Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 11:56   #1
BHPian

Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT - LX - Cycus Grey completed 1400 KM

I completed 1400KM + and all these are in Delhi traffic. I sent the vehicle for first service at 1100 KM to sterling motors Noida. Thank God I was not having any major problems except the sound when you turn your steering fully towards right or left and the workshop man agreed that it is same with all the Safaris and nothing to worry. I was aware of this from the forum but still i want to listen from him. So he told me to write this into the feedback book which they share with TATA.

They did not changed the engine oil and filter just top ups. I checked the manual it was masked with white ink in the service manual. I will be doing it voluntary at around 7500km.

They delivered it as promised by 3.30 PM. The cleaning was not upto the mark. i got a call from Tata motors for feedback and I told the same.

Now the experience I have till date. Oh man I am really enjoying it, its so easy to drive even in the Delhi traffic. The only issue is the small range in 1st gear but then it matter of getting used to it. its giving consistently 11+ average in Delhi traffic. i have 3 tank full till date and for first tank full it gave 11.4 and for 2nd tank full 11.6 all with normal diesel.

The best part i enjoy is at red lights when you start moving on green everyone sittinginside the Cars think that it is huge vehicle and cannot compete with them,, but they get so amazed with pickup, they can not believe it can move so fast. Put it in 3rd gear and no one can compete with it.
It is such a fantastic vehicle, ,if it gets bad name then only the TASS is responsible and the "BEAR" ( Beast + Car).

I can say for sure " I have Reclaimed my life".

And many thanks to this form, I bought the BEAR, only after becoming a member of this forum.
Old 10th January 2008, 16:31   #2
BHPian

I too have completed 1200+ Km and 70% of it in the city. Yes I too get a average of ~ 11 in the city. On the only one trip that I took out of the city I got an average of ~ 14.5+.

Though I have not given the others a run at the redlights (Pune traffic is very chaotic)but yes, the power does leave you awe-struck (especially when your earlier car was underpowered ).

YES - YES -YES -... I too vouch (100%) that I have reclaimed my life .

And YES a very BIG thanks to this forum and all its members especially all those who bought the BEAR before me and encouraged all of us to look at the +ve side and helped us to firm up our decision.
Old 10th January 2008, 17:21   #3
BHPian

Congrats for having memorable time with your safari. I too had my first servicing done at around 1100 KMs and i agree that washing was not up to the mark. But overall the service quality was good. I was attended by a Person Called RAJ. and he suggested me to go on normal Diesel. He even gave me an additive alongwith and asked me to use it with normal diesel. This additive is anough for 3-5 k kms.

Recently had a long trip on my safari and enjoyed the drive all along. The total trip was of 2000 Kms and it returned me an avearage of 13.5. However I was using premium diesel. The best I got was with Xtra Mile from Indian Oil.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...abu-delhi.html
Old 11th January 2008, 15:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
And many thanks to this form, I bought the BEAR, only after becoming a member of this forum.

I second that bruty. If it wasnt for this forum I wouldnt have bought the BEAR
I dont get tired if saying this but the car is wonderful, simply amazing.

The BS Motoring magazine has also given a very good coverage/ comments on the BEAR. I would be scanning and uploading the same in the Tata Safari 2.2 A Detailed TD Report
thread in a day or two.
Old 11th January 2008, 16:22   #5
BHPian

harjeev, its true that it was my dream but i never got the courage to go for it, because i always heard of issues with it, but its only after reading the person experiences of Bhpians on this forum, i went for it and I am not regretting. i am loving it
Old 11th January 2008, 17:59   #6
adc
Senior - BHPian

Approx 5000 km and with no issues [and that included a next day journey to North Bengal hills and forests over all kinds of roads] Safari 2.2 gives confidence as never before, more so as I now head onto a trip of Orissa that has been very less travelled [Calcutta-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Calcutta] this Jan 21.

The only issue if you may call so, is a punctured tyre - it does leave you sweating in a winter month. I had this yesterday with a huge nail stuck [LX Tube tyre]. But luckily the flat happened overnight and as such changed it in house itself. Looking for an electric jack, not finding out here in Calcutta, though got hold of an electric pump.

Last edited by adc : 11th January 2008 at 18:03.
Old 11th January 2008, 18:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Looking for an electric jack, not finding out here in Calcutta, though got hold of an electric pump.
Well, I hope you've got the trick of getting the jack lever in at the right angle - once that is done, its not that difficult apart from the basic effort of raising a 3 tonne beast of course!
Old 11th January 2008, 18:25   #8
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well, I hope you've got the trick of getting the jack lever in at the right angle - once that is done, its not that difficult apart from the basic effort of raising a 3 tonne beast of course!
In fact I timed the whole process of tyre change to see how I would do when I get a puncture while travelling on a highway - changed it in around 20/22 mts. For rear tyre puncture, there is a flat bed just behind the rear axle tube and the whole process of lifting was not that much effort. The effort is when you lift [though minimally] the fully inflated spare tyre onto those studs and also simultaneously alinging with holes. In fact also was worried that if I push harder or force it become align while pressing, may be the jack slips!!! - kept the old tyre as cushion at least so that the axle does not hit the ground. So may be deploy both the jacks [electric and manual] as a safety thing.
Old 11th January 2008, 18:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
For rear tyre puncture, there is a flat bed just behind the rear axle tube and the whole process of lifting was not that much effort.
I know, I had two rear punctures (luckily both times at Office) & once had to exert myself (the other time one of the office drivers did the job!). But the jack is a sturdy one & doesn't look likely to slip
Old 18th February 2008, 13:22   #10
BHPian

The Safari sure is a stunner.
Enjoy the BEAR, and drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks