Team-BHP - My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32640-my-bull-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-lx-booked-bought-now-reclaiming-my-life-20.html)

Thats a lot of pix. Loved the one with lights on.

The 3L has no number plates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 903633)
Nice pics Srini, good to see another 3.0 litre VX on the forum! Whose is that one?

By the way, I must say I'm very disappointed to see that you have not buckled up while driving - the speedo shows 130 kmph & the seat belt warning is on, what's up mate:Shockked:? A potential recipe for disaster wouldn't you think?

Thats my brother's one.....
yes,i have not buckled up..........thank you for your advise and care.Shall do that in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 903642)
Thats a lot of pix. Loved the one with lights on.

The 3L has no number plates?

yes,the number plate broke on their way to kodaikanal,It has been fixed today at our hometown.

How is it driving at night with those lights on? Does it make a huge difference (meaning do you get the meanies to DIP ?? :D)

Hi bglsrini:

Nice trip and write up. Your Safari looks cool. Enjoy.

Regards
Mahesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100 (Post 904313)
How is it driving at night with those lights on? Does it make a huge difference (meaning do you get the meanies to DIP ?? :D)

driving with those lights on is great......I love driving that way.One late night near chennai the police caught me for those lights and when i spoke in tamil,They advised me and let me go:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadRash (Post 904405)
Hi bglsrini:

Nice trip and write up. Your Safari looks cool. Enjoy.

Regards
Mahesh

thankyou mahesh

hey srini, you are a cool photographer. the pics are cool and the 2 identical safaris look very good. btw, now i know the reg. number of your safari! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 904524)
hey srini, you are a cool photographer. the pics are cool and the 2 identical safaris look very good. btw, now i know the reg. number of your safari! :)

thanx......
I forgot to close my numbers.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 904526)
thanx......
I forgot to close my numbers.........

just in 1 pic though! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 904517)
driving with those lights on is great......I love driving that way.One late night near chennai the police caught me for those lights and when i spoke in tamil,They advised me and let me go:)

And what exactly was their advice?

lovely pics Srini, Its like a photo essay. TATA can infact use them for their ADs,

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100 (Post 904571)
And what exactly was their advice?

not to use them because it was so powerful and attract the opposite vechile to run over me and so on.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 904632)
lovely pics Srini, Its like a photo essay. TATA can infact use them for their ADs,

thanx chaxy

Hello Srini...the seats in the rear, did you get them modified OR was it only upholstry??? On the face of it, it looked bigger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 905054)
Hello Srini...the seats in the rear, did you get them modified OR was it only upholstry??? On the face of it, it looked bigger.

Hi,
Its the same original seats with the upholstry....thats it.

Hi Safari Club,
I am a new Team-BHP member. I own an Alto now but wanted to own a Safari since i saw it first time. Decided to book now. getting 1.65L for my 3 years old Alto.. I have a question and I think this is the best thread to post it because of two reasons: 1- Srini thread (Safari) is most active one. 2- All Safari owners visit this on a daily basis. My Question is - A LX or EX-4WD? I went trough and agree completly to a similar thread where we concluded that " If an EX - then go for 4WD". Price diff is around 2.25L (On road) between LX and EX 4WD. All goodies what you get with a EX came upto 75K ( I am not interested in any one infact because I love the driving seat and performance only)- Then also one needs to pay 1.25L extra for 4WD.
Please help me with following:
1- CITY RIDE - How different is a 4WD ride is from a LX in city driving - Bangalore? Do you need it ever?
2- OFF ROADING (May be once in 6 months i would plan to go)- Anything specific what a 4WD can do and a 2WD cant do in extreame conditions like driving down from ooty (39 hair pin bends riad) in a full rainy conditions..? Does 2WD lacks off roading completely? Since i have waited for years to own a safari i dont want to sit in my LX and feel like - had i invested something more....i would have also have done this.. Please note when i say off roading - i dont intend to participate in Mud/Rock/Vally rally.etc. For me It would just be needed to take a muddy shortcut/diversion on highways(what my Alto cant dream of also) or as i said little fun with family in places like Ooty, Kerela, Kodai etc.. where i take my safari to a uphill a little or very close to lake waters etc (Make my own road). No Risky things at all with family on board.
3- Re Sale - I know its not great all Safari models but Is it same for all models or I will lose more if i go for a EX-4WD? I will keep it for minimum 5 Years.

Have any one of you ever regretted after owning a 2WD.and not a 4WD...(Only due to limited performance on certain terrians.. Not the interiors)?

Looking forward to hearing from you all..

Regards,

Karim Bhai (Very soon I will start Re-Claiming it)

You don't need a 4WD for normal muddy tracks. Go for EX-4x2 if you want the extra features. You will lose less money in resale of the EX4x2. But with 5 years ownership resale is not really a big killer.
So for ooty hairpin bends a 2WD will do fine. I have done the same in Indica
Anyways on tarmac 4WD mode is not recommended.