Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 16:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
NO OFFERS. I don't know how things are now. When I bought the vehicle, there was an offer for 20K.

PLease give some updates and service and F.E and any issues while using.
Went on a drive to Kanyakumari. The round trip (213 kms) drank only slightly less than 13 litres (@>16kmpl) - this at speeds around 80, and with the a/c on for about 50-60 kms, and a fair bit of driving within Nagercoil (People who have driven this route know what I would have gone through). This was just after my first reassurance check (not the first service)

I felt the gear is placed way back and you hit your elbow on the seat every tome you change the gear.
I have moved the seat back by a few inches, but even otherwise, I've never really had this problem of bumping my elbow against the seat. I find the positioning of the gearstick perfect... for me.

Overall "One-Derfull" car.!! Really liked it.
Me two.

The only drawback was the notchy gear and absense of rear wiper/defogger in the mid varient.
Gear is not as smooth as Getz, but once you get used to it (and I believe Maruti 800's owners would be quite pleased at the familiarity of the throw without the aggravation of the feel) Nowadays, I don't find this an issue at all... although I will probably have my mech look at it when I go for the service.

i THink they should have provided atleast a wiper.
I don't miss it... but I do miss the antenna they did not provide.

OT: Where are you. in tvm?
Yup...

Update on the FoC's: Talked to the manager who said that they would adjust the price of their mp3 player on offer against a spoiler and fog lamp kits, if I agreed to foot the rest of the bill. Did it, and I now have a body-colored spoiler (shown in pic) and fog lamps.
Old 6th March 2008, 19:27   #17
BHPian

hey chevyteddy

i recently recommended this car to a friend even though all and sundry were recommending the swift based on the service network. the roominess in the rear and the uniqueness on the road as well as the lack of a waiting period clinched it in the end. also the giugiaro design has held up reasonably well since the kalos days and is better than most things out on our roads. enjoy your car!
Old 6th March 2008, 19:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
And on a side note, I tried to under-drive (I assume that is the correct term - please confirm) it in the fifth gear. I went down to 10kmph... and then gradually accelerated back to 60 without any stalling or knocking. And no, I did not even touch the clutch. Not that I had trouble with my ole 800, but this kind of a range is amazing.
Cant be true for sure
10 kmph in 5th gear is way too low... if the car in question isnt a Cheevy Corvette Z06.
Old 6th March 2008, 20:51   #19
BHPian

Hey, the i10 Magna you took test drive of, the odo & speedo had been disconnected.
This just goes to show that how dealers are passing off test drive cars as new cars.
The !@#$%^.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

[quote=BUSA;678981]Good choice with the UVA. That car has much much better quality and space then the Swift, sadly GM didnot mark it well and overpriced it alot.

I agree with Busa. The UVA is overpriced. I mean the interior quality is also not upto the mark. I feel the facelifted UVA might sell in more numbers because i feel it looks better from front ( back is weird). and also interior is better in the new UVA . I hope they launch it before 4th Quarter
Old 7th March 2008, 06:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Cant be true for sure
10 kmph in 5th gear is way too low... if the car in question isnt a Cheevy Corvette Z06.

It may be true.......Because while test driving SPARK i tried to drive lower then 20-10kmph speed.(in fifth gear) ....car never stop......My old SWIFT was giving me some sound if I'm in 3rd gear or 4th and come below 10kmph speed... Thats the diffrent thing i found in spark and liked it.

Last edited by deadman : 7th March 2008 at 06:49. Reason: added "(in fifth gear)'
Old 7th March 2008, 11:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
It may be true.......Because while test driving SPARK i tried to drive lower then 20-10kmph speed.(in fifth gear) ....car never stop......My old SWIFT was giving me some sound if I'm in 3rd gear or 4th and come below 10kmph speed... Thats the diffrent thing i found in spark and liked it.
10 kmph @ 5th gear would mean that the rpm has to be lower than even the idle rpm. I dont think this is possible unless I see it myself.
Old 7th March 2008, 12:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
10 kmph @ 5th gear would mean that the rpm has to be lower than even the idle rpm. I dont think this is possible unless I see it myself.

yes, even i told to many....they also never trusted me...you check your self....test drive the spark and post your comments here...
Old 10th March 2008, 19:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
When we decided to upgrade from our ten-year old m-800, we shortlisted three vehicles - the i10, the Getz and the UVA. Anticipating your next question, here's why I did not opt for the
Hi Chevvy Teddy,

Congratulation on buying the UVA. The story goes thus, I also avaluated the points you did. However I did not try Getz or Palio. i10 is recent launch. My choice was between swift, Palio Stile and UVA.

I bought Icy Blue UVA LS in August 2007 and has already been 2nd service done. Never regreted the buy.

I would like to add a point, which you have probably forgotten. The braking, very crisp. I had brush of crash into a woman on highway (miidle of the road) at 120 kms speed. Brakes saved the women and us in car. Sturdy vehicle.

I won't hesitate to recommend UVA for any prospective buyer.

Have fun

Warm regards,
Dwarak

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th March 2008 at 19:40. Reason: Please Do Not quote the entire post
Old 11th March 2008, 13:23   #25
BHPian

Hi Chevvy Teddy

Can you tell me the mileage that you are receiving in your UVa. I was interested in buying an i10 but after reading your comments I will probably check out UVA too.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 30th March 2008, 11:21   #26
BHPian

UVA?
Dear UVA owners,
Could you please clarify my some of queries?
1. How is ASS?
2. Mileage in city and highways
3. Is maintenance costly as compared to Swift/Palio/Getz? If yes, how much?
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
UVA?

1. How is ASS? : General Motors, generally *** is good.
2. Mileage in city and highways : Mileage in city is between 11 - 12 kmpl and on highway with AC on you can even get 14- 15 kmpl.
: Swift is cheaper to maintain on long run but the body parts and spares are little expensive. Getz too I understand is cheaper on spares and services. UVA spares and maintenance are comparitively are little on higher side. Neverthless, UVA gives long haul trouble free.

Warm regards,
Dwarak
Old 9th April 2008, 18:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
UVA?
Dear UVA owners,
Could you please clarify my some of queries?
1. How is ASS?
2. Mileage in city and highways
1. Service depends on the place. I am not satisfied with the service in Bangalore. But in some other cities ( e.g. Trivandrum ) the dealer is good and that's the reason you can see more UVA in Trivandrum than in Bangalore.
2. I am getting around 12 in city and 15 in Highway ( my first service is due next month)
3. Now GM has a 0 maintenance offer as part of the 5 yr celebration. Apart from this UVA comes with a 3yr / 45,000 KM warranty.

Cheers
Arun
Old 15th April 2008, 01:00   #29
BHPian

Hi folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Can you tell me the mileage that you are receiving in your UVa. I was interested in buying an i10 but after reading your comments I will probably check out UVA too.
Regards,
Kailash
Sorry for the late reply...

I am currently getting about 15-16 kmpl post first service (not the reassurance check, but the first actual service where they change the oil filter) Mostly highway drives, @ 60-80kmph in fifth. Quite smooth, unbelievably silent. The reverse gear is still a bit of a bother, but the others are good.

And as dwaraka mentioned, the braking is a life-saver. Was going at 75 one day when an Alto braked in front of me - because the guy forgot his turn - and I had to brake hard because there was very little distance between us. I could hear the back wheels skid when I braked - but they did not skid to the sides. I got the feeling I never lost control of the car at all (although I know it's not my skill that saved me that day - it was Something Else)

As for the peppiness of the engine - it may not win the sprint race, but I've got a feeling it would have a podium finish in the marathon. When my cousins - and their Getz Prime 1.3 - visited me a couple of months ago, we took both the vehicles for a trip down to Cape. Chalk it down to both youth's acceleration and the vehicle's performance, but at no point did we feel the UVA slipping back. Even with the AC on, it stayed quite confidently around the 70-90 kph mark. Ended this trip with a mileage over 13 (regular fuel)

Another little anecdote - A couple of weeks ago, I drained my battery (must have left the lights on in broad daylight - I remember switching them on for signalling) and had to call GM's CustomerCare for assistance. In the meantime, I also went to their service centre which was just midway between my house and my office. The executive kept calling me to give me updates until the mechanic himself arrived - and then they said I could have it the next day as the battery would need to be charged completely.
But when I called them the next day, they said they wanted to be sure the battery was fully charged before signing off - and I told them I needed transport to my office. Expecting to have my car back, I had not requested for any cab service.
So what did they do? They sent me an Optra Magnum (with their execs in it, of course) and dropped me at the office. Talk about a luxury sedan... Now I know what my next car is going to be...
And in the evening, they dropped off my car. Battery fully charged. Free of cost.
Old 15th January 2009, 19:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

How is your U-VA doing after a year.
I've really enjoyed my car till this problem cropped up:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-my-u-va.html

Did you have any problems with your suspension shock absorbers.
As my car is under warranty the part will be replaced free of cost.
Besides this, my ride has been a dream.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks