Team-BHP - 1995 Maruti Gypsy MG410W
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   1995 Maruti Gypsy MG410W (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32650-1995-maruti-gypsy-mg410w.html)

Hi,

As a follow-up to the thread " http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-market/28388-wanted-4x4-gypsy-safari.html", I finally ended up buying a 1995 Maruti Gypsy MG410W. It had 64K on the odo, is green colour and I got it for Rs.1.3L. It is in good running condition, though I will be spending some money on improving it a bit (steering play to be corrected, steering wheel replaced with that of an Omni, new dashboard etc ). I am enjoying driving it, and will post more info/pics later.

BT...you paid 1.3L for a 95 Gypsy that too a MG410W..ok..where did you pick it from?

BTW..Pls contact me incase you need to convert to LPG!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 682625)
BT...you paid 1.3L for a 95 Gypsy that too a MG410W..ok..where did you pick it from?

yup, intial quote was 1.5L, finalised at 1.3L. I would have liked to get it at 0.9L, but there is not much choice when trying to buy a Gypsy (and I badly wanted to buy one now :-)). I had seen around 3-4 vehicles, was not liking any of them. Also there are 2 Gypsies (92/93 model) availabe in Thirumuzhavazal, but could not find the time to go there. Anyway, I am happy with the condition of the vehicle.
I got it from a usedcar dealer in TNagar (New Balaji Cars).

Yes, sure will get in touch with for the gas conversion....I am planning to do that soon............how much would it cost?

i think you paid a lil too much, especially for a MG410W. somewhere around 90-1L seemed fair. anyways, its a beautiful vehicle. enjoy !! and please post pictures !!

Well, Gypsies aren't easy to find. As long as he is happy with the deal, thats what counts.

Congrats Blue Thunder. Now get going off the road!

@ NIP --> I know I paid more than what I would have liked to , but I am happy with the condition of the vehicle. What was important was that the 4WD was in good condition. When scouting around for the Gypsy, I was amazed when I came across some of them with the 4WD system not present (either the front propeller shaft has been removed or worse the transfer case is not there), and the dealers were trying to convince me that 2WD would suffice("How often are u going to go offroad? " was their question). I did not waste time trying to explain to them why I wanted a Gypsy. In my opinion, Gypsy without 4WD == "bovine excreta" !!!

@ GTO --> Thanks ! I have already taken it offroad (beach sand) a couple of times. The first thing I did was to test it in the beach sands. For the New Year also , I was at the beach with cousins : and what a kick I got from driving right up to the waves :) . In 4WL it is almost unstoppable :thumbs up . I did not take much pics, will post whatever I have soon. I will be taking it to the beach quite often, so lot of pics will follow.

Congarts and very happy for you.
:)

i know how it is to try and find a good gypsy and if you are hooked to it then i am sure you would end up paying a little too much for the same.anyway its our happiness thats the most and if you are happy go ahead .post some pics of the beauty too.

ram

Congrats, where did you pick it up from ? Try to make it for one of our meets.
cheers

clap: Now thats one vehicle i adore.. i too am planning to get one.. saving up for it, couple of months and i'll have my own baby. Yeah its very difficult to get a decent condition piece for a low price, but still worth it IMO

Congrats on your new buy, hope you have lots of fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 682627)
BTW..Pls contact me incase you need to convert to LPG!!

Lol, why spoil the experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 685147)
In my opinion, Gypsy without 4WD == "bovine excreta" !!!

Agree with you completely - but then, why this, wouldn't it be the same category of excreta as well -
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 684732)
Yes, sure will get in touch with for the gas conversion....I am planning to do that soon............how much would it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 685370)
Congrats on your new buy, hope you have lots of fun!

Lol, why spoil the experience?

Agree with you completely - but then, why this, wouldn't it be the same category of excreta as well -

suman, would converting to LPG be that bad :eek: ? Let me know if it is something I need to keep clear of (with reasons , of course). I know there will be some drop of power, which is Ok. Thanx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 685294)
Congrats, where did you pick it up from ? Try to make it for one of our meets.
cheers

eteem_lover, thanx ; got it from 'New Balaji cars' in TNagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 685382)
I know there will be some drop of power, which is Ok. Thanx.

That's what my concern was - I presume you are going to take it off-road; I for one would not compromise on the power but if you're OK with that, no sweat