Team-BHP Support

Nope the corolla has it as well.
Old 13th January 2008, 02:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
BACKGROUND

alloy wheels are the same old dated ones in the previous scorpio

the new safari looks much more attractive now is this the end of the great scorpio?

MOD NOTE: Please format your post properly so that its readable. I have tried to fix it somewhat
Good review. One thing however you find the alloys dated yet think the 'new" safari looks more attractive.What is new about the Safari ?

The Safari is very much dated in looks and very stale compared to todays SUVs. So rather than getting stale alloys you get a stale looking car if you buy the Safari.

Might as well wait for the new SUV from TATA which is due this year. Rather a waste to buy an overpriced Scorpio or dated Safari when the new platform from TATA is not too far away.
Old 13th January 2008, 02:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this the first car in India with Anti-pinch window ?

Source
The clever clogs at Mahindra have apparently only put this anti pich thing on the front windows so rear passengers can happily have fun putting their head out the window and flicking the power window switch.

Many children across the world have died due to electric windows. So why not fit them in the back (where your kids usually sit) or put in normal manual windows.
Old 13th January 2008, 11:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
The clever clogs at Mahindra have apparently only put this anti pich thing on the front windows so rear passengers can happily have fun putting their head out the window and flicking the power window switch.

Many children across the world have died due to electric windows. So why not fit them in the back (where your kids usually sit) or put in normal manual windows.
Yes its true what you say. Thats why today most vehicles have a rear window deactivating switch that can be controlled by the driver. In the same way it is the drivers/guardians responsibility to put on the child lock.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:03   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post

This is just a marketing gimmick,and anti pinch window is only on driver side.
Old 15th January 2008, 23:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
a scaled down no-frills 4x4 variant is whats required. just the basics like power steering + windows and AC will do. i'm speaking for myself here.

auto light / auto wiper / anti-pinch glass / cruise control and no ABS - Duh!!!
Old 5th February 2008, 12:42   #67
BHPian

Scorpio VLX has ABS as standard fitment. I test drove VLX. It drives pretty well and has very good visibility but the quality of interiors is as good or as bad. The cruise control and audio control buttons on the steering are of very poor quality. Couldnt make out any difference in the engine noise of 2.6 and 2.2 .

Dealer explained that the test drive vehicle had some issues due to its rough usage( I was wondering wont I be using it roughly too!).

Road noise and NVH upto speed of 80-90 kmph are very acceptable as earlier.
Overall experience:
Decided not to buy it - till they can offer and automatic transmission as clutch pedal is still hard and no lumbar support , no seat height adjustment and no 4*4 option on VLX as yet ( though visibility was fantastic).
Old 5th February 2008, 13:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

11 lacs. better to show a middle finger to mahindra. and rain sensor wipers that work even when there is no rains . should be a drive of climate & weather report department.

safari makes more sense. its interior space is very gud. also 2.2 VTT is a very refined one.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this the first car in India with Anti-pinch window ?

Source
I have aftermarket power windows on my car. If it senses an obstacle, say my hand, it stops. If Autocop can do it on aftermarket ones, then this must be a pretty simple feature. Or am i wrong?
Old 5th February 2008, 18:35   #70
Senior - BHPian

This was I believe first introduced in Opel Astra.
Old 9th February 2008, 14:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if M & M are planning to come out with a MHawk 2.2 version without the frills i.e auto lights / wipers, cruise control, tyretronics, voice assist etc.

I was more or less fixed on 2.6 Crde but going by the rave reviews of the Mhawk I am planning to have a rethink on my finances (I had planned around 9 Lakhs) and am willing to wait for a few months if a scaled down (read: cheaper Mhawk) version is in the pipeline
Old 19th February 2008, 21:03   #72
BHPian

1) Airbags very expensive to replace in the event of a crash.
2) Omission of electric side mirrors very irritating
3) ABS very very welcome, it stops you from getting into trouble in the first place.
3) Parking sensors also OK
4) Cruise control, rain sensors of no use
5) Ride & handling much improved than 2.6CRDe
6) Sticker job really sucks
7) 2nd row bucket seats very welcome
8) Engine a lot quieter than older CRDe; fuel economy also better
9) Finally, nobody buys a Scorpio for practicality alone- it's the looks, road presence & seating position. An Innova G4 is available for less money.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:32   #73
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy an SUV since Nov 07 and made up my mind for safari, but then went abroad for official visit. So, I came back in the first week of March and decided to go for a test drive for scorpio mHAWK as well...yesterday..

here are the reviews:

PROS:
1. excellent driving pleasure. Pickup is good.
2. Clutch is smooth
3. Maneouvrability is too good.
4. good leg space for the driver and the 2nd row.
5. ABS shows up nice
6. AC was effective.
7. Gear shift was smooth.
8. Interiors are ok.

CONS:
1. No height adjustment for the driver seat
2. No lumber support for the driver seat
3. No Airbags
4. legspace for the 3rd row sucks
5. The Graphics on the vehicle doesn't work well neither with me nor with my wife. though the guy from M&M said that they can be removed.

and last but not the least...
6. HIGH OTR PRICE.

I think the new added features are not worth paying 11 Lakhs. The only new feature I liked was Tyretronics. I think it was working yesterday, but not sure if it is giving the right pressure readings.
rest all the features are just fancy things and I dont think anyone can convince me to pay 11 lakhs for them.

M&M should have provided AIRBAGS with some height adjustment and lumbar support for the driver for that price atleast.
Also, the guy from M&M said that the sterring controls for audio will not work if I change the headunit. When I asked more about it, he said that he was not sure, BUT he was confident that the Tyretronics will not work if I change the Alloys :(

Since the M&M guy came to know that the vehicle is not able to generate my interest in it, he started talking about the offers.
This is what he offered.
1. 10K concession on the price for corporates... :(
2. floor mats
and thats where his list ends....
I dont know why he even thought of talking about the offers when he has nothing to offer....

So...I'll stick to my earlier decision...I am going with SAFARI. whether its going to be EX or VX is yet to be decided.

Avi
Old 17th March 2008, 22:11   #74
BHPian

Overall experience:
Decided not to buy it - till they can offer and automatic transmission as clutch pedal is still hard.[/quote]

THis is the repy i got when i inquired about the automatic transmission if any being offered !!
It s high time there aint not a single indian muv/suv offering automatic !!!
Can anyone put light to it ??
A m-hawk with automatic transmission should surely sell becoz this engine is targeted to the auto enthusiast for regluar chauffer commuting anyone will prefer to save a copule of lacs and go for the 2.6 crde unit !!!
Old 19th March 2008, 17:16   #75
Senior - BHPian

Had a test drive of the mhawk, power feels good, responsive engine, 4th gear in 1200 rpm, and still no knock, but had to down shift at 1000rpm. brakes are ok. interiors were a big let down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks