Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 20:21   #31
BHPian

Hi guys, I own a 09 UVA too. I've done almost 9000kms in these 6months. These have been mostly pune-ahmedabad and pune-goa trips. One thing I noticed is that since the interiors are well spaced and the ergonomics quiet good you don't tire on long drives.

Will write a detailed report soon...
Old 8th September 2009, 20:28   #32
BHPian

Hey guys, I got myself the 09 UVA in Feb.

First things first, I got rid of the UVA badging. Its size and font irritated the hell out of me. I plan to put the Kalos badging on this soon.

Initial impressions were quiet good. Loved the space the car has to offer. the airy cabin doesn't tire you on long drives.

The car has now done 9000kms, mostly highway runs from pune to ahmedabad and goa. I plan another trip to bangalore in october.

FE is decent and the engine has smoothened out after the 2nd service. The only problem I am facing is rattles in the dashboard, I've asked the GM guys to sort it, but they seem to be ignorant of the fact that something is ticking and clicking away. Am trying to pinpoint the issue myself.

In my opinion, this is a honest and boringly practical car to have. Service from GM is decent here in pune.

A detailed ownership report to follow soon
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:47   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
The only problem I am facing is rattles in the dashboard, I've asked the GM guys to sort it, but they seem to be ignorant of the fact that something is ticking and clicking away. Am trying to pinpoint the issue myself.
I had similar issue, some clicking sound inside the bonnet while starting the car. I could hear it only during cold start and after sometime it will vanish. Somehow now its not happening ( without doing anything).
Old 29th September 2009, 12:53   #34
BHPian

I managed to pinpoint the squeaking to the top glove lid on the dash. The spring load has lost its tension and does not clip snugly when shut. I've put DST to compensate for the play for now. This should be highlighted in the next service and ideally fixed.

The odo is at 9800kms so once I do the Poona-Bangalore-Poona road trip on the 30th of this month the car will be put into its 3rd Service when it returns.

Am hoping the weather stays sunny on the way...
Old 31st May 2010, 12:12   #35
BHPian

Can we have a UVA owners club on TBHP. This probably is the most understated car which in reality is one of the high reliability decent performance and huge space vehicle. Probably more bang of money than Ford FIGO and Swift.

Not to say, But i am in love with this car. Wouldn't trade it for Beat, Micras, i10s, ritz etc even if i get 20-30K on the top of car trade-in.

Also Friends that AC is chilling Man. Every single time in peak summers i take out car for a Highhway run, I have to Switch off AC after 20 minutes of use, due to insistance of my parents for being too chilly in Cabin.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Even I did like this car, purely for it interior space. But, the external styling badly needs a revamp.

The car currenlt looks like an old fashioned Britisher with a name like Mr. Steed, in brownies and a golf hat ;-)

Saw some neat mods on Cardomain
Old 6th October 2015, 19:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Aveo UVA - Initial review (2000 km)

Hi arunn
My dad has a UVA which has been serviced with Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil 050 at 28000km.
Now the car has covered 32000km. Do you think it needs an Engine oil change?

Any expert can also give their advise?
Old 6th October 2015, 21:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Hi arunn
My dad has a UVA which has been serviced with Mobile 1 Synthetic Oil 050 at 28000km.
Now the car has covered 32000km. Do you think it needs an Engine oil change?

Any expert can also give their advise?
Hey hillram, I own an Aveo 1.4, though not the UVA. I am no expert but I can advice that since the oil was changed 4,000 kms earlier there is no need to get it changed unless the oil change was done 12months ago or more.

Most petrol engines running synthetic oil needs an oil change in 10000kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
Hope this helps
Old 6th October 2015, 21:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Hey hillram, I own an Aveo 1.4, though not the UVA. I am no expert but I can advice that since the oil was changed 4,000 kms earlier there is no need to get it changed unless the oil change was done 12months ago or more.

Most petrol engines running synthetic oil needs an oil change in 10000kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
Hope this helps
Thanks for your helpful advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks