Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2008, 00:35   #1
BHPian

My first car - an OHC 1.5

When i was contemplating buying a car, i did a lot of reading on our forum to decide on a make and having read rave reviews about OHC VTEC, i thought i should give it a try.

In two months time though, i realised it is indeed very difficult if not impossible to find a good VTEC in the city - somehow people who bought OHC in kolkata mostly bought the 1.5 or the 1.3.

I visited the two authorized honda dealers in the city, called up countless used car dealers, waded though all newspaper auto classifieds, posted an 'wanted VTEC' advertisement on the newspaper and waited for another 2 months hoping to get a response from any of the sources but i ran out of luck. I did come by 2 VTECs, but they were not in good shape and did not meet the cut. I realised i should better make a compromise and also consider 1.5s.

To cut a long story short, after 6 months and no less than 20 cars, having spent a fortune as fee to a honda technician whom i hired for inspecting vehicles and successfully dodging dishonest used car dealers, i zeroed on to a black 30K run 1.5 Exi which seemed to have been maintained properly.

on Dec 6, i got her home and since then i am wasting no opportunity to drive her around.

Here are 2 pics. I will be uploading better pics in the Garage! Rudra da might like to give me some tips on how to take better pictures of cars

dhiman
Old 1st January 2008, 12:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

well done...good choice...i too searched for a vtec and ended up sparingly used 1.5. perfect time to boost..and enjoy.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Finally. Your patience paid off. Congrats Dhiman. Now, its time for some basic mods and ICE!! Now that you have your OHC, guess we'll be seeing you at our meets.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:21   #4
BHPian

wow .. that city is shiny !
well maintained car you got buddy.
Congratulations on the buy !!
Old 1st January 2008, 12:46   #5
BHPian

welcome to the club dhiman
to enjoy this car keep that rev counter above 4K
you also might want to consider some initial mods like FFE, performance air filters etc.
high wattage 90/100 halogens like philips blue vision or diamond vision(white light) would also be a good idea.
also make sure you get those fuel injectors and spark plugs cleaned up. Throttle body cleaning is also essential.
Enjoy and congrats.
Old 1st January 2008, 13:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats City looks almost brand new, fantastic car & hats of to you for the patience while searching.

Add some stage one mods and ICE and you ll love the car even more.

How much did the Honda technician charge to check one car?
Old 1st January 2008, 13:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

City is one good car. One of the best vehicle given out by honda in india.
Old 1st January 2008, 16:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

i suggest to use philips extreme vision (H4). As i use the same bulbs in my car. Advantage is they are normal wattage bulbs and throw more light...so cool vision. there are couple of people here who can vouch for the bulbs. to compare, it provides better vision than that provided by 90/100 bulbs on my another car.
Old 1st January 2008, 16:25   #9
BHPian

i personally use philips bluevision 90/100 bulbs and to be honest there is not a daylight difference over the stock bulbs but still it provides better light than stock. I first changed my stock bulbs to philips crystal vision which provides pure white light with normal wattage but i was not happy with the light throw so i upgraded to bluevision which is very decent and although its not pure white but illumination is good.
i havent seen or experienced philips extreme vision and do they provide white light?
however i must agree that its always better to use normal wattage bulbs if they provide significance gain over stock lighting as it would not harm the reflectors and no extra setup is required.

mods...sorry for going off topic.
Old 1st January 2008, 18:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new OHC dhiman. I am glad you found a very well maintained car. My search for a 1.5 AT took 2 months as well but I finally got it. Keep updating this thread regularly.

And welcome to the OHC club
Old 1st January 2008, 18:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dhiman on your new ride. Guess you got a perfect new gift for the new year.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the purchase. Car looks well maintained alright!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
Rudra da might like to give me some tips on how to take better pictures of cars
Me too want!
Old 1st January 2008, 22:58   #13
BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the nice words!
I will go slow with the performance mods - i am new driver and even in stock form the car is mighty fast for me!

It already has some basic ICE set up - a 10 cd changer blaupaunkt installed in the boot mated with a C51 beach blaupaunkt HU and 4 speakers - no subwoofers.

BUSA - the honda technician used to take 600 bucks on a official call to inspect a vehicle. Later on i used to hire a honda technician unofficially at half the price.

If any OHC user has a scanned copy of the user manual, please pass that on to me.

Dhiman
Old 2nd January 2008, 00:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dhiman! Need a meet now.
Old 2nd January 2008, 00:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
If any OHC user has a scanned copy of the user manual, please pass that on to me.
I might very soon have a spare manual of the OHC. If I do, I'll be glad to pass it on to you.

Congrats on the new car! Changed the tyres yet?? How old are they??

Most Viewed