Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 21:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Finally! The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer!

Hello everyone..

Some of you might recollect an earlier thread of mine,where I mentioned how things have not been on track with respect to the 2004 Kia Optima I bought in May '07. The resale value dropped quite a bit,making it impossible to refinance the loan. Hence,I decided to trade the Kia in and get my wife something new!..

After a fair amount of research,I narrowed the search down to the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer.I had test-driven the GTS version,complete with the 650-watt Rockford Fosgate System,the paddle shifters et al. I loved every bit of the Lancer,and decided to wait for a while before making any decision.

So over the Christmas weekend,we ended up getting the ES version,since my wife wouldn't particularly use the paddle shifters on the GTS version. The only thing she wanted was a navigation system & the Bluetooth system on the new car,so it made it pretty easy to decide what to get.

The particular car we saw had the Rockford Fosgate system,and the 650 watt punch is something out of this world! There's a 10" subwoofer in the boot that gives the boost to all kinds of music. Also,the navigation package has a 30GB music server,allowing over 1200 songs to be stored on the system. Every time a CD is inserted in the player,the songs get recorded automatically. Its pretty cool feature,and with DVD compatibility,its a real good feature. With auxillay inputs for an I-Pod or PS2,long drives are something to look forward to.

The engine is the same on all three versions (DE,ES & GTS)- a 2.0L MIVEC engine that puts out 152bhp. Peppy,and a little on the noisy side when you get started,but begin cruising and its one silent engine.I needed to keep my eyes on the speedometer,to make sure I wasn't going too fast. I ended up in the 70-80mph range most of the time!

Did around 150 miles y'day,and the average gas mileage was around 31mpg! Thats much better than the Kia's 23-25mpg with its V6. Since my wife is going to be doing close to 70miles a day on her commute to work,the Lancer's mileage will come in handy.

Some of the other goodies on the car- 6 months of free Sirius Satellite radio, tire pressure monitoring system,an auto-programming system that tells you when to get the car serviced,and allowed the technician to enter all details on the MCS [Mitsubishi communication system]..

Overall,the Lancer has a lot of stuff on it for ~ $20k. Most of these features are found on luxury cars on the other side of $30k.

I haven't had a chance to take detailed pictures of the car. Hope to do so tomorrow. These are some of the ones taken yesterday..

More pics of the ICE/navigation and the engine bay later..

Here's wishing everyone a Very Happy New Year. May 2008 bring you good health & the best of times..

Enjoy!

Nitin
Old 31st December 2007, 21:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase! The feature list sounds impressive.

Second 2008 Lancer on the forum after the OTHER Nitin (nitinbhag) bought his GTS in Singapore!

I'm sure you will have a very Happy New Year!

Last edited by Steeroid : 31st December 2007 at 21:24.
Old 31st December 2007, 21:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Congrats on the purchase! The feature list sounds impressive.

Second 2008 Lancer on the forum after the OTHER Nitin (nitinbhag) bought his GTS in Singapore!

I'm sure you will have a very Happy New Year!
Thanks,Steer. Co-incidence that I got a Lancer too,like nitinbhag.
Old 31st December 2007, 21:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome !! To be honest, this car has a certain charm. Even without the feature list, I would buy it blindly !! It looks fab and it has the Lancer badge

Congrats Nitin !! Am going to be following your thread closely, but you better post more pics to keep us happy .

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year !!
Old 31st December 2007, 21:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Awesome !! To be honest, this car has a certain charm. Even without the feature list, I would buy it blindly !! It looks fab and it has the Lancer badge

Congrats Nitin !! Am going to be following your thread closely, but you better post more pics to keep us happy .

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year !!
Absolutely Nikhil...I'll make sure I have some good pics by tomorrow.

One of the reviews I read up before getting the car,mentioned how the styling of the Lancer works- front has a slight Volvo look,the sides have the Acura TL effect & the rear looks like an Alfa Romeo.

Old 31st December 2007, 22:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

WOW! Nice car! Congrats!

Hope this would make it to India soon. Would have loved to see an EVO badge too.
Old 31st December 2007, 22:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
WOW! Nice car! Congrats!

Hope this would make it to India soon. Would have loved to see an EVO badge too.
I've got my eyes on the Evo.I'd love to get one for myself.
The dealership I got the Lancer from,told me that they'll have an Evo in the showroom on the 15th of Jan..so I'll go over and test drive the Evo. Expect a review by the 20th,if all goes well.
Old 31st December 2007, 22:51   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I've got my eyes on the Evo.I'd love to get one for myself.
The dealership I got the Lancer from,told me that they'll have an Evo in the showroom on the 15th of Jan..so I'll go over and test drive the Evo. Expect a review by the 20th,if all goes well.
Lucky dog !!

I would love it even if the normal Lancer made it's way to India with the MIVEC.

What are the approx 0-100 and top speed figures for the 2 litre MIVEC ?
Old 31st December 2007, 22:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

That is one super hot looking lancer. Man I can't get over the looks of that car. looks like a shark waiting to attack it's prey.

beeyooootiful.
Old 31st December 2007, 23:23   #10
BANNED

Beautiful car! With a great heart inside. Why don't they launch it here?
Mivec engined petrol version and a 2.2ltr diesel one.
Old 1st January 2008, 00:35   #11
BHPian

Nice car...
does the front looks a bit like the Volvo
Old 1st January 2008, 04:59   #12
BHPian

The car looks HOT!!
Anyone notice some similarity with the below image of the Jag

Anyways what is that CAR POOJA ONLY sign board in the pic?
Old 1st January 2008, 06:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Zak,I'm pretty sure the Lancer will be introduced sometime by 2009.After the Cedia,the Lancer will have quite an impact on the Indian auto market.

The Lancer takes close to 9 seconds to get to 60mph. 60-0 mph takes 118ft.
Old 1st January 2008, 07:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Nitin! That's an awesome car!

Looks like this New Year is indeed a happy one for you, huh? Enjoy!
Old 1st January 2008, 10:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

That is one wicked looking Lancer Nitin. Congrats!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks