Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 16:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. Good to have another Xeta on T-bhp. Inspite of the ad campaign, dont see too many Xeta's on the road. Wonder why?

Any issues at all with the car? Or is everything perfect?
Old 1st February 2008, 16:17   #17
BHPian

I feel its all perfect & a VFM car. Only drawback those who initially test drive find is unable to see an inch of bonnet and need to guess in case of Bumper to Bumper traffic scenario and the cab image attached which is quite fading away recently. I heard from many about this bumper imagination point and also stressed on this before. But myself following tire and tarmac rule , i don't think this is an issue really. Its an excellent car and has the features of the class above to it for the price of a class below to it. At least in Hyderabad, after the 1 Million Car offer, i am seeing about 2 to 3 of them on roads at any peak time.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 16:18.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
I feel its all perfect & a VFM car. Only drawback those who initially test drive find is unable to see an inch of bonnet and need to guess in case of Bumper to Bumper traffic scenario and the cab image attached which is quite fading away recently. I heard from many about this bumper imagination point and also stressed on this before. But myself following tire and tarmac rule , i don't think this is an issue really. Its an excellent car and has the features of the class above to it for the price of a class below to it. At least in Hyderabad, after the 1 Million Car offer, i am seeing about 2 to 3 of them on roads at any peak time.
Congrats TrueDreamer on your purchase.

Many of them (most of these include who does not own the car) have branded this car of having low mileage, low resale value, bonnet issue, vibrations, engine noise inside cabin etc. Even they say TATAs are good in Diesel technology whereas they are not skilled in petrol engines.

I think the maintenance/spare costs and after sales service should be ok.
TrueDreamer or any TBHPian, do you guys have any idea on the fuel efficiency of 1.2 and 1.3 in city and highway and also about the pickup/power?
Old 1st February 2008, 19:44   #19
BHPian

I must say with Xeta you don't hear the engine noise in the cabin and no vibrations at all like the earlier diesel counterparts. Even the turbo version doesn't have any vibrations to disturb you hard. Even Autofin service station is good here and they attend to your requests in considerable time once you book for service in advance. Spares are also cheaper and presently i am in the run in period and getting about 12 Kmpl in City with 75% AC and 12.75 with 75% AC in city (80% Travel) and highway (20% Travel) mixed on my last (normal 91OCT UL petrol) filling at Shell. And i am happy with the FE currently and i heard from other Xeta 1.2 owners that they get about 16 Kmpl with 10% AC on Highways. Mine is also 1.2 GLS. 1.4 version gives just a km less and difference is not very much. Power is really great and this one tonne machine can climb inclines fully loaded with ease in 2nd and 3rd gears.
Old 1st February 2008, 22:08   #20
BANNED

Quote:
... Even the turbo version doesn't have any vibrations to disturb you hard.
Errr.... turbo is the Diesel Indica. Xeta is applied only to petrols. AFAICT, thats.

GLS (The top variant) Xeta is 1.4 L engine. All other variants have the 1.2 L engine.
Old 1st February 2008, 22:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Errr.... turbo is the Diesel Indica. Xeta is applied only to petrols. AFAICT, thats.

GLS (The top variant) Xeta is 1.4 L engine. All other variants have the 1.2 L engine.
I do know Turbo is a diesel variant with TC but this version still doesn't have much of vibrations like the earlier diesels. At least this was the case in the Demo car. That was what i meant to say. Sorry for the miscommunication. (EDIT : No Offense meant wrt smilie)

GLS is not the top version of Xeta and it has a 1.2L Petrol engine. GLX is top variant with 1.4L Petrol engine.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 1st February 2008 at 22:28. Reason: Added EDIT:
Old 1st February 2008, 22:26   #22
BANNED

Quote:
GLS is not the top version of Xeta and it has a 1.2L Petrol engine. GLX is top variant with 1.4L Petrol engine.
Err.. I stand corrected... I was speaking from memory.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:40   #23
BHPian

Guys gotta new xeta

As I said another xeta comes to t-bhp this week that makes the count 2 for the week...its just awesome...i took my car from autofin,hyd
Old 2nd February 2008, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
As I said another xeta comes to t-bhp this week that makes the count 2 for the week...its just awesome...i took my car from autofin,hyd
Congrats Krishna, I hope you had a good intial experience about the dealer and your drive, please post the same along with pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks