Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:41   #91
BHPian

So much for this happy ending! I was very relieved u got ur money back. But, one thing that i cant digest is the way Skoda India handled this issue. I suggest u take this to the media.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

wonderfull end to an eventfull drama.so an ownwer of verna and skoda at the cost of verna.lol.but beware of one thing,suppose the dealer of skoda dont change the name to theirs and imagine an accident involving serious damage to third party property,you are in troble as you are the registered ownwer of the car.so dont refrain from signing the transfer paper ,ask for a compensation and then sign the papers and take a photo copy and keep it for yourself.
ram
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:09   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
wonderfull end to an eventfull drama.so an ownwer of verna and skoda at the cost of verna.lol.but beware of one thing,suppose the dealer of skoda dont change the name to theirs and imagine an accident involving serious damage to third party property,you are in troble as you are the registered ownwer of the car.so dont refrain from signing the transfer paper ,ask for a compensation and then sign the papers and take a photo copy and keep it for yourself.
ram

Ram,

Are you sure?

He never signed the papers in the first place. He has informed all the parties and legal entities about this.

According to me, there is no question of him signing the transfer papers.

His money is also back.

In fact signing the transfer papers will mean he had signed the registration papers before!
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:12   #94
BHPian

not only do they cheat but they also have the worst service station in Bangalore i was so disgusted with their service that i sold my skoda octavia off in frustration sorry for the digress but i had to vent

Congrats on getting your money back !
Old 23rd January 2008, 06:39   #95
BHPian

Congratz diffsoft!!! cheers:
If i was in India, i would have asked TOI bangalore to put this in the paper.
Personally, i would like to congratulate and appreciate the police officer, who did the right thing *hats off to the cop*.
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:38   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Ram,

Are you sure?

He never signed the papers in the first place. He has informed all the parties and legal entities about this.

According to me, there is no question of him signing the transfer papers.

His money is also back.

In fact signing the transfer papers will mean he had signed the registration papers before!
Well the RTO doesnt know that he had not signed the registration papers and that his signature was forged. As far as the RTO is concerned the car still legally belongs to him.

In my opinion he should not sign any more papers.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:17   #97
BHPian

Congrats diffsoft. I think this is a victory for all of us. Very shocking to see SKODA themselves not respond. Gives me the jitters as I have a 1.9TDI.. I prefer Vinayaka anyday. Do bring this to TOI or Bangalore Mirror.

Its great to see our Police so friendly and helpful and they must be really thanked. Good someone finally taught TAFE a lesson.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:07   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well the RTO doesnt know that he had not signed the registration papers and that his signature was forged. As far as the RTO is concerned the car still legally belongs to him.

In my opinion he should not sign any more papers.

Ya guys.. I guess still that car is registered in the name of diffsoft. And since he has not legally proved that the signature is forged, any issues related to that car might get forwarded to u. So just to be sure, please ask your advocate to prepare a legal document depicting that your signature in that particular form was forged , and also get it signed by the police officer who verified it. I guess we can do like that.. Right, guys????
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Well, @ Ajmat, since they forged his signature to register the car, they will do the same to "un-register" the car.
@ Diffsoft- wischvuanaudh (man... what does it mean) has raised quite an interesting point. Speak to your lawyer and get it signed saying that the papers are indeed forged, sign it by the police (unless they sign only FIRs) and submit it to the RTO. that might get the dealer into a big soup. Also, have some sort of documentation to say that this IS NOT your vehicle.
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:24   #100
BHPian

@madan80- Thats my name. Its actually Viswanath. Just for the ease of writing i twisted it. hehe
sorry for makin a small off-topic chat.
Old 24th January 2008, 00:41   #101
Senior - BHPian

Viswa is quite right. Excellent point. Thats what you need to do. This should be a legally drawn document stating the facts. A copy of this document should reach the RTO and TAFE.

What if the car is used for some illegal activities. You could be in a soup for sometime. Please follow up on this post haste. :-)
Old 24th January 2008, 09:06   #102
NIP
Senior - BHPian

wow...congrats diffsoft !! good climax to the story...with cops even ! lol !! i'm happy you got your money back and that cheap fraud TAFE GM got screwed.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:30   #103
BHPian

[COLOR=black]I can just imagine the tension that would have gone in your mind when dealing with corrupt people. Hats Off to you and I bow to you. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]I am also very happy to even belong to this BHP Group. Hats off to TeamBHP where everyone in this group have one thing in Common. "Come what may, we stand united together to fight the culprits". [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]"Three Cheers to TeamBHP, Hip Hip Hurray, Hip Hip Hurray, Hip Hip Hurray",[/COLOR]
Old 27th January 2008, 00:42   #104
BHPian

Diffsoft, it brought a smile on my face when I read that you got your money back.

However as pointed out by fellow bhp'ians here, do check what you have to get done about the transfer of this vehicle. Remember, since this was an out of court settlement (rather a settlement without any FIR), as per RTO, you have no proof that this Skoda doesn't belong to you. And if anything untoward happens to anybody, due to that vehicle, the cops may come back looking for you.

Guess you should inform RTO about the whole thing & check what needs to be done, rather than just signing transfer papers, since as said earlier, signing transfer papers would also probably mean that you legally accept that the vehicle (or the forged signatures) was yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks