Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 22:28   #91
rippergeo

checked with ford dealers, new 3 litre engine to be launched this month end with deliveries possibly in april. common rail turbo diesel with output of 175bhp available only as 4WD and costing roughly 3 lakhs more than the current top end version.

cant wait till april. will buy the 4wd 140bhp endy by this month end.

Old 15th January 2008, 22:41   #92
BANNED

Guys FORD is always termed as WHITE ELEPHANT in terms of maintenance is concerned.

I would stay away from this TRIO fight again surfacing.

My bet would be SAFARI- Owners Pride Others Envy.
Secondly Tuscon-Great SUV, but i think this will get discontinued any moment.
Endevour- A Strict NO NO.They are still not able to figure out how to sell them here,
Old 16th January 2008, 09:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi, Thanks for that info. I have opted a 2 WD but will re-check with my dealer anyway. What color you have booked?
Brush Steel or something? Anyway, we have cancelled the 4x4 booking & are going for a Limited edition 4x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
checked with ford dealers, new 3 litre engine to be launched this month end with deliveries possibly in april. common rail turbo diesel with output of 175bhp available only as 4WD and costing roughly 3 lakhs more than the current top end version.
Lol, 3 lacs more for a new powerplant! They've effectively outpriced themselves out of the 4x4 market altogether
Quote:
cant wait till april. will buy the 4wd 140bhp endy by this month end.
Yes, April is a long way off but are the current 4x4 models available? I was told that they have stopped production completely.
Old 17th January 2008, 02:06   #94
BHPian

Been driving my Tuc for over 2.5 years now, and should say its a marvellous, no maintenance vehicle! good pickup, (hell lot better with a powerbox!) and nice spacious, thou, good for 5 only.

Best in range till now, but as of today, the CAPTIVA is definately a much better option in my view.
Old 17th January 2008, 07:29   #95
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Yes, April is a long way off but are the current 4x4 models available? I was told that they have stopped production completely.
there is some difficulty in procuring 4X4s, had to go for 2nd choice colour mystic wine, instead of white as 4X4 was not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Been driving my Tuc for over 2.5 years now, and should say its a marvellous, no maintenance vehicle! good pickup, (hell lot better with a powerbox!) and nice spacious, thou, good for 5 only.

Best in range till now, but as of today, the CAPTIVA is definately a much better option in my view.
devil, I saw the captiva, but a front wheel drive SUV poser? thats a bit too much for me to digest. the car is brilliant otherwise. would have bought it in a flash without 4WD even if it had RWD.

I still want the tucson, but thats not going to happen, majority vote wins in the family.

Old 21st January 2008, 13:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guys FORD is always termed as WHITE ELEPHANT in terms of maintenance is concerned.

I would stay away from this TRIO fight again surfacing.

My bet would be SAFARI- Owners Pride Others Envy.
Secondly Tuscon-Great SUV, but i think this will get discontinued any moment.
Endevour- A Strict NO NO.They are still not able to figure out how to sell them here,

Tucson did not have good sales and they are stopping it now. Endeavour sells decent numbers for the segment its in. I saw in one of the resent sales charts produced in a TBHP thread that Endeavour sales is same as that of CRV for the past 6 months.
Old 7th February 2008, 12:30   #97
BHPian

Quote:
there is some difficulty in procuring 4X4s, had to go for 2nd choice colour mystic wine, instead of white as 4X4 was not available.

Hi rippergo, mist wine is a nice color. Goes well with the huge body of Endeavour. When are you getting your vehicle delivered? Are you opting for any accessories?

Last edited by joshdrive : 7th February 2008 at 12:40.
Old 7th February 2008, 14:32   #98
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi rippergo, mist wine is a nice color. Goes well with the huge body of Endeavour. When are you getting your vehicle delivered? Are you opting for any accessories?
its my brother's car, it has been delivered beginning of this month. already run 1000kms. usual stuff like sun film, anti glare for the windshield, replacement horn from roots and parking sensors were installed. waiting for bull bar from carry boy to be available. supposed to cost 12000. my brother tells me that the vehicle was stock as he purchased it. cladding, roof rails came as standard.

did not get 4WD
someone with longer stronger strings pulled the available one away from us, and we could'nt wait another month for the 4WD.

will put a detailed initial impression once i can tear myself away from the swift.

Old 7th February 2008, 17:38   #99
BHPian

[quote=rippergeo;714443 usual stuff like sun film, anti glare for the windshield, replacement horn from roots and parking sensors were installed. waiting for bull bar from carry boy to be available. supposed to cost 12000. my brother tells me that the vehicle was stock as he purchased it. cladding, roof rails came as standard.

[/quote]

My dealer is not giving any accessories for free. Not even sunflim.Dealer says the "bullbar" is not available for the new endeavour and istead a much sleeker one is available for the new one. Do you mean that you are going to wait until carryboy releases bullbar for the new endy? If yes, any idea when they will release?

For me cladding and rood rails are not coming as standard.
Old 7th February 2008, 19:00   #100
rippergeo

other than the cladding and the roof rails, everything else I put on for my bro is aftermarket. but the cladding and roof rails are standard.check with your dealer again. is there only 1 dealer in chennai?

the vehicle has been delivered and the bullbar is also aftermarket. there are'nt any in stock. i've placed an order for it. better to go after market for stuff. the dealer will just loot you.but try your best for the cladding, side steps and roof rails. wonder why they give it as standard in kerala and not in chennai.

Old 7th February 2008, 19:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
did not get 4WD
Doc - after 8 pages of heated debate you picked up a 2WD Endeavour????
Old 7th February 2008, 19:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

Phew! just finished reading. Was interesting.

I just have one q for Mr.ripper

You said Tucson faired well coz its GC is better than Safari's. Since you have been proven wrong there what will be your take now?

Or maybe coz you were at high speed and hence flew past the pothole?
Old 7th February 2008, 19:37   #103
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Doc - after 8 pages of heated debate you picked up a 2WD Endeavour????
car was'nt for me anyway. brother's choice. and we tried to get a 4wd
but delivery took too long and he settled for the 2WD. if it was me,I would have picked the tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Phew! just finished reading. Was interesting.

I just have one q for Mr.ripper

You said Tucson faired well coz its GC is better than Safari's. Since you have been proven wrong there what will be your take now?

Or maybe coz you were at high speed and hence flew past the pothole?
its possible i was faster in the safari when taking that rut. also the suspension was distinctly softer.maybe that made the chassis dive and take a hit? of course, the ride was by far the best in the safari.
thats probably why the handling suffered and thats probably why the body roll was the worst.

Old 7th February 2008, 21:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
car was'nt for me anyway. brother's choice. and we tried to get a 4wd
but delivery took too long and he settled for the 2WD. if it was me,I would have picked the tucson.

its possible i was faster in the safari when taking that rut. also the suspension was distinctly softer.maybe that made the chassis dive and take a hit? of course, the ride was by far the best in the safari.
thats probably why the handling suffered and thats probably why the body roll was the worst.
Ride and handling are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Old 7th February 2008, 23:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce-deuce View Post
Ride and handling are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Don't we usually talk about trade-off between ride and handling?

Most Viewed