Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 16:35   #1
BHPian

New tata Safari 2.2 VTT LX Cycus Grey

For my initial experience and views please read following thread:
Dicor 2.2 VTT LX cycus grey Booked

So after ownin the "BEAR" for 4 days, i decided to test it on Highway, while going to my office i went on greater Noida Highway and took U turn from Pari Chowk . it was total 63 km extra drive totaly on real hihway without any gear change and breaks.

One thing i noticed that it never looks or feels that the Truck is doing 100 kpm, all the time I was trying not to cross the 2000 rpm and then i saw mu odo it was showing 100km/h. i am falling in love with it. the drive feels so majastic,its worth to spend time and mony on the "Bear". It has done 376 km on odo.

Now time for some pics, i took this morning.

Also i went today to market to look for ICE, Can some one tell me if get Music system fitted from Market, will it effact my warranty.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:46   #2
BHPian

congrats bruty!
getting a music system fitted from the market will NOT affect any warranty.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:48   #3
NIP
Senior - BHPian

congrats ! from your profile pic, you seem to be an outdoorsy person. so the color of your car is perfect too i really hate to see those weird unnatural colours on an suv. here's wishing you many years of happy motoring...have a blast !!
Old 7th December 2007, 16:56   #4
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
i am falling in love with it. the drive feels so majastic,its worth to spend time and mony on the "Bear". It has done 376 km on odo.

Also i went today to market to look for ICE, Can some one tell me if get Music system fitted from Market, will it effact my warranty.

A big congrats - cycus grey does look good and that is what I have also. Now do plan a big tour, you will love each and every moment of it.

As said warranty is NOT affected by the music system, get it done at a known place.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

congratz on the new purchase. enjoy the drive.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:38   #6
BHPian

Congrats. Nice colour choice.

Enjoy the car.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 7th December 2007, 17:57   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Bruty. You're already getting addicted.

What's the square white sticker near the rear right corner, next to the indicators ?
Old 7th December 2007, 19:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Yeah! whats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Congrats, Bruty. You're already getting addicted.

What's the square white sticker near the rear right corner, next to the indicators ?
Old 7th December 2007, 20:48   #9
BHPian

welcome to the truckers club!!!!!!!
nice pics.
Old 8th December 2007, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The dealers stick it. I had asked the showroom guy and he said its to prevent minor dents / scratches.
Old 9th December 2007, 23:20   #11
BHPian

Is it possible to fix a 2-DIN head unit in Safari???
I was planning to buy JVC AVX-800 for my Safari. My friend's coming from US, so I've to give order within next few days.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:36   #12
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the best wishes from my BHPian bros. I am really enjoying driving, which i have missed for a long, the huge size never bothered me, infact it is easy to drive than my ZEN. I have already drove it 489 KM. its sad that I will not be able to go for long drive in a month or so due to my work pressure. But since my office is at the starting of Noida Express highway, so whenever I want to go for a drive I first go to the express highway till greater Noida and take U turn from pari chowk and then go to office.
I must confess that I am getting addicted to it. On this Sunday we went ( my MIL, wife, 2 kids, 2 maids, my brother and his wife) to India gate to enjoy the lunch. We all fitted into it with ease along with usual luggage. No one can match the space and comfort the " BEAR" provides.

But now the sad part, in the morning today I had a wired thought in my mind to check the ground below the truck to see if there is any oil leakage, as many of my BHPian friends had and to my shock I could see 2-3 drop of oil. I opened the bonnet and try to find any oil marks near the engine bay but could nee see any thing, so I bent on my knees and I could see a drop of oil hanging on the edge of the plate, which is below the engine. You can see this plate when you bent below the engine from the front.
Can some some suggest what should do, should I wait for another 500km to reach the first service. I am really getting worried now.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:58   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
djbobo : The dealers stick it. I had asked the showroom guy and he said its to prevent minor dents / scratches.
WOnder what's special about that spot - is that area so vulnerable to scratches ?
Quote:
bruty : .. I could see 2-3 drop of oil.
Shouldn't be cause for alarm. Keep an eye on it, and the engine oil levels. Let your dealer know - esp if there is visible change in oil levels. Unless there is drop in oil levels, you should be able to hold off till service / next visit to the service station.

Continue to keep an eye on things, as a precaution with a new vehicle. And otherwise too.
Old 10th December 2007, 13:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
The dealers stick it. I had asked the showroom guy and he said its to prevent minor dents / scratches.
explain this?
Old 10th December 2007, 13:50   #15
Team-BHP Support

I thought only the 3.0s leaked oil, but looks like the problem is carried over to the 2.2 also.
Don't ignore it this problem. Get all the seals checked.
Is the oil black(engine oil) or is it golden(Transmission oil).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks