Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 10:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

that's very bad... I thought that only happens with Tata dealers.

Don't even think of taking delivery of that car, even if dealer insist that all the problems are rectified.
Old 11th December 2007, 10:59   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
In the menwhile I wrote in the Skoda site after your suggestions and they responded by calling me up and saying the problem has been escalated.

Wait for Skoda to get back on this
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2007, 12:15   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey,

Come what may, do not accept that piece as Tanveer said.

One idea that comes to my mind to protect your hard earned money is -Just ask for a brand new vehicle. Best way is to ask for a colour different from that piece. Insist on latest month as the manufacturing date. Don't give a damn to the fact that Combi is sold less so stocks last longer (not our problem at all). In fact ask for 2008 made piece now that end of the year is approaching)...

Just my 2 paise.

And cheers to T-BHP for making our automobile market a mature one...
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2007, 14:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

So Diffsoft, any progress on this??
Old 16th December 2007, 21:29   #20
BHPian

Friend
A discerning buyer goes to Skoda to buy a premium car, not a used, refurbished bunch of metal. Simply put, if you have paid the Advance to the dealer, tell him that you want the car in Jan 2008, and It better be 08 Model, secondly if they give you 07 model option, please insist on a different car and that too with a bundle of freebies.
The dealer is in a soup, hound him , pressurise him, if you know somebody in consumer court /lawyer group take him along......
Just intentionally push him, but also be aware, that you would be getting your car serviced later here only

Good luck
Old 16th December 2007, 21:55   #21
NIP
Senior - BHPian

a friend of a friend recently got a replacement for his swift after he used it for a month. one of the doors was repainted, which someone else with a keen eye noticed and he later found out that it was a damaged car (transit?). so he actually got a new car with a new registration, but of course, he had to fight for this. the dealer finally had to give in. i'm not sure which dealer, but if you want to know, i can dig into this.

i dont think you should accept this vehicle at all. get your money back and give the finger to skoda.
Old 17th December 2007, 16:59   #22
BHPian

Friends:

I owe you all an update on the issue.

After I wrote to Skoda at their website (10 Dec 2007) they gave me a ticket number and said someone will address my concern. No one did.

The dealer (no prizes for guessing which one!) said that the vehicle was ready for delivery and I should inspect it. He admitted all the problems (dent resulting in paint chip-off, mis-alignment, black spots on the beige leather seats and a different paint finish) and said "I can live with the rectification as these problems would anyway happen in Bangalore" and that "I give personal guarantee that nothing would happen". I told him I need a new piece (something I have been assiduously sticking to). He said "Sir, it has been registered in your name" - subsequently when I pressed that I did not sign any document he said, "Sir, you do not need to sign any document!!". I said what about Form 20 - then he said "Sir, you actually signed it!!!"

In any case, I thought I needed to contact the Sales manager (11 Dec)who said he will find out and get back to me positively. He did not. He asked me to call the dealer's GM who was not picking up our calls!

I shot off a mail to the MD of Skoda and a fax on 12th Dec. asking him to intervene and that I was expecting to hear fom him.

No response till Dec 14th. I sent another reminder to the MD.

On Dec 15th, the Sales exexcutive from the dealer spoke and said that my number plate has come and when am I coming for delivery. When I told him that I am not interested he parroted that the vehicle has been registered in my name. I asked him how he managed to get it done without my signature - he initially said I signed and then backed off when I told him that I am willing to take oath that I did not....then he started telling me stories that he will lose his job if this vehicle does not go through. I told him to work a solution. He said the GM will call me up.

The GM called me up on 15 Dec evening and askde me to inspect and take it for delivery. I said, "no I wont, I need a new piece"....he said that it has been registered. I said I have not signed any form to get it registered. He was surprised and said he will check and get back! He did not.

Today (17 Dec), I got a mail from Sales guy at Skoda (my mail to the MD had floated in the system) saying that the vehicle was ready for delivery. I called him up and told him that I am not interested and I need a new piece.....and if he does not have one then please put it in writing and compel me to take this one. I also said that the dealer says they have registered when I have not signed Form 20. He said he will ask the dealer GM to speak to me.

The GM called and this time was very gentle and (remember this was the first time he called after he said he will verify if I have signed Form 20) parroted that the vehicle was new and I have his guarantee. I told him that I need a new piece. He then said the vehicle has been registered in my name..upon which I said that I am willing to take oath I haven't and that I will have to take up the matter in court if such accusations are made. He buckled and said, "Sir why go to court and bring lawyers into the picture?". I told him that I need a new piece and if cannot provide one make it clear and any further pushing from his end would mean I would need to talk to my lawyer before responding......he said Ok and hung up.

In the meanwhile I wrote to Skoda (marked to everyone) saying that I need a new piece and reject this piece....and that I have not registered this piece.

I am waiting to hear from them, and if they do not respond by tomorrow, I am planning to ask them for a time frame by which they will resolve, after which I have to issue a legal notice.

Let's see how this goes, but I learn't a few things that may be useful to the forum:

We are offered protection under the Consumer Protection Act 1986 - which has managed to resolve 96.5% of the cases till date. Separately, selling a car that is more than 6 months old is considered a valid complaint.

Check this out for those who are more interested DIVISION TWO and look at para 1.3

Also I checked the RTO procedures and it is very clear that the registration procedure begins only after the purchase of the vehicle (proved by accepting the Invoice or Goods Receipt when produced by the manufacturer)...here is the link again Procedure for Registration of new vehicle (for Karnataka)

Thanks once again for your support and will keep you updated.

Warm regards
diffsoft is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2007, 18:17   #23
NIP
Senior - BHPian

*******s. dont let them get away with this ! drag them to court if necessary...and i personally think you should forget the combi or skoda for that matter. there are better cars you can buy.

Last edited by NIP : 17th December 2007 at 18:19.
Old 17th December 2007, 18:40   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes.

Forget a new piece, etc.

Just ask for your money back.

They are continuously trying to cheat and any deal with them is risky.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2007, 18:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy, re: the RTO issue, the Bangalore Mirror will have fun poking at the dealer and RTO

As long as you have not signed anything that the car has been accepted by you, even if registered in your name, you do not have to accept the car. BTW - do you have proof that the car is 6 months old?

Last edited by ajmat : 17th December 2007 at 18:43.
Old 17th December 2007, 18:43   #26
BHPian

Do not deal with this dealer and I would say, do not deal with Skoda. There are many other good cars available to satisfy your requirement.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:48   #27
NIP
Senior - BHPian

hey diffsoft...whats happening with the combi !? please post updates...hope the dealers were taken to task !!
Old 27th December 2007, 14:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Dude Even My Honda VTEC when delivered had the probs
they exchanged the car.......!!!!!!!

Can Guys help me with the PDI LIST ALSO?
Old 27th December 2007, 15:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Dude Even My Honda VTEC when delivered had the probs
they exchanged the car.......!!!!!!!

Can Guys help me with the PDI LIST ALSO?
here is the link bro
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 27th December 2007, 15:26   #30
BHPian

Don't let them get away. Drag them to court.......
manojgautham is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks