Team-BHP - My New Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Formula Red
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My New Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 - Formula Red (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/34066-my-new-fiat-palio-stile-1-6-formula-red.html)

Guys,

Prelude :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-what-car.html

Delivery
I picked up the vehicle (KA- 05 MF - 1485) from Concorde Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore on 4th January 2008. The vehicle manufacturing date is somewhere around October or November 2007.

I had seen the vehicle at the Stockyard which showed an ODO reading of 30 KMS. I took a picture of the VIN plate and returned.

It was Friday around 5:15 when I went to take the delivery. The ODO was still showing 30 KMS, which means they had not plugged it in (the stockyard is a good 15 kms from the Showroom). Not to be bothered about trivial matters I went ahead with the delivery.

ICE & Accessories
Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 with GTX 693 speakers at the rear and Blaupunkt 5" speakers at the front. Had to shell out extra for the Hamburg model. Got a car cover and some basic accessories with the vehicle.

On Saturday, I got V-Kool K-14 Sun Film put. Also bought a Case Logic Visor CD holder and some decent car perfume.

First 250 KMS report
Its been hard to keep the revs below 2500 RPM. But once in a while there is a short burst taking the RPM to 3000 RPM.

Over the weekend took it for a spin to my friends farmhouse near Hosur (to and fro covered about 130 kms). All this I did with the AC on (as I had put the Sun Film on, was told not to pull down the windows for 48 hours). BTB its also the first time I got a warranty card for the V-Kool Film.

Mileage
The dealer gave me a coupon worth about 200 RS (roughly 3.8 lts of petrol) which I used at the time of delivery. By the time I covered around 25 kms the Yellow Warning light came on.

On Saturday I put in 1000 RS (19.19 lts - Speed) before I took it to my friends farm house.

Yesterday evenig the warning light came on again. The reading was 250. It has given me roughly 9.78 Kms to the Litre with 100 % A/C on in the running in period. Also, I never used to switch off during long signal intervals (some close to 3 minutes)

Then I came across a post in another forum to avoid using A/C in the running in period. From yesterday evening I have stopped using the same.

Current Day:
My Palio Stile 1.6 has a reading of 265 KMS. Will udpate more as and when time flies. The vehicle is a breeze, oodles of torque.

Weekend Plan - Suggestions Required
Am planning on a long trip Bangalore - Coimbatore - Ooty - ROAM AROUND - Ooty - Coimbatore - Bangalore. Doing this route cause the Gudalur route is messed up with craters and I want to avoid the Masinagudi route as this will tax the engine more.

Need suggestions
1) Max RPM / Speed on any gear
2) Useage of A/C
3) Plan to vary the RPM's while on a long stretch in the 5th gear. Any advice on this ?

Will update the post after the trip. My guess is the ODO should be showing about 1300 - 1500 KMS when I get back. Which means its time for its first service.

What a way to start the New Year .. Phew!!! Happy new folks. Keep the suggestions flowing.

Cheers!!!!
Vivek

Use the AC, no problems, just stick rpm below 3000, and you should be good
Varying rpm is a good idea. Vary between 2000-3000
On our highways its not a problem, as you seldom get a long clear stretch

Congrats once again Vivek. The first few days are really great when you are discovering different aspects of the Car. Its like Honeymoon. Live it up.cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINMAKER (Post 682476)
Need suggestions
1) Max RPM / Speed on any gear
2) Useage of A/C
3) Plan to vary the RPM's while on a long stretch in the 5th gear. Any advice on this ?

1. Simple thumb rule, at about 2000rpm shift to the next gear. In fifth 2000 rpm will take you till 80kmph. after that you enjoy.
  2. If you feel like it, use it. (even I get about 9.75 kmpl with 100% AC in the city)
  3. Shouldn't do any harm, as long as you know what you are doing.
Have fun on your trip over the weekend.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINMAKER (Post 682476)
On Saturday I put in 1000 RS (19.19 lts - Speed) before I took it to my friends farm house.

Would advise you to stick to regular petrol for the Fiat Palio.....the engine will perform better and you just might get a better mileage too.
Fiat itself recommends to use regular petrol for the Palio as the engine is not tuned to the 91-octane petrol which comes with additives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samirsarkar (Post 682921)
Would advise you to stick to regular petrol for the Fiat Palio.....the engine will perform better and you just might get a better mileage too.
Fiat itself recommends to use regular petrol for the Palio as the engine is not tuned to the 91-octane petrol which comes with additives.

That's correct...I have tried both petrols...The performance with normal is better than the premium..the FE improves and engine noise reduces...I don't know if anybody has observed this....That is just the feeling I am getting when I use regular fuel.

Many Congrats Vivek on your new Palio 1.6!

Enjoy driving!

i beg to differ
i have no tried all sorts of petrol in my stile 1.6 which by the way is a delight
and i got the best performance and fuel consumption when i used speed 97.
the performance different was'nt as much as the difference i got in fuel consumption and i know that in the manual it recommends unleaded but i felt otherwise

Congrats buddy. how much does Hamburg cost?

Thanks Guys,

Will stick to the normal petrol.

The Hamburg costs around 15k ... Speakers separate. In all around 22. The Hamburg fully integrates with your bluetooth enabled mobile handset, but the catch is the voice filters in through the speakers so privacy is not there.. It also has an Aux Input (Ipod etc).. and also has a USB interface..

Vivek

Congrats for the beautiful car...:)

Me too plannin to get my hands on it in few months..(1.6 sports)

However just a few doubts n queries....

1) I'll be using it for mostly weekend pupose for long drives and in daily travelling wd be max upto 20-25kms or less. So would it wise to go for this 1.6 ver or the upcoming 1.3 Diesel?
2) What all freebies should we expect from a Sub dealer....coz i'm not sure the main dealer like here in Navi Mumbai - Fortune, would give those freebies n discounts like the sub dealers. so heres my next qst then
3) Is it wise to for sub dealers or the main dealer - E.g. Fortune

This should help me clear my confusion n doubts!

Thanks n Cheers~:thumbs up

damm it they had driven my car around 80 kms......rain maker how long did they take to deliver your care........when did u see the car and when did you take delivery....now i am fearing whether they had used my car for TD.its carbon black

Palio is always a great car to own.had one 3years back but sold due to poor FE..the 1.6 it was.but some ppl says the new ones are tuned more towards FE resulting in less power.I dont know how far this is true but.

Congrats dude on your new ride. Its a great car. Enjoy the ride. The FE h as to be measured full tank to full tank. Otherwise thereading will not be correct.

Just couple of points as others suggested, during run in period do not cross 3000 rpm. You can use AC. On long drives, maintain at 80~100kmph. It will be around 2500~3000 rpm. The FE may increase about a km after the frist service.

Whatz the max speed you can actually take this Palio 1.6. Someone told me that it doesn't go beyond 155 KPH (rarely get this opportunity to drive at this speed in India but still....)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajandroid (Post 712100)
Whatz the max speed you can actually take this Palio 1.6. Someone told me that it doesn't go beyond 155 KPH (rarely get this opportunity to drive at this speed in India but still....)

That someone must have mistaken the Palio 1.6 for the previos 1.2. I am a sedate driver most of the times and the max I've taken the car to max 165 km/h on the expressway. The car had lots more to offer but I chickened out. The car can do 185 km/h officially in 4th gear, but there are people who have taken it to a speedo indicated 190-195 km/h.