Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:44   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Fabia is going to come in four different variants as opposed to three that we all know before.
I think Skoda are closing browsing team-bhp and when they read somewhere on the site that a expensive hatch wont do, they thought of the Active Varaint.

Thanks Iraghava for the detailed information about tires.
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:19   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
i. Power windows
ii. Single CD/MP3 audio player with double size fascia
iii. Auxiliary audio input

No power windows?
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:39   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess that's a relatively expensive fitting, so an easy way to get a lower price.

One can live without them, although I don't like to.

Total control over ventilation is pretty essential in this country, and, if you drive by yourself much and need to ask directions, it is a pain not to be able to lower the passenger window quickly and easily.

The other end of the same argument is the sunroof: as someone ha already mentioned, this is an expensive fitting that, through much of India, will see little or no use.

I think I might like to open it sometimes, but I can already hear the complaints from my wife, who, regardless of which direction we're going in, always seems to be on the sunny side of the car!
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:08   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I guess that's a relatively expensive fitting, so an easy way to get a lower price.

One can live without them, although I don't like to.
Now thats a 'premium hatch' alright! IMO, power windows are basic stuff which should be there!
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I think Skoda are closing browsing team-bhp and when they read somewhere on the site that a expensive hatch wont do, they thought of the Active Varaint.
I also have the same feeling that they are closely watching this website and getting their act together.
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Now thats a 'premium hatch' alright! IMO, power windows are basic stuff which should be there!
Does the Swift has any variant without Power Windows and Audio system? I am wondering they may be trying to do this to compete with some other hatch like Swift, Getz etc.
Old 3rd January 2008, 01:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Nice report Zak.

I believe the car would be a success. Skoda anyway would not be looking at SwiftD volumes. But they'll surely create a niche hatch segment. In a way it's good for the Punto and the Jazz. The Fabia will have created a segment for premium hatches which they can then tap into.
The premium hatchback segment doesnt exist in India per say. If we look at it this way, an average Indian family wants the comfortable 5 seater with enough luggage space, hidden away (read the boot). Luggage within the passenger compartment is something we are not very comfortable with (is it because we love travelling with lot of luggage, we prefer luggage out of sight, the security of a lockable boot? one never knows). This coupled with the percieved bigger snob value of a saloon, over a hatchback, seals the deal for these premium hatchback segment.
Old 3rd January 2008, 02:00   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Swift has any variant without Power Windows and Audio system? I am wondering they may be trying to do this to compete with some other hatch like Swift, Getz etc.
The Lxi and Ldi variants of the Swift dont have power windows and no version of the Swift comes with Audio System as standard.

Its better to have no audio system then a crappy one
Old 3rd January 2008, 06:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
The Lxi and Ldi variants of the Swift dont have power windows and no version of the Swift comes with Audio System as standard.

Its better to have no audio system then a crappy one
That explains the reason for the Active variant of Fabia by Skoda. May be they want to target some of those folks by keeping the price around the Swift.
Old 3rd January 2008, 07:10   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does the Swift has any variant without Power Windows and Audio system?
It doesn't. And thats the whole point.

My friend bought a Swift LDi, and went for aftermarket power windows, and they look so cheap! () That is not someone would want from a premium hatch like the Fabia.

Else the Active variant should be priced in striking distance of the Getz.
Old 3rd January 2008, 07:20   #101
BHPian

If they are selling different variants with big price difference then one needs to think about buying the higher-ends variants. How people recognize a variant that is lets say 8.5 Lacs (higher end) from the lower end (5 Lacs)

The 8.5 Lacs variant can be looked at as 5 Lacs cars in the public since not many people know whats in the car. So this might keep the customers who are planning to buy for the snob value.

Last edited by skmami : 3rd January 2008 at 07:25.
Old 3rd January 2008, 11:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

If they launch the Active varint at a very good price, then expect Fabia Taxi's around town.
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
If they launch the Active varint at a very good price, then expect Fabia Taxi's around town.

I was talking my dad this morning and he said the exact same thing.
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:25   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift and Indica are a bit of a joke as far as luggage space is concerned, only really suitable for a couple travelling, then the rear seat can be put down. This is the case with all small hatchs.

But, smaller or larger, it is this flexibility which is the selling point of a hatch. In a previous incarnation I did computer installations, and my company Golf could be filled up, like a van, with an astonishing amount of stuff --- much, much more than an equivalent sized saloon. Even a big saloon with a cave-like boot is very hard to load individual large items, even if the seats can be put down.

If Skoda does follow this thread, perhaps they'd like to send me some cash for this marketing hint
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:00   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I also have the same feeling that they are closely watching this website and getting their act together.
How come they can act so fast by reading this thread?

I feel, Skoda wanted to attact Swift/Getz, but didn't want that to leak out until the last moment- to build up the premium hatch hype!

Most Viewed