Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2007, 16:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
Are these mileage with or without AC?
mine gives 16kmpl with ac, lower profile tyres would surely give 18kmpl with ac.
Old 22nd December 2007, 17:51   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
mine gives 16kmpl with ac, lower profile tyres would surely give 18kmpl with ac.
You mean it would give better FE with high profile, narrower tires?
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
100 CRDI's delivered
YES DELIVERED.
Quote:
Dont understand why people compare to the DDis (you of all people Busa! )
Be it petrol or diesel these two cars will always be compared.
Quote:
Disagree on the engine noise front, or maybe the TD car in Bangalore was exceptionally noisy.
Engine noise of DDis is less than CRDi but the Getz is better when it comes to cabin noise which includes no rattles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
How...??

Last edited by kpzen : 22nd December 2007 at 18:05.
Old 22nd December 2007, 18:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah pulls hard doesnt it?!

Disagree on the engine noise front, or maybe the TD car in Bangalore was exceptionally noisy.

Wow!! Are taxes in TN so much cheaper than KA ? Costs us 6.60 OTR
Probably one of the few things which are costlier in Bangy than Mumbai. Vehicle registration charges and petrol.. I test drove the Getz D.. Much fun to drive. And it really surges ahead. But somehow at that price when an Indigo Diesel is available, makes one think. Is it really worth it minus the boot. If only they added a boot.
Old 22nd December 2007, 21:58   #65
BHPian

Sorry for the late post!
I was the fortunate one to sit besides KP and see the potential of the car.
as i have the older getz i really got fed up of people telling me that what a junk it is. the only excuse i could give was that my father wanted a car with adequate space and mileage. but i the moment kp told me about the test drive. i agreed at once..the moment we reached, kp's bro came out with the keys and told to go for a rip. OK now the car was making a grunt noise like any other diesel cars not that loud though. the interiors were same just the color combo was different the beige thing was ok by me but i like the older central console better.
The moment we hit the mathura highway it was time for the treat..
I think the hyundai had also got fed up of the quotes people made on the poor performance of the petrol version man there was no any other way to SHUT the critics mouth..the engine is really REALLY responsive with every gear shift there was a serious shove behind actions...the car is simply a rocket..
as i also own the petrol version i was really surprised the way the car was burning the road..we had another friend with us who is a serious hyundai hater Specially the Getz..he was sitting behind holding the side handle and the drivers seat tightly not saying a word...
i was really surprised by the ride quality there was not a single noise in the cabin not even the seat belts made a noise..
I don't want to compare this car with any other car in its segment because i don't want to create a indian parliament scene over here....
as for my verdict if i ever buy a diesel car again it will be getz again....
surely it is a little overpriced than its counterpart swift but once you get your hands behind this little monster, You will forget the extra money you paid for the pure pleasure you will get!!!
ChEErS.cheers:
Old 23rd December 2007, 17:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Engine noise of DDis is less than CRDi but the Getz is better when it comes to cabin noise which includes no rattles..

rattlebattle20
Old 26th December 2007, 10:29   #67
BHPian

Guys,

I AM BACK.

One accident to friend, result of not wearing seat belt- Plastic surgery for face, artificial jaw joints,eye dispositioning etc etc.... One wedding,, One car delivery, trip my hometown to enjoy vacation,then yet another story accident to relatives.... man its been quite a month I have had...

Now back to Bangalore,office,settling down, and hence not given report of my Kencha- The Getz CRDi.
Wait for a week, you guys should get Honest ownership report of 750KM.
My target was report after first service(1200Km) but 750 km seems to give me confidence to write the REAL reports based on facts. not on feelings.

I'll answer this one,
"Engine noise of DDis is less than CRDi but the Getz is better when it comes to cabin noise which includes no rattles.." kpZen.

Totally agree, we own SwiftDDiS/Getz 1.3 GLX/Honda City in our family and now the Getz CRDi.
Cabin noise in Getz CRDi is almost NIL especially but after 1st gear.i.e 2nd and beyond and not rattles whatsoever. But in start up and first gear it does make gr gr gr gr gr...but its fquite acceptable for diesel mill.
DDiS- same story of gr gr gr in idle and first gear but cabin noise continues even after 2nd gear. If DDiS gets 6 marks on NVH, Getz CRDI gets 9 out of 10.(- 1 for gr gr gr.. in idle and first gear). and 1.3 GLX gets 10 out of 10

More to come in my report.

cheers
Anju
But DDiS
Old 30th December 2007, 13:42   #68
BHPian

Quote:
If I had about a 150thou to spend on aftermarket stuff for the Getz CRDI I would have surely gone for it.
hey s0uljah, can you elaborate on this? I would really like to know what all things need improvement. I am considering buying it.

Anju,
Your report is much awaited.
Old 1st January 2008, 08:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
yes, a diesel should also do justice to mileage, like its competitor swift for instance, well agreed its not as spacious and the build is also not comparable with the getz, still who would want to buy a diesel which gives out similar kind of fuel efficiency as its petrol version.
It has no comparison to the 75 hp of the Swift.

14kmpl for the 110 hp engine at 6.30 on road is more than enough.

Consider the fact that it carries the engine of the Verna which cost 9 Lac on road. Hyundai has done a great job keeping the exact same engine as the Verna.

We have accepted some 1.6 Ltr Petrol engines delivering 10 kmpl as well, so 14 kmpl from a 110 hp diesel should be a good deal.
Old 2nd January 2008, 01:40   #70
BHPian

Completely agreed, PrinceSri. But only feature missing is ABS. For this kind of engine, I feel ABS is absolute must. Hope Hyundai will bring ABS soon for this car.
Old 2nd January 2008, 08:40   #71
Team-BHP Support

Top gear has done a driver's car comparo this month.

Getz CRDi v/s Swift 1.3 P v/s Palio Stile 1.6.

Getz is the fastest in the group, however they have ranked it last saying the handling, steering etc lets it down.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey s0uljah, can you elaborate on this? I would really like to know what all things need improvement. I am considering buying it.
Tires and Alloys - 40k
ICE - 30k
Leather Seat Covers - 20k
Petes Box - 30k
Green Filter - 7k

Other then that i dont see what else a Getz requires?

Crazy - Who won the test? Swift or Palio?
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:01   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Crazy - Who won the test? Swift or Palio?
Palio, swift and Getz CRDi in this order.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Tires and Alloys - 40k
ICE - 30k
Leather Seat Covers - 20k
Petes Box - 30k
Green Filter - 7k
I dont think all that is required for that car from day 1 except for the wheels.. Do all ppl spend 50k on seat covers and ICE..??
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Palio, swift and Getz CRDi in this order.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:35   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think all that is required for that car from day 1 except for the wheels.. Do all ppl spend 50k on seat covers and ICE..
I meant to say what souljah meant when he said 1.5L to spare for mods.

And the TG result should be read the other way round, 1st Getz, then Swift and then the Palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks