Team-BHP - My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32640-my-bull-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-lx-booked-bought-now-reclaiming-my-life-16.html)

1400 for 7.5L sounds more reasonable than the Castrol CH-4 which costs 960 for 4 litres. Surprisingly, The GTX diesel which is CI-4 costs even lesser. Never understood why.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb2399
Yet to experiment with Delo 400 from Chevron.

I've heard guys rave about this. And Arka has directed me to a distributor where a 20L bucket costs Rs.2600.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 675024)
The bullguard's brand is HIGHLANDER,I paid Rs.8000/- for it.I got it at an auto accesories shop at koramangala,Bangalore.Yes, i realise now that its blocking the airflow.........

Any issue with airflow? Any technical issues? Can someone enlighten?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 675287)
the bullguard youve got seems to be made for a scorpio.

Any idea regarding CarryBoy's price ?

Not much unless its restricting the airflow completely (if you try to put the number plate ahead on it)

Carryboy costs apprx 12-14k, IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 855713)

Any idea regarding CarryBoy's price ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 673510)
Me and my brother were taking turns in hisDICOR.It was a great journey.But,at tamilnadu/kerala border it was a huge traffic jam near a small bridge.If we would have caught in the jam it will minimum take 3 to 5 hours to clear.We suddenly got an idea and saw the roadside on the right full off stones and potholes.I started driving our DICOR on that.It was gr8,we did not have any impact and The DICOR took as straight at the front crossing 80 to 130 cars/buses/lorries....etc.Even lot of scorpios were standing.We skiped inbetween and were out of the jam.Same way allthrough the journey we escaped at 3 places.The road in Kerala was Bad.But we did not feel it.Our DICOR took us gracefully.This is when I realised that I have taken the right decision of going in for the SAFARIcheers: .

why do i see that all safari owners on this forum are after the slightest chance or oppurtunity to bash the scorpio? even when there is no need, i mean, this is no scorpio v/s safari comparo. lets have the fight there!
c'mon guys, we are no enemies...

neways, congrats on your purchase buddy. hope you enjoy your ride.

In this context, I don't thing there was any bashing. It was only intended to let readers know that when you own a Safari, you don't bother about small obstacles like potholes and stones. The Safari will tame any kind of terrain, even if you don't have a 4x4 Safari. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 855739)
why do i see that all safari owners on this forum are after the slightest chance or oppurtunity to bash the scorpio? even when there is no need, i mean, this is no scorpio v/s safari comparo. lets have the fight there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 855756)
In this context, I don't thing there was any bashing. It was only intended to let readers know that when you own a Safari, you don't bother about small obstacles like potholes and stones. The Safari will tame any kind of terrain, even if you don't have a 4x4 Safari. clap:

yes true, but you could have written it in the same manner as written now. how will you feel if a scorpio owner writes a review as follows:
* the scorpio has amazing acceleration, can kick dirt at safari
* scorpio has good maneouverability, safari is a elephant
* scorpio's engine is very refined, safari's feels like, well, a tata
you are bound to react as a safari fan/owner, isnt it?

also, when i said about this thing, it was not in reference to solely your post. this kind of attitude has been seen in many threads, especially when it comes to safari and scorpio, god know why! its different if you are doing this in a scorpio v/s safari thread. that thread is meant for that.

anyways, chuck it! not an issue.
what is the average you are getting from your bull?

Quote:

SumitB, by far that is the worst interpretation you can give. If it was not bashing why was the Scorpio mentioned in the first place, and why not a Qualis, Sumo, M&M Jeep or any other vehicle mentioned? Of the 130 vehicles crossed, wasn’t there even a single safari? Just by driving on a dirt track doesn’t mean that other vehicles can’t do that, what is the need for dragging in the Scorpio?

The Safari will tame any kind of terrain, even if you don't have a 4x4 Safari - Are you sure it can tame ANY terrain without 4x4??

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 855764)
yes true, but you could have written it in the same manner as written now. how will you feel if a scorpio owner writes a review as follows:
* the scorpio has amazing acceleration, can kick dirt at safari
* scorpio has good maneouverability, safari is a elephant
* scorpio's engine is very refined, safari's feels like, well, a tata
you are bound to react as a safari fan/owner, isnt it?

also, when i said about this thing, it was not in reference to solely your post. this kind of attitude has been seen in many threads, especially when it comes to safari and scorpio, god know why! its different if you are doing this in a scorpio v/s safari thread. that thread is meant for that.

anyways, chuck it! not an issue.
what is the average you are getting from your bull?

I think you are getting confused here. I am not the owner of the truck in question here!! I don't have a cycle also, leave alone a Safari! :Frustrati

Why is everyone bashing me now! I just commented on the post by bglsrini, the truck is his. Please direct your queries to him! I am out of here. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajibba (Post 855807)
SumitB, by far that is the worst interpretation you can give. If it was not bashing why was the Scorpio mentioned in the first place, and why not a Qualis, Sumo, M&M Jeep or any other vehicle mentioned? Of the 130 vehicles crossed, wasn’t there even a single safari? Just by driving on a dirt track doesn’t mean that other vehicles can’t do that, what is the need for dragging in the Scorpio?

The Safari will tame any kind of terrain, even if you don't have a 4x4 Safari - Are you sure it can tame ANY terrain without 4x4??

well said! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 855830)
I think you are getting confused here. I am not the owner of the truck in question here!! I don't have a cycle also, leave alone a Safari! :Frustrati

Why is everyone bashing me now! I just commented on the post by bglsrini, the truck is his. Please direct your queries to him! I am out of here. :D

that was a real hillarious post !lol:
sorry buddy...

Quote:

Buddy, the safari sure rides well over potholes & stones but, BUT, BUT, your second statement it a total bunch of C**P..!
I own a safari 2.2 4x4 and i can clearly vouch that it cannot tame every kind of terrain. And you are highly mistaken to think that a safari can do the same in 2wd. And if you say the safari can do it in 2wd then even the scorpio can do the same in 2wd. Why should it not be able to.
But TAMING is a big word to use for a safari and the scorpio. True offroading is a different ballgame and the variables are different. In your sense of offroading ive done it in a 25yr old amby... even overtaking a traffic jam of 130+ vehicles thru rocks stone gravel slush etc..
Ive noticed that few safari owners/fans on this forum display an air of owning an invincible vehicle. Rest assured its not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 855890)
Buddy, the safari sure rides well over potholes & stones but, BUT, BUT, your second statement it a total bunch of C**P..!
I own a safari 2.2 4x4 and i can clearly vouch that it cannot tame every kind of terrain. And you are highly mistaken to think that a safari can do the same in 2wd. And if you say the safari can do it in 2wd then even the scorpio can do the same in 2wd. Why should it not be able to.
But TAMING is a big word to use for a safari and the scorpio. True offroading is a different ballgame and the variables are different. In your sense of offroading ive done it in a 25yr old amby... even overtaking a traffic jam of 130+ vehicles thru rocks stone gravel slush etc..
Ive noticed that few safari owners/fans on this forum display an air of owning an invincible vehicle. Rest assured its not.

agree:
safari is quite a good SUV, but hardcore offroading is not its forte. not even the scorpio!

[quote=jkdas;855713]Any issue with airflow? Any technical issues? Can someone enlighten?

As of now,I did not face any airflow issue.

Quote:

Hi Raj,
Sorry if my statement hurts u.But, I was a first generation scorpio owner once.:) But,sold it.

Iam getting an average of 11kmpl and thats mostly because of my driving style i suppose.

Iam travelling for a week and will try to log in if time permits.:)

[quote=bglsrini;857095]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 855713)

As of now,I did not face any airflow issue.

Hi Raj,
Sorry if my statement hurts u.But, I was a first generation scorpio owner once.:) But,sold it.

Iam getting an average of 11kmpl and thats mostly because of my driving style i suppose.

Iam travelling for a week and will try to log in if time permits.:)

no buddy, as i said, no issues on this regard... :thumbs up

and if you are getting an average of 11 kmpl, then your driving is pretty good ha! my cousin gets 9 kmpl in his 2.2 safari.

I got a call from PRERANA Motors today.They said the dampning pully was to be replaced in my BULL as it has be informed by TATA motors to do so and they have got the same from TATA Motors.

I Have got a appointment on 12th june.

Has anyone else got a call??????

What all has to be looked at while they change the same???

Quote:

Not trying to bash Scorpio here, the scorpio is one car which made Tata have an inferiority complex till the Dicors came. The quality of scorpio was better than the TCIC any day. But Dicor changed the scene altogether. I still love the scorpio and comparing the Safari and the Scorpio makes sense since they are in the same league. Both have their positives and negatives and has same off road capability. But i think all are possessive about their cars and that results in claiming my car is better:)