Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 21:50   #1
BHPian

Tata Sumo Gx Turbo Bs 3 Compilant

I drove the car in Mumbai on Marine Drive at around 5 in the evening. A Very Cool SUV. I had thought it to be really harsh and hard but I was pleasantly surprised.

The Vehicle had only done 384 kilometers.

The Ride Comfort is great and because of it's huge size, I could push the small cars a little bit.cheers:

The Brakes are quiet nice and the seatbelt tensioner also felt good.

The steering is quiet light but does not feel vague. I was changing lanes quiet often.

The Car has the new improved DI Turbo Engine producing 90 PS of power. It is claimed that the vehicle has very good fuel efficiency and I also think it is true. The Driver claimed 14 kpl in the city and 19 kpl on the highways. I think that is a very good figure considering the weight of the vehicle.

The Acceleration of the vehicle is not impressive as it is very heavy and the turbo only kicks in after crossing 50 kmph or so. I found myself struggling to keep up with Sonatas and Hondas as the signal would go green but once the speed would rise and the turbo kick in, they would hold me up. A slightly frustrating vehicle to drive in traffic.

There are no engine vibrations and the engine is also quiet silent.

The Handbrake Lever is to the right of the driver and you have to really push the lever all the way down for it to completely disengage.

The Gearbox felt smooth and the steering is similar to that of the Safari.

The vehicle looks good to me and also the spare tyre now is below the vehicle like Qualis.

The seats were quiet good and comfortable.

It has a small turning radius of 4.9 meters only.

I think it is a much better buy than the Scorpio as you save a lot of money and have a good vehicle too. There is also the Million Indica Celebrations going on so some offers are quiet good.

I was looking for the 4*4 version. The Dealer told me that it would take them 2.5 months to deliver that model. The dealer was very frank and friendly and the vehicle did arrive for TD unlike Mahindra's unreliable dealers.

The A/C is also ok.

I found the best part of the Sumo is the way it handles rough roads. If you are looking for a SUV with high ground clearance and road presence then the Sumo Victa is perfect.
Old 4th December 2007, 22:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars
The Car has the new improved DI Turbo Engine producing 90 PS of power. It is claimed that the vehicle has very good fuel efficiency and I also think it is true. The Driver claimed 14 kpl in the city and 19 kpl on the highways.
The DI Turbo is rated at 70 PS (not 90), and 22.7 Nm. The IDI Turbo is the one that is rated 90 PS & 190 Nm.

14 & 19 may be high, but you should be able to reach 13 & 16 with the DI Turbo engine.
Old 4th December 2007, 22:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I found the best part of the Sumo is the way it handles rough roads. If you are looking for a SUV with high ground clearance and road presence then the Sumo Victa is perfect.
Above all that is its easy ability to conjure a picture of hell, especially when seen thru another vehicle's rear view mirror.

Bruce Almightys drive Sumos.
Old 5th December 2007, 07:48   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesnt have to be through the rear-view mirror alone. Ask theMAG about his experience in Jayanagar, just down the road from La Casa
Old 5th December 2007, 10:11   #5
BHPian

Can you please tell us more theMAG about your bad experiences ?

I am a nice guy and I do not like to damage vehicles.
Old 5th December 2007, 20:34   #6

features of Sumo Victa DI GX 4X4??

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post

I was looking for the 4*4 version. The Dealer told me that it would take them 2.5 months to deliver that model.

Thanks for the relaying your driving impressions about the New Tata Sumo Victa DI GX.

Would like to know more about the 4X4 version...does it come in the same trim levels as the GX? with all the features of the GX?

Could you please elaborate the 4X4 features in detail... ? (part time/4H 4L/?diff lock/ ?LSD...etc)

Thank you once again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks