Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 16:09   #1
BHPian

Fiat Palio 1.6 (Formula Red) First Service Update

I missed Hyderabad Team-BHP Long Drive on 15th for getting my Stile serviced.

Meter had 1400 kms. I planned to get it serviced around 2 weeks back but could not make it.

There were no serious issues. I had few queries

1. Steering being bit tight as compared to other power steerings.

2. Rust on wheels(check the picture that will give you a better idea about what I am talking)

3. Rear windshield being loose.

4. Wanted to get anti-rust coating.

Had to go to Sanathnagar for getting this done.

I was there by 9:30 AM and I was told that it will be done by 6 PM and they will call when car would be ready for delivery.

I got their call by 5:45. There was no Oil change they charged me just for the Anti-Rust coating.

They say that steering is fine and need not worry about it being a lill tight.(Any idea guys? if they are right? Is stile's steering differnt from other power steering? Can anything be done get it more smoother)

Regarding the rusty wheel person responsible for servicing told that its common and won't hurt. If I dont want rust then I need to get that part coated

I checked the vehicle and found that everything was fine and done as told. Rear windshield wiper was fixed they told me that It was because of a loose nut.

Overall I am happy with first servicing and they wa I was received. I would rate them at 8 out of ten as this was my first experience.
Old 16th December 2007, 18:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
1. Steering being bit tight as compared to other power steerings.
I think Palio is on the tighter side compared to other hatches. Or are you comparing to other Palio's?
Quote:
I got their call by 5:45. There was no Oil change they charged me just for the Anti-Rust coating.
No oil change at all during first service? Might be my complete ignorance, but are you sure its recommended that way for the Palio Stile 1.6?

I think its better to go ahead with an oil change!
Old 16th December 2007, 18:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

yup no oil change for first service. if you look at the service booklet there is a list of things to be done behind each service slip
Old 16th December 2007, 18:52   #4
BHPian

Naveen which workshop did you go to service for, concord or Malik. I am waiting on your feedback about the workshop guys.
Old 16th December 2007, 19:21   #5
BHPian

Rust on wheels as shown in the pic is not a problem. When I bought my santro xing I found rust on its wheels too.
Old 16th December 2007, 19:50   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No oil change at all during first service? Might be my complete ignorance, but are you sure its recommended that way for the Palio Stile 1.6?
Make that for all Fiats. The first recommended oil change is at 7500 kms and at the same intervals thereof.

Quote:
I think its better to go ahead with an oil change!
Its better. It is recommended by team-bhp too.
Old 16th December 2007, 20:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They say that steering is fine and need not worry about it being a lill tight.(Any idea guys? if they are right? Is stile's steering differnt from other power steering? Can anything be done get it more smoother)
Naveen, if you feel your Steering is tight, just check out any other Stile 1.6 or earlier Palio 1.6, if it is the same or bit tight only in your case.

First service of Palio (after 2 months of Car purchase/1500kms) is just a Check-up, no oil-change etc., but thereafter every 7500 kms you need to change your Engine oil.

Last edited by finneyp : 16th December 2007 at 20:10.
Old 16th December 2007, 21:16   #8
BHPian

Actually , the fiat PAS steering is a bit tighter than hyundai or other steerings which are power assisted, I m not aware why, but this came to light when a tavera TD made me recheck the steering so many times that the sales guy drove my car.......(yes Sir) and then we compared notes.

We came to a conclusion that the palio has a tight steering but can be rectified with the help of steering oil/Pump cleaned and refilled, please get the agency guy to check the pump.
Old 16th December 2007, 22:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I think Palio is on the tighter side compared to other hatches. Or are you comparing to other Palio's?
I don't know about other Palios but for sure its tighter as compared to Swift.
Old 16th December 2007, 22:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Naveen which workshop did you go to service for, concord or Malik. I am waiting on your feedback about the workshop guys.
Concord service center at Sanathnagar. Service advisor is pretty friendly and helpful. But am not going for service after 2nd free service. Its too far around 23 kms from my place. I will go to Concord at LBNagar.
Old 16th December 2007, 22:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

could it be electric vs hydraulic ? i actually find the power steering on my palio very very light
Old 16th December 2007, 22:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
could it be electric vs hydraulic ? i actually find the power steering on my palio very very light
Hey Bottle arn't our cars similer? There shouldnt be any difference right? Do you find you Stile's steering light as compared to Swift?
Old 16th December 2007, 22:42   #13
BHPian

Hey guys, I am about get my permanent cars number plates. What I find is there is a provision for 2 screws for rear Number plate but nothing for front number plate. The guys doing my number plate said that they will drill into bumper. But I don't want that to be done. Pleas let me know what you guys(with Stile) have done to fix the front Number plate. Please help me Am getting it fixed by tomorrow.

Not sur if this topic has been discussed I have searched the forum but could not find a thread related to this topic.

Please help. Thanks in advance
Old 16th December 2007, 23:24   #14

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Hey guys, I am about get my permanent cars number plates. What I find is there is a provision for 2 screws for rear Number plate but nothing for front number plate. The guys doing my number plate said that they will drill into bumper. But I don't want that to be done. Pleas let me know what you guys(with Stile) have done to fix the front Number plate. Please help me Am getting it fixed by tomorrow.

Not sur if this topic has been discussed I have searched the forum but could not find a thread related to this topic.

Please help. Thanks in advance
dont worry about the steering...the swift has an electric power steering while the palio has hydraulic ps.
yes,holes would have to be drilled in the front bumper.
isnt it the dealers job to give you the number plates and get them fixed.
Old 17th December 2007, 00:13   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I drive the WagonR. Its said to have one of the lightest steering set- up, which is a pleasure to drive in the city, reversing and stuff.

However, there is a negative side to all this. At highway speeds, the steering is too sensitive. For regular drivers like me, I'm used to it. However, if someone is driving a WagonR in the highway first time, they wont get confidence crossing lanes. Worse is the case with the i10.

Palio steering is tight, compared to the above, even the Swift. But considering the speeds the 1.6 is capable of, i think its a good feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks