Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 10:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

OT.
Now diffsoft has rejected the Skoda registered in his name. I'm eager to know as what will happen to this Skoda ?
Will TAFE keep it as a test drive vehicle ???
Will they push the vehicle into Used car market ??
What are the other possibilites??
Old 28th December 2007, 10:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I
And I find this ironic and somewhat bad in taste but I must say even a lowly Maruti or Tata reacts lightning fast to their customers' complains (and they have probably many 100 times more than skoda). Kick the skoda. They are junk if they are actually turning a blind eye to such horrific irregularities of their dealers.
zappo - how cud u say "lowly maruti " ??

we are talking of customer service here and maruti consistenly tops this aspect in practically every survey...

its more like lowly HONDA, SKODA , FORD etc...

P.S. i DONT own a MARUTI - i own a HONDA...
Old 28th December 2007, 12:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this Diffsoft but I guess you tool all precautions needed. Now you just need to be patient since this is not going to be an overnight process. I would think what Himanshu has just suggested to you is quite relevant since forging signatures to complete the registeration is not just forgery but also Criminal Conspiracy! So do file the FIR with Skoda India as a fellow conspirator along with TAFE & then go to the Media, they should really have a field day with this!!

I'm sure there must be some members in Bangy who would have contacts in the media to help you out with this.

But what surprises me more is that till date Skoda India has been mum on the issue completely, not something I would expect from a company like them.

Best of Luck!
Old 28th December 2007, 14:56   #49
BHPian

Phew, I am amazed at the sheer audacity of the dealer and the company.
They certainly need to be taken to task.
@Diffsoft: Take a tough stand and make TAFE / SKODA pay you a hefty sum for causing mental agony also!
Old 30th December 2007, 09:31   #50
BHPian

AND LO AND BEHOLD THERE WERE 5 FORGED SIGNATURES OF MINE - COPIED FROM MY PASSPORT XEROX LEFT BEHIND!!!! THESE SIGNATURES WERE VASTLY DIFFERENT FROM MY ACTUAL SIGNATURES, AND SOMEONE TRIED BADLY TO COPY THEM WITH DISASTROUS RESULTS. OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE FROM TAFE FILLED UP THIS FORM HURRIEDLY AND FORCED THIS FORGED REGISTRATION UPON ME TO PASS OFF THIS VEHICLE.
----------------------------------------------------

In Maharashtra, your left thumb impression smust accompany your signature on the form 20.
May be the boffins here must have experienced somthing similar earlier

- using BOLD type represents SCREAMING. It is hence impolite to include so much BOLD type in a post - Thanks for understanding, Navin
Old 31st December 2007, 11:32   #51
BHPian

Thanks Navin for pointing this out - will take care henceforth
Old 31st December 2007, 12:21   #52
BANNED

I think all buyers be aware, that this practice of forging the buyers signatures has another consequence. When you try and sell the car later the signatures will not match, so transferring will be a pain in the a... .

Is there any mechanism available for the buyer to check that there has been no forgery of any signature etc. (be it as a convenience). May be we should ask for photocopies of the papers submitted to the RTO to ensure this as a routine measure.

How do they manage the insurance, without the buyer's signatures? Forgery on the proposal form again!
Old 5th January 2008, 17:42   #53
Team-BHP Support

Is this your car by any chance ?
Skoda Octavia Combi for sale
Old 5th January 2008, 18:52   #54
BHPian

TAFE have done the biggest mistake n their life by sending you the forged signatures to you. TAFE you are done with it. Wait for the judgment day is the only thing left out for you GM.
Old 5th January 2008, 22:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The ad says 2006 model & 17k Kms done, i doubt if this is it, who knows, it very well could be.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:08   #56
BHPian

Now I learned about what the dealers can do. I am little nervous because...

I have paid the dealer INR 50K for booking the Fabia and they have told me they return my money if I like to cancel because of the price (still not announced) or any other reason if I don't plan on buying the car.

Does anyone know if they promptly return the money for canceling the booking ? Sorry, little ways off the topic.
Old 7th January 2008, 11:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
No (but who knows) my odo showed 78 kms and the registration number appears to be different.

Cheers
Old 7th January 2008, 11:22   #58
BHPian

Not sure if they do, but legally they should because that's what you (and I hear everyone) has been told. You ask them bluntly that you need the money on the same day if you do not like the vehicle.

My suggestion would be to be very clear with them that they should present the registration papers to you for your signature only after you inspect the vehicle and give your go-ahead for purchase. I would go further to suggest you register the vehicle yourself.

All the best

How I wish I had my car by now!
Old 7th January 2008, 11:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you approach AutoCar India and Overdrive with this? Give Skoda bad publicity and I am sure they will wake up from their deep sleep.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:24   #60
BHPian

I am really shocked to see this post and how low a dealer can go to cheat his customers. Shame! To top it all SKODA being quiet is another shocker.

If I were in your shoes I will take it to court and the media. These foreign companies think they can cheat the indian public. These guys should be flogged with their pants down in public, or like the gulf, their hands should be chopped off or a few 1000 lashes will do.

We should never take this lying down. It could happen to anyone of us. Really scarry to see that they can duplicate signatures. Just forget SKODA, get a full refund and buy something else. Its high time TAFE is taught a lesson. My what attitude.

Pls dont loose hope in our judicial system, things are improving, go to the consumer court and all the auto mags.

Most Viewed