Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 00:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Swift VDi @ 6000km (2nd Service Complete)

So after being car less for a very very long time, Iv finally taken delivery of an Arctic White Swift VDi(approx 2 years ahead of when Ishan predicted I would!!) For those who followed some of earlier posts you will know I was adamant on getting an ABS equipped vehicle and hence endured a 6 month wait. Its over and done with so the less said the better.

My Delivery experience:

Decided to delay taking delivery of the vehicle as dad said it was inauspicious time. It was good in a way as the 2 extra days gave me time the additional funds to ensure I could have her footwear upgraded as soon as we rolled out of the showroom.

As we pulled in at the scheduled day/time the car was parked in the driveway looking cute as ever and my dad commented on the reg # as we walked it. Let me tell you until that moment I hadn't realized what it would feel like, it was euphoria!

At the PDI, the ODO had clocked 5kms and at the time of delivery it showed 9kms. v1p3r suggests the car had been used as a TD mule as that is too low an ODO reading. I would like to think otherwise. Im not saying the ODO hasnt been tampered with, but tis highly unlikely it was their TD vehicle.

Was greeted by our sales rep who had made up for all his previous goof ups by having everything set for delivery. I went ahead and inspected the accessories for which Id worked out a very competitive pricing with some help from an in house contact.

Paid = (LLumar 50 Black (s+r) , ZXI security system, Underbody chassis treatment) ,
Free = 2 Cd visors + Cigarette Lighter

Our sales guy ran us through the paperwork and handed over the documents, bills, challans etc and also the Ganesha idol and a box of chocolates(which were surprisingly nice and far exceeded my expectation!)

The muggy weather began to get worse due to the storm coming in from the South. Not a good day to run in new tyres but what the hell!! What with incompetent sales people, lack of ABS kits, Rahu kala and what not I couldnt care less about the weather. Lol.

We were put onto the service guy who briefed us about the car. Briefing was helpful especially regarding the various light indicators specific to the diesel variant (Glow plug, Water in Diesel indicator, Service scheduled indicator). General indicators such ECU, EPS, ABS etc. Inspected tool bags, first aid kit, lights, bulbs etc. Had to sign out the release form for him. Took care of all the other small documents and proceeded outside.

Then posed for the mandatory photograph with the vehicle. In humor I told the sales guy that the only photo MSIL would get was me holding him at gun point in front of the vehicle After getting done with the picture and collecting the gate pass they proceeded to fill the complimentary 5 litres diesel (Shell).

At this point the weather was miserable and as I pulled out had to have my wipers on at full blast. For a set of brand new wipers they seemed pathetic. Already leaving a trail. I will need to lubricate them using Rudy sir's tips from the car care thread.

Highlight of such heavy rain was the lack of 2 wheelers on the road Made my way from Pratham (ORR) towards KR.Puram bottleneck and inched through a traffic pileup around 3:40 PM. Had to have the A/C as well as headlamps on right from the start. Finally pulled into IOC, Indiranagar(OMR) and tanked up Diesel regular for Rs 1350 worth! Then headed back to the Infantry Road to pick up a friend and proceeded to JC.Road to get my beloved her new footwear. Somewhere along the way I realized I had forgotten to eat lunch so stopped at a small Darshini had some some steaming hot set dosa's while I stole glances at the car!!

Satya had arranged for my tyre/alloys and he came along to help load up the car. (Thanks a lot man for all the numerous calls and running around you did on my behalf!) After picking up the goodies, we headed to Madhu's Tyre center at Shantinagar for getting them shod. Spent about Rs900 for fitment, allignment, balancing, nitrogen filling etc and left a fat tip for all the boys as I was really joshed up.

Weaved back to JC road and dropped off the OE rims/rubber picked up Satya's bling machine and decided to call it a night.

Got home and my mom's reaction to the car was "its a lot cuter and smaller than other swifts." Lol! She approved of the color too!

ODO reading when I finally tucked her in for the night was around 50kms.
Old 26th December 2007, 01:12   #2
BHPian

Congratulations. I am still confused about which car to go for and hope for the Auto Expo to help me along the way. Drive safe!
Old 26th December 2007, 01:20   #3
BANNED

Congratulations!
Another VDI owner. May this car bring you lots of smiles from cheek to cheek.
Old 26th December 2007, 01:26   #4
BHPian

congrats for your car love this color .
Old 26th December 2007, 01:52   #5
BHPian

Congrats on your new car buddy, enjoy your swift. Drive safe.
Old 26th December 2007, 01:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Very nice car. Loved the rims. Only wish they were 15"s. *runs for cover*

How about some pictures of the rear, freshly debadged?
Old 26th December 2007, 04:04   #7
BHPian

Finally! Anirudh's got his wheels! Hope you are happy now! Congrats man! Looks like the dealers wanted to give you this as your New Year gift. Hope to see it when I get back to India. Take care and drive safe... and have a great time too!!
Old 26th December 2007, 06:53   #8
rippergeo

so whats the footwear?

Old 26th December 2007, 07:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

205/55 R15 Yokohama S.drives on 14" Lenso rims.
Old 26th December 2007, 08:05   #10
BHPian

Congrats On Your Ice Queen

The footwear is looking good on the lady
Old 26th December 2007, 08:32   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

white colour is the best colour for a Swift.

Do post pics of you car !! And from where did you buy the tyres ? you might have as well bought them from Madhus on Double Road . They can arrange for any tyres you might be interested in (as long as it is sold in India officially).

PS: Saw your bhp garage. We dont sell Yokohama though. :P It's the one brand which is sold officially in India which we dont deal with.

And awesome looking alloys !! Really stunning !! When do you plan to Pete the VDi ? And some black stripes and you have a Made-in-India Mini !!

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 26th December 2007 at 08:36.
Old 26th December 2007, 09:33   #12
NIP
Senior - BHPian

congrats anirudh !! the car looks awesome ! white looks too good on this car. also its good you went for 14" wheels rather than 15". really no point sacrificing ride quality for looks...especially in a diesel, where you tend to do more highway runs the wheels look superb btw.

and please do post pics here.
Old 26th December 2007, 10:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thank you @ vishalpriya, zak chetta, pawan, jayz, leo, eclectix 1st & nikhil

v1p3r : You go for 15" rims when you get the Indica ok? :-p

NIP : Thanks again... upsize is actually 205/55/15. Due to the LIP on the rims it looks like 14". There is definately a deterioration in ride quality. A 50-50 compromise I guess !
Old 26th December 2007, 10:16   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Anirudh. Damn I love the color of your car and the alloys also look super cool.

My next obvious question : Whats in store for the ICE and is the Pete's box being installed ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 26th December 2007 at 10:17.
Old 26th December 2007, 10:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, buddy! So the wait is finally over huh?

Enjoy her! And I love the name you've given her

Pics, please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks