Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 11:46   #46
NIP
Senior - BHPian

nice ! now with the new oil n all...its time to burn some rubber and show snowflake some fog eh ?!
Old 9th January 2008, 12:39   #47
BHPian

Congrats s0uljah!!. Hope you are enjoying your ride now.

I already clocked 4500km with mine and 2nd service due is very near.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidealong View Post
Basically I want to know if my experiences with my 1 month old Swift Vdi is normal or if there is anything fishy so as to contact Maruti.
Hi! Congrats on the new car I can relate to you excitement and experience with the car as its been close to 20 days since I took delivery too. Im not sure what you mean by "something fishy".

Quote:
I had to sent several mails to the Maruti guys to make the dealer(Indus Motors Trivandrum) yield the promised 24% per annum payback on the waiting period for the booking amount.
Im yet to start this battle! The interest earned in my case would be close to 5k.

Quote:
The PDI was not properly done, since the back seat was creaking a lot and I went back to the dealer and they said it was because none of the joints would be greased until the 1st service and once it was greased it would be perfectly silent.
Has nothing to do with greasing. Yesterday during the first service the mechanic removed the seats and we used insulation tape over the hooks that hold the seats. All rattles have completely vanished.

Quote:
After four days I got the vehicle painted and free of stains. But the rattling is on the rise.
Hey thats pretty good if you ask me! They re-painted at no cost to you !! Rattling is something provided to customers free of cost by MSIL. So you need to invest a little and take care of it.

If your on a budget you could use foam (Rs800) and line all the bits and pads in the doors to eliminate rattling. But first make sure you get every little thing tightened and checked.

Damping is the other way to go. Check the ICE section, but it would be a little hard on the pocket. Inquire at the MASS for 3M sheets. The RNS guys told me they had sourced it for a few customers who had repeated rattling issues. It would cost approx 1k for all 4 doors.

Quote:
I am just now thinking about communicating with the Maruti people regarding the rattling noise coming out of the boot door and the rear seat.

Please let me know if anyone had similar experiences..
What I suggest is you find another MASS or a good aftermarket service station. They will be of help. I understand your frustration though. Considering your a NEW customer, Maruti should be the one taking care of your car. Go ahead and report the incidents to Maruti so that the dealer feels the heat.

One thing dont go overboard with the complaints, then it will seem like your also a crazy customer! Keep your dialogue with MSIL to the point and supply clearly all the dates, times, names etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
nice ! now with the new oil n all...its time to burn some rubber and show snowflake some fog eh ?!
Yeah she deserves it. Right now she's only getting SMOG :(

FE Update :

With the fuel gauge dipping below half tank, I decided to refuel this morning. (25 Litres @ IOC Diesel Regular.)

From my last full tank until now clocked 453.5 KM.

Approx Breakup of this would be 250KM highway(mostly 4/5th gear) and 200KM city(1/2/3rd gear and peak traffic with idling).

So if this method is acceptable 453.5 / 25 = 18.14 kmpl!
Old 9th January 2008, 15:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Im not sure what you mean by "something fishy".
Look at the following images and the news paper scan

Quote:
Im yet to start this battle! The interest earned in my case would be close to 5k.
Please let me know how it went and how much you got. We might have something interesting to share.

Quote:
Hey thats pretty good if you ask me! They re-painted at no cost to you !!
I would say 'ok' if they did something right the first time. It's time we Indians start to expect professionalism. No way I would accept something as 'pretty good' after several 20 km long round trips from my office to the service station on a borrowed bike in the sun to get the service done in a weeks time..

Quote:
Rattling is something provided to customers free of cost by MSIL. So you need to invest a little and take care of it.
Brother , when i invest on a car i expect a car, not a rattler for my 6 month old daughter. And another interesting thing I noticed is that , the car doesn't rattle much in the morning cold weather, but when i leave the car in the sun till afternoon and take her for a ride, i can hear samba music.. !! What a technology!!!

Quote:
Damping is the other way to go.
Yeah I am seriously thinking about damping since I plan to get ICE for my swift diesel. Pioneer 4050 UB, JBL GTO937, JBL GTO 607c

Quote:
Go ahead and report the incidents to Maruti so that the dealer feels the heat.
One thing dont go overboard with the complaints, then it will seem like your also a crazy customer! Keep your dialogue with MSIL to the point and supply clearly all the dates, times, names etc.
That's exactly what I plan to. I wanted to share my frustration first so that I can send a business like mail rather than venting out my frustration.
Thanks for your reply..
Old 9th January 2008, 15:44   #50
BHPian

Yo s0uljah(Anirudh),

Congrats on the new white baby....
You must be elated now that you got to ride your babe after such a long wait... rear light look stunning, good choice for the white car. Nice alloy/tyre....

Man what is this, ? When Swift owners gonna get over this rattle stuff. My brother had it in the first batch od DDiS and it still continues with new lot ????/ thats plain crazy,,, its just awful for Maruti for not fixing it. Maruti have earned money like crazy with this Swift and buggers they don't want help future customers by resolving such issues in the car....

Anyway, Enjoy the car, it looks good and you got very good engine.

Catch me if you can says my Kencha......

DO update on ICE once your done.

Cheers
Anju

PS; Sue the bloody dealer and Hyundai to the maximum for this terrible thing they've done with your Santro.
Old 9th January 2008, 17:17   #51
BHPian

@s0uljah: Don't know how I missed your thread but congrats (better late than never) on your new ride. Have fun and drive safe

And I know how it feels to stick to 14 " rims , you tend to get a lot of stick (about not upsizing to 15 ") but it does pay off when it comes to your ride comfort. Yet to check your garage but going by the guy's comments, looks like you've got one hell of a looker there *thumbs up*

Edit: Just checked your garage and you have 15 " alloys out there, guess I made a mistake here.

Last edited by RufRoc : 9th January 2008 at 17:26. Reason: Adding Information
Old 10th January 2008, 09:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Yo s0uljah(Anirudh),

Congrats on the new white baby. Anyway, Enjoy the car, it looks good and you got very good engine.
Catch me if you can says my Kencha......
Thank you sir, you enjoy the lady in red too:-)

WRT catch me if you can, I dont think its fair racing an RX100 with an RD350 if you get my drift. Anyhow Im not into that much which is why I settled for a diesel and not an e-Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
@s0uljah: Don't know how I missed your thread but congrats (better late than never) on your new ride. Have fun and drive safe
Thanks! Im finally part of your DDiS club! The 14/15" issue is thanks to some of the loonies on the forum having fun an my expense
Old 21st April 2008, 17:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Closing in on the 5000km mark, so some service and pampering is due in a couple of weeks.

Last week Id to visit an estate close by to Sullia. Approx a little over 700kms roundtrip. The drive also involved negotiating the Shiradi ghat which was fun The car is a dream on the open road and also the ghats winding road was fun with the Swifts handling + 205/Sdrive combo!!

A couple of issues :

First being the mileage, I seem to be getting a lower mileage than when I first got the car. Factors could be higher A/C usage, lower tyre pressure. 3-4k shifts and recently took her to 5k.

303.4 @ 21
300.0 @ 21
372.0 @ 25
336.1 @ 26
475.5 @ 33
396.7 @ 32
526.0 @ 38
287.1 @ 19
435.0 @ 26

There might be slight errors in the above figures but City average is around 14. The Sullia trip I got close to 16.5

All in all Iv got nothing to complaing about as mileage isnt the biggest concern for me... a return of 13-14 in the city suits me I guess.

Secondly about 120-130 kms into the drive the Speedo stopped functioning accurately, it has about a 10km excess reading at most times, hopefully they will look into this under the warranty.

After this 700kms run the engine has opened up a little more, event though I was constantly pushing 100-120-140, never lost steam and the engine is truly a work of art.

Also Iv now experienced torque steer after this trip
Old 21st April 2008, 18:58   #54
rippergeo

Quote:
good fun ain't it?
was it on a climb? or was it on flat road? which gear?

I usually get it as a slight pull to the left side while accelerating on a slight incline in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
every ghat drive is heaven!

Old 21st April 2008, 19:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Slight incline, third gear. Yes its fun but could scare some folks I reckon

BTW when you lending me the box!
Old 22nd April 2008, 07:44   #56
rippergeo

Quote:
BTW when you lending me the box!
get your own soulboy!

seriously though, there is a programmable ECU for diesels being tested. once that is out, you wont need the box. or maybe...I wont need the box.

Old 22nd April 2008, 15:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
303.4 @ 21
300.0 @ 21
372.0 @ 25
336.1 @ 26
475.5 @ 33
396.7 @ 32
526.0 @ 38
287.1 @ 19
435.0 @ 26

Can you explain those columns? And that's oversteer, not torque steer, if it's what I think it is.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

I think they are kms. covered @ litres consumed.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Right Raghava, approx distances covered and tank ups. Yes v1p3r Snowflakes FE is lower then the average.

Oversteer was another incident. I was talking about torque-steer on the ghat.

That speedo error calls for a photo of the car maxing out I reckon
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:19   #60
Team-BHP Support

s0uljah i think 205 tyre is one reason for less FE.

Although the FE your report in city is pretty decent, the highway mileage is the one i would term as low. Am sure you will see further improvements in engine refinement and FE (small one atleast) once you reach 10k kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks