Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2007, 17:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Someone thought of petefied Sonata Embera 2.0 CRDi VGT 6 speed mannual transmission?
I have, that will be awesome, but wait, soon its going to be the Laura vRS 170bhp the king of diesel car performance, with a remap thats around 210bhp
Old 10th December 2007, 17:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I have, that will be awesome, but wait, soon its going to be the Laura vRS 170bhp the king of diesel car performance, with a remap thats around 210bhp
What the Hell? 210 hp? damn Waiting Waiting..
I bet Hyundai will surely do something to overcome that power of upcoming laura.
Old 10th December 2007, 18:26   #33
tez
BHPian

[offtopic] hey busa, how much is peted swift's power and torque?
Old 11th December 2007, 00:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
[offtopic] hey busa, how much is peted swift's power and torque?
Power 95BHP, Torque 220NM

Quote:
I bet Hyundai will surely do something to overcome that power of upcoming laura.
They wont be doing anything since their 2.0 engine produces just 140bhp, but the vRS does 170bhp with same capacity.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Power 95BHP, Torque 220NM

They wont be doing anything since their 2.0 engine produces just 140bhp, but the vRS does 170bhp with same capacity.
vRS is a petrol ver. but petes box is only for diesel ver. i think. please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

No the Laura vRS is a diesel and it will have petes box as well as remap from Petes.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
No the Laura vRS is a diesel and it will have petes box as well as remap from Petes.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/163664-post2.html
Got this info from here.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:13   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Oh yeah its diesel.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/295249-post17.html
one more source from the same thread.

But that thing will be costly and ofcourse costly after sales service. 100% sure.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the petrol vRS is 200bhp, but the diesel is 170bhp and Skoda plan to launch the diesel.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:18   #40
BHPian

Magnum is a good car, But Hyundai is well trusted in terms of diesel cars over chevy you know.

and hyundai cars are cheaper than chevy in terms of after sales service and spare parts.

Few mods to Verna, and Done.

Most of all Verna is smaller than Magnum, this is one of the reason i like verna over magnum.

Just the matter of trust, that's it. Magnum i know is a powerful car over verna. But Hyundai is Hyundai in diesel cars. hehe
Old 11th December 2007, 01:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

The best diesel engines are made by Fiat and their engines are made in partnership with GM, so GM also know their diesel engines quite well.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The best diesel engines are made by Fiat and their engines are made in partnership with GM, so GM also know their diesel engines quite well.
that i know Fiat engines gives optimum refinement, but good fiat diesel cars which can go head to head with verna are not available in india.

For Chevy, i have a feeling that gearbox is not good as hyundai. may be i'm wrong. but i had driven chevy cars. but no match for hyundai, till yet (my feeling, may be its psychological, but trust is trust you know, performance, built quality and major thing is pocket).

Optra Petrol, dunno but i found my car better and no match for elantra.
Driven Magnum, yes it is powerful, but i trust hyundai than chevy in this dept. because seen people with few problems with magnum (gearbox issues) and most of all, verna is much cheaper to maintain than magnum. I have to look at my pocket too.

Design i like SRV, Awesome rear view. Wow.

But you know petefied verna is verna after few mods done, like suspension. tyres along with few engine mods like green cotton and FFE. So much power and easy to maintain over laura or magnum (after sale service). thats why opting for verna over magnum.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 11th December 2007 at 01:39.
Old 11th December 2007, 02:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Magnum is a good car, But Hyundai is well trusted in terms of diesel cars over chevy you know.
Your sonata v6, elantra and the chevy optra magnum have the same 2 ltr block from detroit diesel in different states of tune. Only the verna engine is in house, made by hyundai.

The elantra diesel is way superior to the verna in just about everything. The only thing it lacks is VGT.

I'm not sure if building an FFE for a diesel is either easy or cheap. Never seen a diesel with an FFE. In fact most diesel exhausts have much lower restriction than petrol, making an FFE questionable in the first place.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 11th December 2007 at 02:30.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Your sonata v6, elantra and the chevy optra magnum have the same 2 ltr block from detroit diesel in different states of tune. Only the verna engine is in house, made by hyundai.

The elantra diesel is way superior to the verna in just about everything. The only thing it lacks is VGT.

I'm not sure if building an FFE for a diesel is either easy or cheap. Never seen a diesel with an FFE. In fact most diesel exhausts have much lower restriction than petrol, making an FFE questionable in the first place.
I need to check out my pocket too.
Elantra is phased out.

Sonata V6 never came in diesel i guess, that was sonata gold, coming with 2 engines. S10 and V6 and both petrol versions. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Sonata Embera is the bigger ver. of VGT.

I never knew that chevy got detriot engine under their hood.

Still Chevy Magnum vs Sonata Embera Diesel vs Laura (present one)...

My money on Sonata. Though its over priced.

Read somewhere in this forum and in other forums too about the gearbox issues in brand new magnum. Not just 1 but 2-3 of them.

Main Reason for going for Verna, is that it wont hurt my pocket and it is smaller than magnum (size), You know a lot of parking issues in Delhi. I know there are some issues with verna in terms of handling, but that can be fixed.

thanx about FFE info, i will confirm it again about FFE installation in diesel cars.

Please provide more information on the engine mods on Verna. I tried to search on the forum but havnt got a striking result.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 11th December 2007 at 13:45.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Err not sonata v6... i meant the sonata crdi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks