Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2008, 12:35   #271
BHPian

moving as planned....to ..KODAI

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...al-munnar.html

Originally Posted by hvkumar
Bangalore-Dharmapuri 150 kms-Toppur 26 (turn off NH7, right)-Mettur 35-Bhavani 47 (Join NH47, turn right towards Coimbatore)-Perunthurai 25 (turn off NH47, straight, right goes to Coimbatore, left to Erode)-Chennimalai 12-Gangeyam 21 (join Coimbatore-Trichy road, bisect and take Dharapuram road)-Dharapuram 36 (bypass town,go straight, left goes to Udumalaipet)-Palani 38-Kodai 65,
totalling to 455 kms

so says "unGreat one"!!!

My plan is all set,We are starting in this route tomorrow at 4:00 p.m

It will be great to see my brother's 3L dicor too there....waiting to click pictures of both the bulls togethercheers:

Last edited by bglsrini : 10th July 2008 at 12:38.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:17   #272
Senior - BHPian

Have a great trip, Srini!

Buckle up and drive safe.

Am sure HVK's route suggestion is the best to take, as always! :-)
Old 14th July 2008, 22:06   #273
BHPian

Reclaiming life - Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Bangalore.

Hi,
I did my most awaited trip.

Bangalore - Kodaikanal - Bangalore.

Vechile : My Bull - Tata Safari 2.2VTT Lx.
Kms : 969 km
FE : 11.5 km
Fuel : HP - TURBO JET.

We started at 4:30p.m from HSR Layout on 11th july friday and went to the Hanuman temple at Agara and started our journey.I took the HSR layout - Sarjapura road - attibele - Hosur and Tanked up at Five star agency(HP - Turbo jet) and started towards Dharmapuri.On the way took a small break and proceeded.The road after Krishnagiri is pretty bad due to the road widening work.Reached Dharmapuri - Toppur and then turned towards Mettur.The roads were pretty good and fortunately the traffic was less.Then we went to Bhavani.There we had a break for dinner.we went to a park,gardhotel - paviesh en restaurant.It was pretty decent and good.Then we started after an hour and took perunthurai - chennimalai - gangeyam - dharapuram - palani (dharapuram - palani was excelant and i did 150kmph) and finally reached kodai at 1:30 a.m.(9 hours journey with break)

We stayed at a resort in lake front - Green Acers & resorts.By then my family was there from our native in My brother's 3L Dicor.We went to sleep after a chatt with the family at 2:30a.m.The resort was spacious and good.But,food was not so great.Its good that they have a childrens play area.They charged RS.2000/- nett for super delux room.Its a decent place.

Got up in the morning at 7:00 a.m and got ready at 8:00am. We went to Hill top restaurant for breakfast.Finished break fast and went to lake there my daughter and my sis's son went for horse riding,then we went for boating.My wify and sisy did some great shopping in the laks side and finally time for lunch at Punjabi Dhaba.

Then we took the pillar rock route and did a small drive and it was rainning.We drove through pillar rock's - pine forest - moier point - upper lake view.We had good tea at upper lake view and then we drove to shenbaganur - JJR estates(pears farm).On top of a hill we can see one side breath taking view of the valley and on the other side kodaikanal.It was a great feeling standing there.

Then we drove back in the evening went for some shopping and had dinner at astoria.The finally we were back to resort and hit the bed at 11:30p.m

12th july,saturday.
I got up at 6:15a.m......... wify missing.

Then was thinking and found that my wify ran awayyyyy.............
Nope,she went for jogging all alone.She called me for a drive then.So,I refreshed and took MY BULL and drove around the lake.She was joggin half way through and then we took a slow drive around the lake.It was a great feeling in the morning.So,fresh and cool. We had some tea on a roadside shop and drove back to the resort.My sisy was ready and both my wify and sisy went for an girls's drive.They drove around the lake and went for a walk in Coaker's walk and went for breakfast and got us some take away food.

All got ready By 9:00 a.m and my daughter wanted to go for horse ride again.so she did a full round of the lake.We then went to kurinji andavar temple and came back.Then, we went to one of our relation's house for lunch spent some time there with their family and started back to the resort.Then my daughter with my dad went for boating again and we started at 4:30p.m. It was raining mad........we drove slowly and the road's were full of water and the silver cascase falls was dark brown in colour.We drove through the same route back tanked up at Gangeyam and had dinner at Bhavani and reached bangalore at 2:30a.m.(10hours journey with break)Delay by an hour due to heavy traffic.

But,the trip was a great one and we enjoyed it a lot.The pictures are attached below.............

Last edited by bglsrini : 14th July 2008 at 22:12.
Old 14th July 2008, 22:23   #274
BHPian

tank up - a small break

The trip - tank up at hosur and a small break on way to dharmapuri.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0168.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0169.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0170.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0171.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0172.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 22:40   #275
BHPian

the resort

some pictures at the resort............
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0173.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0176.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0275.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0276.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0178.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0179.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 22:52   #276
BHPian

spencer & company - shopping

lake........

boatclub/boating.........
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0182.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0183.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0184.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0186.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0188.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0202.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0201.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0203.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0204.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:01   #277
BHPian

way to pillar rocks- moier view point- upperlake view.........
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0209.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0212.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0213.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0215.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0216.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0230.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0224.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0225.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0226.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0231.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:22   #278
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back, Srini after the much awaited trip.

Great photos, especially the two 'almost' identical Safari's! I am sure you would have had a lot of attention wherever you went!

How was the drive? Did you face any surprises from the Bull?
Old 14th July 2008, 23:26   #279
BHPian

shenbaganur - JJR estates(pears farm)

Its a great place..................

meet of Dicor2.2 VTT & Dicor 3Lcheers:
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0233.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0234.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0235.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0236.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0238.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0239.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0242.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0247.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0253.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0254.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0255.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0258.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0259.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0260.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0261.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0262.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0263.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:40   #280
BHPian

early morning drive around the lake...........
fishermen......................................... ....
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0277.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0278.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0280.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0283.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0284.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0286.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0287.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0289.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0290.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0291.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0294.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0295.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0299.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0300.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0301.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:45   #281
BHPian

horse riding,my daughter...................
kurinji andavar temple...............
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0305.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0307.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0309.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:50   #282
BHPian

way back....heavy rain.......roads full of flood water.............silver cascade brown water........
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0311.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0312.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0314.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0315.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 23:58   #283
BHPian

way back home............Palani......MY BULL..........touching 130kmph.....tank up.
Attached Thumbnails
My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0316.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0318.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0319.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0320.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0321.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0322.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0323.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0324.jpg  

My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!-img_0325.jpg  

Old 15th July 2008, 00:02   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Welcome back, Srini after the much awaited trip.

Great photos, especially the two 'almost' identical Safari's! I am sure you would have had a lot of attention wherever you went!

How was the drive? Did you face any surprises from the Bull?
Thanx HappyWheels,
We enjoyed the trip with the 2 safaries...........cheers:

The Bull was really doing great.
Old 15th July 2008, 08:34   #285
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Srini, good to see another 3.0 litre VX on the forum! Whose is that one?

By the way, I must say I'm very disappointed to see that you have not buckled up while driving - the speedo shows 130 kmph & the seat belt warning is on, what's up mate? A potential recipe for disaster wouldn't you think?

Most Viewed