Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:07   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
No such Luck.

I also tried to register on their Web-site. However did not get the email confirmatory from them.

P.S: I am also not able to log-in using the user-name / ID supplied by me during registration.

I also registered on the website sometime back and faced the same problem as you did. probably they should upgrade this registration process to real time. May be they didn't paid the software developer to develop this part ...LOL

i got the call from 020-64011259. Hope this helps for people wanting to join
Old 27th March 2008, 21:29   #62
BHPian

alloy wheels

Hi,
I am enjoying my bull and i have crossed 10000km successfully.He is giving 10.5 kmpl.I like to change the seat covers and the wheel to alloy.i checked with few places and the final price they are offering is Rs.23000/-I am attaching some pictures need advise.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-sproketsm23000.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-image004.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-image008.jpg  

Old 27th March 2008, 22:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

bgl; can we have more choice? The seconf one is good but have seen on many and think even Bite has it.
Old 28th March 2008, 09:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

i saw the 3rd one on a Pearl while Safari with nice fat rubber and it looked cool.

Why dont you try photoshop with all the alloy choices you make and putting them on a black safari.

my 2 cents
Old 28th March 2008, 16:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Friendly advice to all of YOU!!

"do not ever try to install alloys other than AURA" on your safari. I burnt my fingers doing so. I had to trim the metal chassis a bit & CUT a bit of bumper too.

Now the car does look OK with this...but deep in the heart, my blood boils.

Went to TASS, the next day & they too confirmed that this indeed is a problem.

So ladies.....Aura is IN & rest is OUT!!

Is this true?? How is that there are so many safaris with all kinds of alloys wheels and wider tyres? you mean all of them had to cut the body/bumper?
I am planning on a new Saf2.2 and will definitely go for alloys. need some advice pls.
Old 28th March 2008, 16:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post

Is this true?? How is that there are so many safaris with all kinds of alloys wheels and wider tyres? you mean all of them had to cut the body/bumper?
I am planning on a new Saf2.2 and will definitely go for alloys. need some advice pls.
Yes and no. Depends on how much you browser TBHP and how knowledgeable your tyre wala is
Old 28th March 2008, 20:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Yes and no. Depends on how much you browser TBHP and how knowledgeable your tyre wala is
I have browed T-BHP a lot and even asked a question about this in the thread which is about Safari tyres. I am still not clear about this. May be its time someone has a definitive answer on this issue.

From what I gather, if people go for 6.5 alloys (same as stock) then cutting isn't required however if people go for 7" then cutting is needed. One of the rationale to go to 7" is the desire to upgrade to 255 tyres. However there are people who have fit 255 on 6.5 alloys as well and probably not have to cut. See, this is all so confusing
Old 28th March 2008, 22:58   #68
BHPian

hi,
I need advise, Its bit confusing on what to do about the alloys.But,i want to fix it
Old 28th March 2008, 23:04   #69
BHPian

Quote:
bgl; can we have more choice? The seconf one is good but have seen on many and think even Bite has it.

thanx jk,i like the first one and it looked awesome when i kept it near my black safari and saw.But,havnt yet decided.May be I shall look for other options this weekend and finalize it
Old 28th March 2008, 23:38   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
...i like the first one and it looked awesome when i kept it near my black safari and saw...
I think your judgement is correct. The first one goes with the color of your Bull/Beast/Bear/Beauty/Safari 2.2. VTT .
Old 29th March 2008, 07:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I have browed T-BHP a lot and even asked a question about this in the thread which is about Safari tyres. I am still not clear about this. May be its time someone has a definitive answer on this issue.

From what I gather, if people go for 6.5 alloys (same as stock) then cutting isn't required however if people go for 7" then cutting is needed. One of the rationale to go to 7" is the desire to upgrade to 255 tyres. However there are people who have fit 255 on 6.5 alloys as well and probably not have to cut. See, this is all so confusing
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-tyres-2.html

"Ideal width for 255 section is 7J" and so stay with 7J's . Someone did have to cut as you said but I dont remember in which thread.
Old 29th March 2008, 08:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...i-tyres-2.html

"Ideal width for 255 section is 7J" and so stay with 7J's . Someone did have to cut as you said but I dont remember in which thread.

yeah - as i mentioned in my thread as well - there is a little bit of cutting involved, but only about 1.5 inches on either side.

if the wheel outfitter is good at his job, and the cutting is done neatly, you can't make out that anything is different at all. it doesn't affect the aesthetics of the big bad boy!

and yeah - my beaut has the 2nd HR alloys in the pic. she does look good - while moving as well as at standstill!!! PLATI also has an identical wheel, but i felt the finish on those was poorer than the HR's.

23k is a good price - i got 'em for 24.5! just be aware that the wheels are genuine HR's as the fake ones have HR written in white (the genuine stuff is blue) have a look at my pics in, "the black beauty cometh" to see what i mean.

cheers guys.
Old 30th March 2008, 18:30   #73
BHPian

My Bull Upgraded

Hi,
Thanx for all your suggesition,It was a tough day for me yesterday and memorable too.I have ordered the art leather seat cover on thursday for Rs.6500/- and it was ready on friday,But,I did not find time. So,I planned fixing it on saturday.So,I went to the auto shop at koramangala to fix it.The person did the job in 3 hours.Wow, my bull looked georgeous with the Red and Black seat now.It has got a Sporty look now.

Then I went to other dealer whom I have seen the alloy weels,the brand I selected was S&M and the weel looked really great.I discussed with the person and finally ended up with the price of Rs.22000/-so,we went to the near by tyreshop to change the weels,he did the job for Rs.1500/-.Ohhhhhh......My tyre is tubeless cheers:. (When I was discussing with the dealer while buying the car,he said that LX version will come only with tube tyres) I was really enjoying it. Then after fixing the tyres to the alloy and weel balancing,The tyre was fixed to my Bull.Then we went to a tinkering shop near by and we have to cut the bumper a little and it turned out well for Rs.850/-.

Today I started by 10:30am in the morning and went to the koramangala shop again to fix the visor on the door.I paid Rs.1800/- for it and got it fixed.My Bull is Full now.Hope,i have spent the money correctly.It looked great for me.I am enjoying it bit by bit.I have planned to drive down to OOTY this weekend through Mysore-Bandhipur-Ooty to see my friend there and will be back on monday.My wife with daughter is going to her dads place.

I am going to enjoy my Bull all to myself this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull-seat.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull-seat1back.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull2sm-alloy.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull1bullguardalloy.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull3backview.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull-alloy-windowvisor.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull-doorvisor.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-bull5with-visor.jpg  

Old 30th March 2008, 19:30   #74
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice pal.

The art leather work looks neat.

The alloys were HR and the tyres OE?
Old 30th March 2008, 19:33   #75
BHPian

Congrats on your final work! The wheels look awesome!

Most Viewed