Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 08:57   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
I got a call from PRERANA Motors today.They said the dampning pully was to be replaced in my BULL as it has be informed by TATA motors to do so and they have got the same from TATA Motors.

I Have got a appointment on 12th june.

Has anyone else got a call??????

What all has to be looked at while they change the same???
Is this the 1st time that they are replacing the damper pulley on yr vehicle or have you already changed it once ?

I have got mine replaced in March. From what I remember the original pulley was colour coded with a red / orange dot. The replacement pulley was colour-coded with a black dot.

DADU has in his thread, given extensive details including photos.
Old 10th June 2008, 09:41   #242
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this page and a page before it for details.

The things to look out are the bolts. Check that they affix all bolts back on the stone guard below (see in line of the radiator, if you see empty holes, bolts are missing.). Also check by looking through the front grill, there are two arms holding the stone guard both should have bolts and tightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Is this the 1st time that they are replacing the damper pulley on yr vehicle or have you already changed it once ?

I have got mine replaced in March. From what I remember the original pulley was colour coded with a red / orange dot. The replacement pulley was colour-coded with a black dot.

Old 10th June 2008, 11:35   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post

..... Its the first time king.

Thank you for your suggetion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Have a look at this page and a page before it for details.

The things to look out are the bolts. Check that they affix all bolts back on the stone guard below (see in line of the radiator, if you see empty holes, bolts are missing.). Also check by looking through the front grill, there are two arms holding the stone guard both should have bolts and tightened.
Thank you very much DADU.And your thread helped me in understanding it.Shall go to TASS dayafter and check it out personally too.
Old 10th June 2008, 14:28   #244
BHPian

Quote:
..... Its the first time king.

Thank you for your suggetion.

Thank you very much DADU.And your thread helped me in understanding it.Shall go to TASS dayafter and check it out personally too.
got the pulley changed on my truck last week. there is a squeaking noise on cold start. goes away after a min but its pretty loud for the first min or so. i think they left some belt loose, need to go back to the service station.
Old 10th June 2008, 15:08   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
got the pulley changed on my truck last week. there is a squeaking noise on cold start. goes away after a min but its pretty loud for the first min or so. i think they left some belt loose, need to go back to the service station.
Hi DJ

what is the odo reading when you got your damper pully changed.
I am a little worried, as the reading on my BEAR is 10K+ now, but I dint go to the service station to get it changed. I thought that I would get it done at the time of normal service. considering my driving habits, that (the 14-15K on the odo) is still about 2-3 months away.

Please advise
Old 10th June 2008, 15:38   #246
Senior - BHPian

This is the narration from the person in mumbai which made TATA go for this recall.

Quote:
finally they realized the mistake with this part!!!

I have currently clocked 10,000 Kms with the beast, took delivery on 13th Nov 07.

Whilst on 5,500Kms one day, suddenly the power steering stopped working and the battery light on the dash came on, i opened the bonnet to find the crank shaft pulley had slipped and all belts had come undone, had the vehicle towed to the nearest service centre, they kept the vehicle for a period of 5 days "waiting for the part to come" finally fixed it. now working perfectly.
I would suggest not to wait for the LIVE experience and get it done voluntarily, even if your A.S.S doesnt call for you.
Old 10th June 2008, 15:57   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi DJ

what is the odo reading when you got your damper pully changed.
I am a little worried, as the reading on my BEAR is 10K+ now, but I dint go to the service station to get it changed. I thought that I would get it done at the time of normal service. considering my driving habits, that (the 14-15K on the odo) is still about 2-3 months away.

Please advise
I got it changed at 9700 kms. Odo now is nearly at 10K. Sanya Motors gave me a call to get it changed. They are doing so in a phased manner and still continuing with it. I think it should not matter, you can wait for it. The dealer wasnt in a hurry or anything. I needed to get the engine oil changed + some other things checked so decided to go.

Got to know something that really shocked me. I had paid for my extended warranty when I bought my truck. However had not recv any document for it. The dealer always maintained that TATA sends it, if not then the dealer will issue me one. I made my service advisor check in the system for it and got to know that my chasis number is not registered for the extended warranty.

Am going to get in touch with TATA for this. What crap !!!
Old 11th June 2008, 10:32   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had paid for my extended warranty when I bought my truck. However had not recv any document for it. The dealer always maintained that TATA sends it, if not then the dealer will issue me one. I made my service advisor check in the system for it and got to know that my chasis number is not registered for the extended warranty.

Am going to get in touch with TATA for this. What crap !!!
Looks like your dealer is trying to take you for a ride. I got my extended warranty booklet the day I took delivery of my truck, issued by the dealer
Old 11th June 2008, 11:45   #249
Senior - BHPian

Djbobo,

The dealer is taking you for a ride. I had the same issue with Sagar Motors, here in Bangalore, when I took my Alto. Even though I went for an extended warranty, I did not get the booklet (was infact told that the second year was the extended cover!!!). Had to go and do a bit of shouting at the very dishonest sales person, I dealt with over there, to get my book.
Old 11th June 2008, 13:09   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Looks like your dealer is trying to take you for a ride. I got my extended warranty booklet the day I took delivery of my truck, issued by the dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Djbobo,
The dealer is taking you for a ride. I had the same issue with Sagar Motors, here in Bangalore, when I took my Alto. Even though I went for an extended warranty, I did not get the booklet (was infact told that the second year was the extended cover!!!). Had to go and do a bit of shouting at the very dishonest sales person, I dealt with over there, to get my book.
Looks like it. Am going to go over and also send a mail to TML. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 11th June 2008, 21:14   #251
BHPian

extended warranty booklet in normally given at time of delivery only.I got it on the day when i took the delivery of my bull.
Old 11th June 2008, 22:35   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
extended warranty booklet in normally given at time of delivery only.I got it on the day when i took the delivery of my bull.
:( cant I get one now?
Old 12th June 2008, 10:00   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I think you have the option till your existing warranty expires, to pay extra and get it.
Old 12th June 2008, 18:56   #254
BHPian

Quote:
I think you have the option till your existing warranty expires, to pay extra and get it.
Why do you wish to shell out more money buddy!! it is better that you take the extended warranty when your car is new or else as the time passes by they will charge you an exhorbitant amount and since you have already paid for your extended warranty i would suggest go and bust the dealer.
Old 12th June 2008, 20:39   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

yes,I think you can get it now too if you have existing warranty and you have to pay the extra amount.You can check it with your dealer.

I went to TASS by 9:00 in the morning and left my Bull for changing the pulley.I spoke to the advisor,saw the pully and came back since there was an urgent call from my client. It got completely delayed so my driver has to pick my BULL from TASS after the pulley was changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks