30 for the tuning box + 30 for the suspension) not including the upsized tyres and the new, larger alloys.

also, after the suspension mods, the GC drops by 45mm, and even though the car's handling is going to improve massively after suspension work, no amount of mods will give it the steering feedback and the driver involvement of a VDi

So I chose to mod the VDi,
anyway,the verna is already a rocket,why should i give it afterburners?
Never knew about the dropping of GC, I bet the car gonna handle awesome after dropping ground clearance along with tyre upgrades. But another way to do work on suspensions without dropping the GC. In india many many bad roads, you know what i'm talking about.
Can you provide more information on the mods done on the suspension of Verna SX?
I'm planning to buy Verna SX, ofcourse tires upgrade along with few mods like...
Green Filter
Free flow Exhaust
Petes

pete's installed on Verna, approx 130 HP beast. What if i install Green Filter Twisted, Free Flow Exhaust, 10 HP increase (a guess, correct me if i'm wrong guys)?

I tried to search on the mods on team bhp forum but couldnt found.

Can you or any team bhpian please provide good source for all the above queries?
thanx

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 9th December 2007 at 00:27.
Old 9th December 2007, 00:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes Petes in a Verna will be insane at around 130bhp and with a Green Filter around 135bhp.
Old 9th December 2007, 01:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
congrats on your new baby..... and a very comprehensive review.....I have a Verna VGT without ABS.....and i completely agree with you on the handeling part.....I have upgraded the rim/tyre to 15 Inch Alloys and 195/55 Goodyears .....handling has improved a lot....
Heehehehe.. Gotttt uuu.. U r the person I was looking for who is using 195/55/15R on Verna CRDI. Please let me know how is the handling after the upsizing. How is the ride quality? Is it really bumpy on irregular (Very regular in india) roads? Please show some light into this aspects of your upsizing. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 9th December 2007 at 01:03.
Old 9th December 2007, 01:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yes Petes in a Verna will be insane at around 130bhp and with a Green Filter around 135bhp.
thanx for the ans. but how about free flow exhaust and suspension mods? any source or information?
Old 9th December 2007, 01:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me rider, it dos cost 9 lacs on the road in cochin after tax and registration.
I apologise for calling it a test drive. it should be an initial impression / ownership review rather than anything else
Yes it is 9.06 on roads (For Sx with ABS) in the quotes i received last week from Hiton Hundai
Old 9th December 2007, 09:25   #25
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Never knew about the dropping of GC, I bet the car gonna handle awesome after dropping ground clearance along with tyre upgrades. But another way to do work on suspensions without dropping the GC.
Pete's team in cochin told me that the dampers and springs will be changed to stiffer ones, the side effect is that the stiffer suspension parts also lower the car by 40mm.On the whole, the road grip should improve phenomenally, but steering feel feedback will change very little, I'm not sure if they are Koni/ eibach or bilstein, didnt ask because i wasnt planning to install these parts anyway, at that price.

In india many many bad roads, you know what i'm talking about.
Can you provide more information on the mods done on the suspension of Verna SX?
Dampers and suspension work/replacement will cost 30,000 for the whole package. but will make a huge difference. not sure about the brands used.
ask pete

I'm planning to buy Verna SX, ofcourse tires upgrade along with few mods like...
Green Filter
Free flow Exhaust
Petes

pete's installed on Verna, approx 130 HP beast. What if i install Green Filter Twisted, Free Flow Exhaust, 10 HP increase (a guess, correct me if i'm wrong guys)?
I wouldnt know HL, sorry, why dont you try pete himself? he's on the forum
BTW, do you really need to make this car faster?
but let me know if you get more info- I might change my mind

I tried to search on the mods on team bhp forum but couldnt found.

Can you or any team bhpian please provide good source for all the above queries?

thanx
My replies are in bold
Best person would be Pete (also known as turboindia on this forum) himself,I've got his number, PM me and I'll send it to you
also, please let me know what happens after the tyre upsize.

Old 9th December 2007, 11:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
My replies are in bold
Best person would be Pete (also known as turboindia on this forum) himself,I've got his number, PM me and I'll send it to you
also, please let me know what happens after the tyre upsize.
thanx for the reply bro. Please provide me his number and i will call him and ask him, lol ofcourse... because in india, big engines means more performance means bigger cars in size like sonata accord etc.
Then why not boosting such power in a small car, and ofcourse much economical then premium cars or D Segments?

You have a piece of bad a*s (verna), why don't you make a unique one? Unique in Cochin? How many had done these mods on Verna? I guess none or not many... and you have such a unique bombastic car with you. Howzz dat?

Petefied Verna is always always ahead of Petefied Swift.
Why don't you make it a unique one?

Same case in delhi, now i'm planning to buy verna next year, so need to save money on the mods too.
NO OFFENSE GUYS: How about you overtaking an enthusiast with a bigger engine on the highway with your petefied Verna? hehe the guy will be in a shock to see verna is faster than his bigger engine and will keep on thinking tick tock tick tock.. haha howz dat?
Old 9th December 2007, 13:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about you overtaking an enthusiast with a bigger engine on the highway with your petefied Verna?
Make sure the person you overtake is not a Magnum with Petes.

FFE on a diesel vehicle needs a expert.
Old 9th December 2007, 14:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!
Old 9th December 2007, 15:15   #29
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
My thoughts exactly!
actually, If i give up this silly idea of buying an SUV in jan, I might just pick up the magnum.

Old 9th December 2007, 20:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:

FFE on a diesel vehicle needs a expert.
lol magnum with pete box bombastic , not many on the road, i don't think a single one in delhi, if yes, then 1-2 that's it not more than that for sure. but i was talking about the stock cars hehe

thanx for the advice @ busa and i will contact autopsyche for FFE on Verna. I think he can do the job. what do you say?

OT: Someone thought of petefied Sonata Embera 2.0 CRDi VGT 6 speed mannual transmission?

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 9th December 2007 at 20:51.

Most Viewed