Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Yes the 205 do indirectly contribute to lower FE.

I say indirectly because if the tyre pressure and driving style is adjusted then the FE could go up significantly.

Then again since its 205 one tends to maintain lower pressure and push harder to overcome the initial turbo lag which is further accented due to the sheer weight of the 205/55.

My dad had managed to clock an 18.2 to mysore and back including some amount of traffic prior to 1st service. This trip I took was probably due to my driving style and also having to suddenly halt for the diversions and patchwork.

Win some, lose some

Chetta at the 1st service we only did oil change and general stuff, no filter change.

I will go through the 5k schedule but if you have anything to specific to suggest/highlight it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by s0uljah : 23rd April 2008 at 10:29. Reason: service quiry
Old 23rd April 2008, 11:28   #62
Team-BHP Support

Hmm 5k service nothing much to do apart from regular check up. Oil & Oil filter is the only other thing which you can insist on.
Old 27th April 2008, 01:54   #63
BHPian

Guys need some help for my now 6 months old Swift DDiS. For quite sometime i have had an feeling that the AC cooling of Swift DDiS is less as compared to petrol version. During my Second Service i did mention about low AC cooling but the service guy didnt mention that in the job card and said he will check whether its sufficient. The next day when i went to collect my car after the service he got a mechanic and we all sat in the car to check the temperature of the cooling. He brought a electronic temparature gauge and inserted the thin metal pin of 6 inches long inside the center AC vent of the Dash Board. We started the car with 4 people inside at 6:00pm. The car was left idle and the sales person asked me to throttle the car at 2000 rpm as this would increase the cooling. The temperature gauge went to close to 6 degrees after 20 minutes at 2000 rpm. The AC button and to circulate the inner air button was ON. The service rep said that since its reaching at 6 degrees its absolutely fine. He advised me that whenever the car is parked in open parking with sun on the top in the afternoon i should lower all the windows and start the blower for on full setting for around 4-5 minutes as this will remove all the hot air from inside the car. Then close all the windows and turn on the AC with the internal air circulation button on for effective cooling.
I am still not satisfied with the cooling. I do not have any sun films on the windshields yet.
Need your help to check if this cooling is what it should be because before buying the diesel variant i test drove a demo car which had somewhat identical cooling as my car has.

Guys please help
Old 27th April 2008, 21:34   #64
Team-BHP Support

Yes diesel cooling temp is low compared to petrol and compressor doesn cut off and on as in petrol, i guess that is the reason why they have kept the temp low to avoid gas freezing. pune right now needs sun control even if its a merc
Old 27th April 2008, 23:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

@tush - I have felt this too and mentioned this somewhere on t-BHP as well.

Having said, that the a/c of DDiS still manages to make its occupants comfortable, if not chilled,even in the summer heat.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:33   #66
Team-BHP Support

I can contribute some credits to the white color body my car has, but with bangalore at 35 and car parked till noon in sun, requires blower 2 or 3 at max to cool it down (atleast in front), in about 5-7 min, yup i open the window for first 1-2 min.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

True, Iv opted for white after having owned a black car (my dad still has a black gaadi).

Only issue is the plastics still get heated up :-/

Tush since you havent got sun film yet I say save a little more and go for the premium stuff. The LLumar entry level series just dont cut it.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:53   #68
BHPian

First service

I just completed 700 kms after yesterday's trip to Melkote on my 2 week old Vdi.
What to expect of the first service?
Anything which I should make sure while the service guys do the service.

And yes... The rattle is there
Any pointers as to what to mention to the service folks about that?

thanks in advance...
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Sri,

First service is just Engine oil change.

If the rattle is coming from the back then ask them to check if its the seat hinges. They can eliminate that rattle with the help of insulation tape.

Last weekend 2 drunks on a Kinetic Honda came head on towards me near MEG, luckily I was only cruising and swerved left, failing which they would have smashed into the bonnet.

Unfortunately they still made contact with the right hand side of my rear bumper leaving some UGLY paint chipping and also broke the mud flap.

They were hurt and the Kinetic fairing broke off. A$$&*(^$
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Sri,

First service is just Engine oil change.

If the rattle is coming from the back then ask them to check if its the seat hinges. They can eliminate that rattle with the help of insulation tape.

Last weekend 2 drunks on a Kinetic Honda came head on towards me near MEG, luckily I was only cruising and swerved left, failing which they would have smashed into the bonnet.

Unfortunately they still made contact with the right hand side of my rear bumper leaving some UGLY paint chipping and also broke the mud flap.

They were hurt and the Kinetic fairing broke off.
Thanks...
I know you never know from where drunks come.. glad that you are safe and others are safe(no major incident)...
always its the bigger vehicle which gets blamed irrespective of whose fault it is.

I was in hurry last week, and hit my own gate on rear left. Luckily most went off with quick polishing. Its almost invisible now.
Old 3rd May 2008, 17:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Other guys are safe, thank god. Or I would have had some drama on my hands.

They were piss drunk, No license, No helmet and bike belonged to someone else.
Old 1st August 2008, 14:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

6000KMS, IInd Service

For almost five weeks ending may-beginning july Snowflake was out of action as I was travelling. Having clocked 6000kms the IInd service was overdue, I finally managed to squeeze in some time and visit RNS, Yeshwantpur where Id given her for the first service.

Got in touch with Sachin who was the Service Advisor last time around as well. He was recommended by Jaggu.

My Requests / Complaints
  1. Speedometer fault (once, will highlight details below)
  2. Rear Bumper Left side refitting and scar touch ups.
  3. Front bumper touch ups.
  4. Rear Left Mud flap replacement.
  5. Engine Oil Replacement
  6. Oil filter replacement.
Status after the work
  1. Occured only once on a highway run so they have not been able to diagnose, I wasn't pushy either.
  2. Fit is fine, touch up's are ugly and stand out a bit but not as much as the black scars.
  3. Front bumper scratches touched up.
  4. Mud flap replaced BUT Id to buy a set of 4 for Rs 264.
  5. Replaced wit Mobile Delvox MX 2.9 Lts
  6. Replaced with Element Oil Filter
Total bill incl. Vat : Rs 1407/-

Other works done besides 2nd service schedule : Front fender lining clip, front bumper clip. They also set right the parking light in the tail lamp.

RNS, Yeshwantpur : Overall Im a satisfied customer, the staff right from the mech's to the advisors are all somewhat oriented to providing the best for the customers.

Also Mr Nakanishi of MSIL is visiting this Saturday(2nd Aug) so they are probably striving for excellence at this point

They have a decent lounge and offer visitors some timepass while waiting for the vehicle. My car was ready within about 4 hours of prepare the job card and handing it over.

Didnt realize an oil change would make so much of a difference.. she is smoooooooooooth. Probably also the cleaning of the air filter. Need to check for mileage figures again after service.

Planning for the system D on my next refill.

Last edited by s0uljah : 1st August 2008 at 14:45. Reason: included bill amount
Old 1st August 2008, 16:41   #73
BHPian

Good info.
I have completed 4100, and due for service. I might ive it before 5K as I have to travel to hyd next week.
What to expect?(What is part of second service)
what are the extras which I need to ask for? is oil change better to have since change schedule is 10K.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:50   #74
BHPian

^^ i have this particular doubt too!! do we have to change the oil, oilfilter, airfilter cleanup etc...in 2nd service???
what is meant by system D???
Old 4th August 2008, 09:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

@ Sriturl : why not finish your highway run and then get your service done ?

@ Joe : Second Service is just a general checkup as per the service schedule. Besides oil filter change you will need to specify if you want to do any additional replacement/changes.

System D - IFTEX- fuel additives

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks