Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:34   #16
BHPian

I gotcha Prajesh !!!.

But unless people takes the steering position, they can never make out its wolf. And they always ignore my Kencha as a sheep instead. So better to tell everyone very LOUD that I am one heck of a "beastiest WOLF " !!!.

I had to convince hard to my colleague from Kolkata(not a car geek) that its diesel car not a petrol which he was thinking after driving. He owns 2003 Indica D and man he was so pissed off after driving Kencha.Now changed his mind to buy the modern CRDi diesels again this year.

cheers
Anju
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:03   #17
BHPian

Guys,

Do you suggest to go for extended warranty(3rd year/4th year) offered by Advaith/Hyundai ?
Is it good or bad. Could someone educate me onpros and cons of extended warranty ?

Cheers
Anju
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:15   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. I beleive it's better if you opt for extended warranty which certainly releives you of some headaches.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Guys,

Do you suggest to go for extended warranty(3rd year/4th year) offered by Advaith/Hyundai ?
Is it good or bad. Could someone educate me onpros and cons of extended warranty ?

Cheers
Anju
I have taken the 3rd/ 4th year extended warranty from Trident for Rs.7400 recently as I intend to keep the car for long term. It would be cheaper if you taken it within 90 days.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Guys,

Cheers
Anju

Extended warranty is always preferable lest you'd like the company to throw up its hands after the extremely shorted standard warranty duration. There's an article here that explains the merits of an extended warranty.
Old 7th January 2008, 04:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Anju

You didn't get my point. Why show ppl that u have a stonker of an engine in your car, instead remove the CRDi n let it be like a Getz Petrol from outside.
Perfect WOLF in a sheep's clothing...cheers:
Nice One... A Petrol Getz overtaking skodas, accents, sx4s, swifts, fiestas, cities, corollas with a zooooooooomm. and let people discuss about the Getz. Wooohaa!! good one kpzen cheers:

Hey Anju congrates on this beast dressed in a babe's dress. hehe install pete's box on your getz and enjoy the show.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:14   #22
BHPian

Hey Anju - Congrats man, nice review and cool car u got

Sad, Getz CRDi is not getting the attention it deserves. is it true that the face lift GETZ is the actual i20 that's supposed to hit the indian roads this year??? i wonder what's still keeping hyundai from providing ABS on the getz CRDi they have given it for the Petrol version.

cheer's,
sajan.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the new getz anuj, i too wanted the beast buy settled for swift DDiS at last! congrats once again! do wax and polish the car once in every 3 months, the red would look blazing just like my RED accent viva CRDi
Old 7th January 2008, 13:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Anju. Thats a stonker you have there.

ps - Did Busa tell you something about "Peteing" ?? If he hsan't - I am
Old 7th January 2008, 13:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Angu.I too plannned to buy GetZ Crdi by this month.But little dilemma between Getz and Swift.I am keenly want to know the braking efficiency of GetZ.As we know,It has very powerful engine.How was the brakes response till date in ur car?Have u tried to reach > 120Kms/hr ?how was the handling?will the tyre upgradation is a must?
Old 7th January 2008, 17:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! Good to see your finally posting about Kencha

Be careful whose behind the steering of your baby because this is one hell of a power packed hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
As we know,It has very powerful engine.How was the brakes response till date in ur car?Have u tried to reach > 120Kms/hr ?how was the handling?will the tyre upgradation is a must?
For everyday city driving and as a family/transport car I would say the braking is just OK. Preferably you could upsize to 195/60/r14.

Performance standpoint the braking/tyres are insufficient. What I mean to say is if your very particular about handling, high speeds, braking etc this baby needs some amount of work and investment.

Anju hope you dont take offense here but Im just stating my opinion thats it. In no way am I taking away any glory from the CRDI (which it very much deserves!!)
Old 7th January 2008, 18:13   #27
BHPian

congratulations on the new car Anju. hope you enjoy every minute of it

i've been dying to test drive this but the dealer is telling me he'll only get a car end jan or feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Performance standpoint the braking/tyres are insufficient. What I mean to say is if your very particular about handling, high speeds, braking etc this baby needs some amount of work and investment.
Anju, have you felt any shortfalls in handling/braking after the upgraded tyres (except for the lack of ABS)?
Old 7th January 2008, 19:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you should, even if you dont plan to keep the car for long, you can advertise the extended warranty at the time of selling. Though most Co. dont give the 2nd owners the benefit of the warranty.

Quote:
ps - Did Busa tell you something about "Peteing" ?? If he hsan't - I am
I didnot tell him, but since you are shocked then i think i should now

Get the car Peted Man, 130bhp and 27KGM, what else does one want.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:52   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase Anuj.

I have been trying for weeks for test drive this car, but no TD car with Mukesh Hyundai in Kolkata.

Please update us the braking with upgraded tyres and cost involved in the upgrade.
Old 8th January 2008, 08:56   #30
BHPian

First-
All you realise that Getz wheelbase(front/side) is more than Accent. Its Kerb weight is as much as a sedan.
So Getz is not really a small car, so 110 bhp mill is not strapped on small car like Alto or Spark or Santro.
I would say suspension is better than Verna.... So don't be frightened 110 BHP on Getz.

Braking/handling-

Got up in the morning(3 days atleast), took the car on outer ring road near Sarjapur junction, you'll get nice stretch of 1.4 kms till Bellandur junction where the first hump comes. And also after Kadubisanahalli to Marathalli- a stretch of 2 kms.(B'lore folks would know this)
110 km/hr to 0, car managed really well with abolutely no problem.
90 km/hr to 0- No problem.
Thats Y I say you got to drive it to believe it.

But note that, I have upgraded the tyre to 195/60 R14.
In many countries which have super fast highways this cars uses 175/65 R14(ABS is almost standard though).

I paid 9K more for new tyres for the exchange on stock tyre and Aura alloy 20K for set of 5 all with B&W.

After tyre upgrade, I felt ride is bit hard(may be 10-15 % more), though I am yet to test it thoroughly by sitting at the rear seat. May be Michlien would've been better option than Bridgestone Turanza ER60. My fate couldn't get them.

Thanks for input on warranty, I'll go for 4year extended W.

Cheers
Anju

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks