Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 10:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post

The steering remote has arrived, saw it. It has two parts. The steering unit and a sensor with a cable which has to be attached to the back of the head unit. The sensor is then glued on to some point on the dashboard in direct line of vision of the remote unit on the steering wheel. Hope they will install it in a neat way. The steering unit is to be fixed on the right side of the steering wheel. Any body here has this same unit RC10 ? Would like to hear your opinion about it.

The unit that comes with the EX does not have pre-outs to fix an amplifier. I got hold of a Blau jack which fits at the back of the HU and has 2 sets of pre-outs through which you can fix two pairs of RC leads to power a 4-channel amplifier.

I tried adding a steering remote to this setup but once you fix the jack for the amplifier there aren't any pins to fix the sensor for the remote at the back.

You shouldn't have any problems if you don't plan to fix an amplifier. And a steering remote is a must need for the Safari.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:57   #17
BHPian

congratulations SUN! you will enjoy the ride!!!
Old 18th December 2007, 14:28   #18
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
The unit that comes with the EX does not have pre-outs to fix an amplifier. I got hold of a Blau jack which fits at the back of the HU and has 2 sets of pre-outs through which you can fix two pairs of RC leads to power a 4-channel amplifier.

I tried adding a steering remote to this setup but once you fix the jack for the amplifier there aren't any pins to fix the sensor for the remote at the back.

You shouldn't have any problems if you don't plan to fix an amplifier. And a steering remote is a must need for the Safari.
So you mean that once the steering remote is fixed, adding an amp will be difficult ? I havent seen the back of the Head unit yet, so dont know about the number of preouts. Isnt it the Bahamas / Monte Carlo MP34 that comes as standard in the EX ? It is mentioned as having 4-channel Preamp-Out (2 V) ?
Old 18th December 2007, 17:50   #19
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post

I remember using the Remote with an Amplifier, unfortunately now i have moved over to a PIO HU so cannot check on the connections.
Old 18th December 2007, 18:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
So you mean that once the steering remote is fixed, adding an amp will be difficult ? I havent seen the back of the Head unit yet, so dont know about the number of preouts. Isnt it the Bahamas / Monte Carlo MP34 that comes as standard in the EX ? It is mentioned as having 4-channel Preamp-Out (2 V) ?
It is the Monte Carlo - some old one that is supplied to Tata. Not the latest one that you see on the Blau site.

It has a lot of pins on the back no preamp. It does not come with any socket to attach the amp and you'll need to buy it separately if you want to add an amp. My car guy wasnt able to get both the amp and the steering remote to work together. Let me know how it goes with you.

My car accessory guy had atleast 6 of these Safari - Blaupunkt HU's and he buys them for 2.5-3K sells them for 5K each.
Old 18th December 2007, 23:48   #21
sun
BHPian

Another update

The machine went for PDI today evening, was there with her @ the kulathunkal service station till 10 PM ! Kudos for the guys at the service centre, were very courteous, and patiently answered all my stupid questions without any ill feelings. About 15 guys were doing overtime to clear the back log as the work load @ Tata is heavy.

Any ways, I had all the things checked according to the PDI check list elsewhere in the forum except the paper work.

Had seat covers fitted. Nice colour

About the steering remote, had it fitted. Saw the back of the head unit when it was pulled out. As djbobo suggested this does not have Pre amp outs, so it is different from the Bahamas MP 34 given in the website, even though the name matches. But the technician said that it is possible to connect the Steering remote and Amp simultaneously. One of the jacks of the steering remote sensor is a dummy, which can be removed and the jack of the Amp plugged in, as simple as that. So a relief for me, can add an amp and a sub later. Blau amps are a direct plug and play, other brand amps you will need a jack @ 210 Rs to connect. So that problem is sorted out. Steering remote is a must, I suggest all Safari owners to get one.

Now I need an Opinion about 'Teflon Coating' What is it and is it worth shelling out 5500 /- for it ? They give a 3 year warranty for it. Please give your opinion.
Old 19th December 2007, 09:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
the technician said that it is possible to connect the Steering remote and Amp simultaneously. One of the jacks of the steering remote sensor is a dummy, which can be removed and the jack of the Amp plugged in, as simple as that.

Good to hear that
Old 19th December 2007, 21:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Safari looks great in White.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:36   #24
BHPian

Now I need an Opinion about 'Teflon Coating' What is it and is it worth shelling out 5500 /- for it ? They give a 3 year warranty for it. Please give your opinion.
[/quote]

Teflon coat would keep the beast shining and would prevent from minor scratches. go for it....enjoy the ride
Old 20th December 2007, 11:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ Sun - congrats. nice buy. Honestly- i did not know the TATA folks worked that late!

So out of curiosity - What is the total count of 2.2 VTTs on the forum?

AFAIK there is 1 4x4, and the rest are 4x2.

someone willing to throw some light?
Old 20th December 2007, 12:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
So out of curiosity - What is the total count of 2.2 VTTs on the forum?
Growing too fast to keep count. At last count 22 +

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks