Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 18:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, so if the guy's a rival manufacturer's pawn (and I'm not saying he is), it's mission accomplished then!
Old 6th January 2008, 18:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

not sure whether top class manufacturers would indulge in placing pawns to bring bad name to another competitor ?!! and i dont know what is the impact of such activities also ? some person putting off his decision may not be mission accomplished i guess
Old 6th January 2008, 19:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Dude, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to malign Nick in ANY way at all, but believe me, big corporations are capable of amazingly unethical things to suit their own purposes (which is exactly why I am NOT suggesting that Nick's story has a hidden agenda). Just food for thought...
Old 6th January 2008, 19:13   #64
BHPian

I think BMW have to resolve this to the satisfaction of Nick at least engage the customer and the issue at hand and not just wash their hands off and void warranty. That's rather extreme and irresponsible.

For most people after a house the car is a major purchase and we need the confidence of support and reasonable level of engagement and understanding from the manufacturer.

I had suggested to Nick to get in touch with PR people and that will be a good way for BMW to explain their side of the story and restore confidence.

its important to remember some of the members here have bought BMWs and had good experiences too.
Old 6th January 2008, 23:55   #65
BHPian

One person definitely doesnt matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
not sure whether top class manufacturers would indulge in placing pawns to bring bad name to another competitor ?!! and i dont know what is the impact of such activities also ? some person putting off his decision may not be mission accomplished i guess
that losing one customer aint a big deal but i dont care :-).
What I do care is If I am buying luxury you cant just mistreat your customer.If I want to fight with the dealer I might as well do that with Toyota, Honda,Maruti etc but here I expect better treatment and not to mention a decent built car.
It could be a case of Rival trying to defame BMW india, but if BMW India is misbehaving like this then the Rival proves his point.
I just want to see what happens with Nick's case, as i am based in Delhi and I will most probably be buying from the dealers that nick is dealing with.
Am going to personally inquire from the dealers their side of story and post here by 14th Jan as am currently out of station.
Lets hope something reasonable comes out of this as I love BMW.Just when I had made up my mind for the 325i this had to happen (:.Nick please update m8

PS: I have four friends whose parents are also looking to buying the 5 series and maybe my bad impression of BMW could push them towards Audi or even E class, but hey they are only 4 families and their friends and their friends not many people but heck it counts for something hehe
This story of Luxury treatment hasnt gone well with me and might not go well with people shelling 50lakhs for a car.cheers:

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th April 2009 at 00:34. Reason: Old post, but 3rd smiley removed.
Old 22nd April 2009, 22:15   #66
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

a. Nick, the mods and others respectable members have advised the right thing. Get your paperwork ready and make it strong for your legal route and it will do you more justice faster than arguing with the dealer, who will never let himself in, for a host of reasons!

All the best and keep everyone at team-BHP posted.

b. Hello Morph,...,I feel you should not base your expensive decisions with respect to buying a premium brand on one or two incidents that you come across.

Starting with the famous 'Skoda' issues to the Mercs, the Audi's & also the BMW's, the dealers have a really major part to play.

I've put a recent post on one of the threads about one of my friends honda Accord V6 which had him go through hell with his experience with the Honda dealer here.

I've dealt with the BMW dealer in Hyd for almost 2 years now and i should consider myself lucky that i've not been cheated in anyway BUT,...,you never know! When it comes to money the same old nice dealer could turn out diagonally opposite. So, i was planning on going for the BMW service inclusive for 5yrs/60K which would greatly relieve my tensions about service and maintenance wherein the smaller bills really add up to hefty ones!

If you really like the machine, then do some research about your local dealer which would at least give you peace of mind when writing out that cheque at the dealership!

If you genuinely like the Audi or the Merc, then i do not see the reason why you should sway between them?!?! because if you do and some dispute were to arise, then you would be back to square one and being unhappy about having chosen that brand.

Otherwise, if your local BMW dealer has a good reputation, then i'd suggest you get those keys for the ultimate driving machine as you had initially wanted!

Nice sensible driving with periodic care would surely put a smile more than those beautful coronas!

cheers!!

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2009 at 11:40.
AirbusA340 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th May 2009, 20:18   #67
BHPian

morphin1, did you talk to the dealer? Haven't seen your post till now. Or did the guys at bmw make you disappear?
Old 25th May 2009, 11:24   #68
BHPian

Thanks airbus for the piece of advice and hehe Suv100 the BMW people didn't make me disappear.
At the time of creating this thread BMW was selling highly underspec cars at mad prices and I was frustrated and angry at the loads of people who bought the cars then without considering how stupid they were being and therefore encouraging BMW to sell such bad VFM premium sedans.
Well that's been settled now as I have made peace with the above dilemma of mine as people who bought the bimmers in the 1st year got really ripped off lol and they deserved it
I have bought a 320D highline as it was at least more value than when the cars were launched.
Old 1st June 2009, 23:43   #69
BHPian

So, how is your '3' coming along?

and what exterior paint is yours?

Last edited by AirbusA340 : 1st June 2009 at 23:45. Reason: back to back posting
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks