Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 23:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Aveo, Tucson, Embera and even Terracan also has/had Hankook tyres. I think they should be much better than JK Elanzo, hawkz or even Duellers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Petes on this thing will make it insane
i know u must have calculated, Please put up the bhp/torque figures..
Will it be faster than Swift D.???????

Last edited by kpzen : 31st December 2007 at 00:05.
Old 31st December 2007, 00:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed that the rear looks absolutely pathetic. Also the interiors quality doesnot look like a 20L car by any standards. Even with the diesel engine its going to be a tough task to beat the CRV in terms of sales since the car losses out on the desirability factor as compared to the Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
i know u must have calculated, Please put up the bhp/torque figures..
Will it be faster than Swift D.???????
KP Bhai It will cetainly faster then a Swift D, but i doubt it will be faster then a Getz CRDi with Petes. Approx i think 175bhp and 36KGM, hehe.
Old 31st December 2007, 12:25   #48
BHPian

the chevrolet captiva is an AWD like the CR-V or the Tuscon.....the vehicle has very good torque and performance.... i have driven this car in Uk and except for the fact that on the motorways the engine sound is a bit loud .. its a great vehicle...... VCDi in GM terms stands out for Variable Geometric turbo Comman Rail Diesel Ignition...... This a Optra Magnum engine with a VGT and different engine mapping.....GM has made a very good product to scare the CRV of its throne.....
Old 21st January 2008, 16:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
KP Bhai It will cetainly faster then a Swift D, but i doubt it will be faster then a Getz CRDi with Petes. Approx i think 175bhp and 36KGM, hehe.
Was looking up the PSI site, not sure they have a box for this one, yet - link

Peter, when is the box coming?
Old 21st January 2008, 16:51   #50
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
the chevrolet captiva is an AWD like the CR-V or the Tuscon.GM has made a very good product to scare the CRV of its throne.....
its an AWD abroad, but here its a pure FWD
it should be a great car. saw it at GM motors here. brilliant fit and finish, great ergonomics,plenty of space,monster of an engine. would have picked it up in a flash if it was atleast rear wheel drive. its that good.
but now, in its current avatar, it cant even be called a soft roader.
apparently, the great car buying public of our country voted not to put 4WD in it during the chevy customer surveys. I find it hard to believe that. this is pure cost cutting.

and the tucson can lock into 4WD under 40kmph. not sure about the CRV

Old 21st January 2008, 17:41   #51
BHPian

Hey, great pics. Some how the new golden GM logo puts me off. The interiors are ordinary. I think like the RAV4, even the 4wd version is computer controlled and only comes in when it detects slip so you can't control it like in the Vitara.

The prices are the higher side but if most manufacturers are pricing at premiums I don't expect other manufacturers to price low for similar products. The Vitara is an exception. I think Sante Fe will be the one to watch for in diesel. Its decent looking and performs well.
Old 21st January 2008, 19:42   #52
BHPian

Captiva and Santa Fe can't compare looks-wise with CRV.

BTW GM has put a comparison of maintenance costs on their site for Captiva (similar to what they have for Magnum).

But 20L OTR price sticker, is just too much.

Also Santa Fe has very similar build quality as compared to Captiva. I dont think Hyundai can launch it at 8.5L.
Old 22nd January 2008, 03:40   #53
BHPian

Chevvy Captiva

Hey all, exterior looks similar to the foreign models. The interior is disappointing. One of our common pal performed a comparative test between the Santa FE, Captiva and CR-V. The review concluded with the Santa FE being the best. It must be added that the test was outside India. And, we read that Captiva will be launched in yet another variant with all expected features and priced around 20ls.
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:14   #54
BHPian

Any details abt the real parents of Captiva, i mean like the forester-subaru, tavera-isuzu panther, optra-x daevo nexia connections.

Note from Moderator - Please type out your posts properly and use only one comma at a time,,,, not like this,,,

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2008 at 21:17.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:24   #55
Team-BHP Support

Finally managed to get a TD of the captiva. I was going down Kasturba road and decided to drop into Sundaram Motors.

The Capty was parked outside itself and looked pretty imposing amongst the sparks, aveos and taveras. Went inside the showroom and was greeted by only lady saleswomen. Asked her for details about the car and she told us to come outside and see the car. Went out and the car was locked. She said she would get the keys and come. Waited outside for nearly 15 mins with no sign of the lady. My dad threatened to leave and she apologised. Later we found the keys were with the security guard itself.

Interiors of the car look good with soft touch plastics all round. Somehow but it just doesn't feel luxurious, not worthy of a 21L car. The middle row is very comfy with ingress and egress very easy. My dad was able to get in and out very easily. The 3rd row is just to show it's a 7 seater. There is no way any adult even 4feet tall can fit in there. Strictly for kiddies.

The TD car had done 400kms and was used as a showroom piece since january. As a result the 2 cubbyholes were broken and the electric seats had stopped working and were stuck in the forward most position. I cannot comment on the driving position as I was struggling with the seats too far forward. The lady gave the usual claim that it was a demo/TD car and had been abused.

Started her up and found the diesel clatter to be on the higher side but vibrations were very well damped. Light clutch and began to reverse her out of the parking. Looked back and voila what do I see, nothing. The rear visibility is so bad with the C-pillars blocking the view completely coupled with the small rear windscreen.Anyways took her out with the guards help onto the road.

The performance in the midrange is astonishing. Beyond 2000rpm she just takes off. The torque steer is crazy when turning in that rev range. Below 2000rpm is no great shakes but not that bad for cruising in slow moving traffic. The low end is acceptable as you make up for all the time lost when you touch 2000rpm. But the gears oh the gears are a total show stopper. Ever so notchy with a long throw and imprecise. I never got 2nd gear slotted in the first time.

The handling was surprisingly good with not much body roll but I didn't push it much, just around cubbon park. The ride wasn't so great at slow speeds, very bumpy and you could feel every irregularity of the road. As you pick up speed the ride does get better though.

Overall the car was a mixed bag. With a good engine marred by the gearbox. Interiors were good but not worth the price tag. Features were good with the climate control, trip computer with compass, power seats(non-functional) and all safety features as well but this car needs parking sensors at the rear.

I was planning on picking this one up but after this TD along with my dad he has refused to shell 21L for this soft roader. He says the ride isnt great, the gearbox aint great and the interiors are not 21L car worthy. I tend to agree with him.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Viddy if you want to spend 20 odd lacs on a diesel, I suggest you test drive the Passat. I had a look at this car when I went to td a Spark for a friend. Wasn't impressed by either the exterior or the interior.
Old 16th April 2008, 23:40   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Viddy if you want to spend 20 odd lacs on a diesel, I suggest you test drive the Passat. I had a look at this car when I went to td a Spark for a friend. Wasn't impressed by either the exterior or the interior.
It ain't so bad neither is it good. Like I said a mixed bag. I guess when your putting down 20 big ones you just expect so much more.

Next inline to TD is the passat and the A4.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:12   #58
BHPian

Overpriced

I GUARANTEE that this will be sold for 15 lacs within a 6 month time frame. From what I can see, the car is lackluster and overpriced for what it offers.

Chevy is infamous for overpricing initially and then offering discounts after the initial sales rush has ended.
Old 17th April 2008, 00:12   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack33 View Post
Any details abt the real parents of Captiva, i mean like the forester-subaru, tavera-isuzu panther, optra-x daevo nexia connections.
Father is Daewoo and Mother is Chevy. Brother is Suzuki XL7.

Daewoo developed this platform and the first product is the Daewoo Windstorm. Suzuki got a version of the platform to launch the XL7. There is also a chevy derivative from the same platform.
Old 17th April 2008, 11:33   #60
BHPian

18 lakhs should have been at the most - for a fully loaded version with 4WD, AT with shifters, sun roof, cruise control , high end 12 speakers music system. Even Captiva this is getting off my radar now since, there are only news about AT version since Feb 07 and till date just news and no action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks