Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 19:25   #166
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I remember someone mentioning this last time too, as when you drive over 100Kmph, you will hear the sound of wind (i dunno where it gets in & out). I have been experiencing this pretty badly. Any of you have similar experiences please??

Here is a video [taken with Canon S3 IS digital camera in movie mode] that I had with driving speeds between 120-140 kph. The wind noise is a definite intrusion at such speeds.

The wind noise seems to come through the front doors at the curves [better front door rubber beads???], but again did not feel any wind flow as such. We have find a solution to this noise at 140 kph.

Last edited by adc : 5th May 2008 at 19:27.
Old 5th May 2008, 19:41   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Here is a video [taken with Canon S3 IS digital camera in movie mode] that I had with driving speeds between 120-140 kph. The wind noise is a definite intrusion at such speeds.
nice roads ADC,you are making most of the beast.

and in 1.5 yr+ of ownership i'm yet to cross 130

highways in my area suck
Old 5th May 2008, 20:09   #168
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
highways in my area suck
This is NH60 from Kharaghpur and is the road one takes for going towards bhubaneshwar and chennai and onwards. And about 150 km from my house.

But no doubt with have minimum traffic and the concrete surface with well engineered turns, easily 120-160 kph can be done for an extended period of time - a all time favourite highway road for me.

Last edited by adc : 5th May 2008 at 20:24.
Old 5th May 2008, 23:04   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

YouTube - Tata Safari VTT

The wind noise seems to come through the front doors at the curves [better front door rubber beads???], but again did not feel any wind flow as such. We have find a solution to this noise at 140 kph.
nice roads......yes the wind noise is bad and we really have to find a solution.

But the noise what,I addressed is different.Planning to check it out when i give my BULL for 15000km service.

Last edited by bglsrini : 5th May 2008 at 23:08.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:08   #170
BHPian

I am facing another problem....this time it is the aliens!!!

"Rats enter the cabin & spend their nights & GOD knows what else goes on??". TASS did not believe it at first. When they saw their "famous droppings", they did not have much choice though. I have sent the car to TASS to analyze the problem & have also told TM that this is just not acceptable. Let us see what they can do about it.

You are right on spot ADC!!

TASS guys mentioned that it happens in all "SUVs". Can someone confirm this please??? This could be minimized, if not rectified totally, by adjusting the gap in the front doors. The "gap" is intentionally maintained to reduce the rattling effect at higher speeds they claim!!

Last edited by Zappo : 6th May 2008 at 17:01. Reason: Continuous posts merged.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:19   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I am facing another problem....this time it is the aliens!!!

"Rats enter the cabin & spend their nights & GOD knows what else goes on??". TASS did not believe it at first. When they saw their "famous droppings", they did not have much choice though. I have sent the car to TASS to analyze the problem & have also told TM that this is just not acceptable. Let us see what they can do about it.
oops Rats in the cabin? I have to check it out too.....Please let us know what TM says about this.
Old 6th May 2008, 16:58   #172
BHPian

OMG...The last time I heard this happenning to a TATA was the case of an Indica. The rats made their way up into some part of the AC and then died there or something. Not really sure how this happened though!
Old 7th May 2008, 11:40   #173
BHPian

Hi,

I was very eager to check what noise is that.So,I was scanning my BUll when i was driving........ oooo I can see black smoke comming out of the exhaust from rear through the side mirror only when the noise is comming....... I dont know whats happening.

Need advise.
Old 7th May 2008, 11:52   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Hi,

I was very eager to check what noise is that.So,I was scanning my BUll when i was driving........ oooo I can see black smoke comming out of the exhaust from rear through the side mirror only when the noise is comming....... I dont know whats happening.

Need advise.
Thats under fast acceleration? The smoke due to the extra fuel ?

I tried to take a video but I could differentiate the sound when I played the video.
Old 7th May 2008, 11:52   #175
BHPian

enri srini???

I thought I scared guys around with noise/ rats...now you are scaring us with "black smoke"!!

I presume that it would be time for the exhaust clean up.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:06   #176
Senior - BHPian

Guys, do the 3.0L dicor and the 2.2 use the same oil filter?
Old 7th May 2008, 12:43   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats under fast acceleration? The smoke due to the extra fuel ?

I tried to take a video but I could differentiate the sound when I played the video.
Yes its under fast acceleration.I dont feel the noise and smoke in normal/steady acceleration

m3_07
May be its time for exhaust clean up tooo.....let me check it up in that angle also.
Old 7th May 2008, 12:51   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
Yes its under fast acceleration.I dont feel the noise and smoke in normal/steady acceleration

May be its time for exhaust clean up tooo.....let me check it up in that angle also.
Regarding Smoke

Which fuel you are using ?

Regarding Noise

Is this noise is kind of Engine Knocking ? Make sure you havnt filled adulterated fuel.

Usually for smoke problem,you can get your catcon cleaned and start using normal Diesel+System D if not already using.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:45   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Guys, do the 3.0L dicor and the 2.2 use the same oil filter?
Yes it is the same oil filter..by part number.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:55   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Regarding Smoke

Which fuel you are using ?

Regarding Noise

Is this noise is kind of Engine Knocking ? Make sure you havnt filled adulterated fuel.

Usually for smoke problem,you can get your catcon cleaned and start using normal Diesel+System D if not already using.
Hi,
Iam using HP Speed.
no,the noise is a hissing noise comming when the the acceleration is given.This noise comes when the rpm goes more than 1500 and till the speed is in increasing trend.When, the speed is constant,the noise is not there.Same way the smoke too.I can also feel the loss of power then.

can u please advise the ratio of normal diesel and system D to be used?

My vechile is also going to be due for 15k service.

Last edited by bglsrini : 7th May 2008 at 13:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks