Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 14:15   #1
BHPian

L for Lamborghini

Super cars are engineered to push the speed limit to the max. Tuner cars are primarily directed to family members or ones who cannot afford a supercar and are slightly economical in thoughts but still love speed like Evo FQ400; I can reveal what Q in the FQ means – Quick (you decide on what the “f” stands for). But, there is another division between these classes. Nope, you are wrong. They aren’t meant to be tad more luxurious than a Lada and slightly slower than an F-16. They are orchestrated for those who wanna loop round the life-filled orb in h-Uge, flamboyant, uproarious style. L for Lamborghini and L for Lunacy.

Hyper cars – started and ruled by Lamborghini. I was disappointed with Gallardo as it was very much Audish. Yes, I am aware of sensible Audis’ taking over Lambos’. But, as I have mentioned earlier in my article titled “Protocols” that there are a few things that better stay the way they are supposed to be. Like, Superman always being on the good side. It was in the 1936, when both Italians and Germans worked together which ended in a rather displeasing manner. Similarly, the Gallardo was very sensible (German) but didn’t fit the description of a hyper car. It handled well, looked good, and sensibly priced BUT WASN’T QUICK ENOUGH. Then, came another disappointment from Audighini – Murcielago and LP640. Nope, this was rather quick (Italian). Where the Gallardo was good at handling, this one was appalling in handling. Trust me; amputation of a leg would be easier. So, both weren’t completely in essence a Lamborghini. But, then came along Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. And, my GOD, it is astonishingly impressive!!!

This ’07 Hyundai Accent sized Lambo is an aluminium-made convertible with anti-roll, dive and squat suspensions. It has a 5 litre, V10, 520HP engine and has three inter-cooler systems; 2 radiators, engine-oil cooler and gear-box rear differential cooler; obviously there to aplomb the raging bull. And, yes this one has a functioning useful air-con too. The car looks very pretty – electric hood up or down. Especially if you have it in grey with the wheels dark and bright orange seats, you are undoubtedly going to attract car freaks. They also claim it to be silent. Yea right!!! I will grate my finger if you could drive this silently. By any means if you rev the car above 3000 – 3500 RPM, it is going to stop woofing and start barking. The safety measures have been taken rather seriously; anti-roll bars are tested to come into action in an event that demands so. And, there are sat. navigation systems provided. It can be driven as an everyday car as its’ nose can be raised up in case of speed bumps and is small enough to handle well. But, this is in case you don’t opt for a floppy paddle gear box. I cannot imagine reverse -parking in it. Unlike the earlier Lambos’, this one allows you to see where you have been; rear vision. The car doesn’t come with a phone and iPod connectivity. Anyways, you cannot hear a thing because of the orchestral sound playing inches near you in allegro. So, there you go, it is sensible, isn’t it? But, my most favourite thing about this car is its madness. It does behave like a bull. I won’t say it is hard to handle. Instead, it has a twitch of understeer and oversteer making it fun to simulate. It will take you 120kph in 4 seconds with a top speed of 380ks’ without a supercharger or a turbo. The stubborn rear spoiler which hoists to warn everyone of speeding cannot be over-ridden; damn it. Umm… is that enough asks D2? Yes, it is. Cause, it comes with loads of fun in package.
Lamborghinis’ are different from other serious fast cars equipped with complicated traction control systems by only one major factor – rabidness. It plays with the driver. In other super cars, it would take some time but then one could master controlling it and could predict the cars’ behaviour. But, this raging bull loves surprising. It will take a lifetime to understand this car. It is unpredictable though controllable. It is a matador.

This optionally bald car is a perfect blend of Italian and German minds – Pizza made with Sauce Allemande. Yes, one can go for an exquisite serious F430, a tighter in corners car – Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe and have killer looks in an Aston Martin DB9 for the same price range - USD2,06,000; if you like madness=excitement, get this car instead. Clarkson (car journalist) claims driving a Ferrari with a serious expression but the Lambo with a crazy face. I believe Late Ferruccio may want to change his favourite car from Ferrari to this one in “The Great Book of Lamborghini”.

WARNING – Women believe Lambo’ owners are shallow. But, I guarantee you will be irresistibly looked at.
Old 29th December 2007, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Brosreview,

What is this ? Is this a test drive you undertook or you are posting about your newly acquired Lambo ?

On the face of it, this appears to be an article from a publication. If that is indeed the case, you should quote the source and post it in different forum. This one is meant for test drive and initial ownership experience.
Old 29th December 2007, 17:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

I think Bros wrote it here as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks