Old 16th January 2008, 12:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice ride man , Congrats !

Black has always been sexy !
Old 16th January 2008, 17:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopOKgo View Post
Thanks crosscap. I dont even have a DL yet and I picked up driving just a couple of weeks back . I have driven the car only in the morning whn theres hardly any traffic. But the one thing I noticed is that the gearshift isnt smooth (compared to the driving school car). I dont know if its the same with all new cars! But the car has got many pros including the ability to soak up bumps & craters, ride quality, decent mileage & relatively few cars on the road.
Thanks stopokgo for your reply. I am also planning to buy a new car. This will be my first car in India. I am going to put palio in the shortlist. Did you choose 1.1 over 1.6 mainly for FE? Or are there any other reasons? I can not comment on the gearshift; there are quite a few experienced owners in this forum who can definitely help you. I shall keep an eye on this thread, as I have already become somewhat biased towards palio.
Old 16th January 2008, 21:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a lovely car. Palio is a great vehicle, and I always wanted one, Just got scared with the service issues earlier. Take care of her and hope you have a great time with that black beauty.
Old 16th January 2008, 21:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Hey Vinay, regarding the seat covers, you can also check out at Autoshop, Koramangala. If you are interested, I can give the contact no.
Sure, please pm me the number, will give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopOKgo View Post
Hey, i also bought from Manipal, K R Road & I was dealing with ur namesake. Basically, rather than taking the company discount of 22k during Dec, I took only 10k discount & told him to fit all the basic accessories + autocop + art leather seats + music system.
Btw, did u buy it from their Palace Road showroom?
Yes, me too, from KR road and dealt with Vinay as well, it was real fun Our Phone conversation would go something like this "Hi, Vinay! Vinay Here!" , good guy. Did they fit them for you at KR road or at hebbal, how is the fit and finish of the seats?
Old 17th January 2008, 18:12   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinaygv View Post
Yes, me too, from KR road and dealt with Vinay as well, it was real fun Our Phone conversation would go something like this "Hi, Vinay! Vinay Here!" , good guy. Did they fit them for you at KR road or at hebbal, how is the fit and finish of the seats?
yeah i agree with u. this guy was pretty well informed & kept giving me regular updates abt the status of shipment. The seats were fitted at their KRR showroom itself. The fit n finish are decent if u ask me.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:25   #36
BHPian

what do you guys think about the fiat service center, i mean which one is the best.....i feel concord on mysore road
Old 24th January 2008, 17:36   #37

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

congrats..palio looks gorgeous in black...
cheers!
Old 24th January 2008, 17:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

good car and nice color.i had a feeling that you had a nice buying experience.why dint you write that here.i have seen very few satisfied customers here.more people elaborate on cheating and misapropriation here.i feel the sales guy would feel great and motivated if you do put up a writing here and a better relation between you and him.
ram
Old 28th January 2008, 12:16   #39

buying experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
good car and nice color.i had a feeling that you had a nice buying experience.why dint you write that here.i have seen very few satisfied customers here.more people elaborate on cheating and misapropriation here.i feel the sales guy would feel great and motivated if you do put up a writing here and a better relation between you and him.
ram
Hi,

Thanks for reminding me. Was planning to post this for quite a few days. So here it goes --

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I approached all 3 Fiat vendors in Blore (Concorde, Prerana & Manipal) during the intial round of the enquiries.

I approached Prerana (Sarjapur Rd) first of all as it is very close to my office. The sales rep was pretty well informed & promised a good deal but then when I decided to visit them the second time, he disappeared. Many efforts to reach him on his mobile failed & I tried to call their showroom to find out his co-ordinates & they told me that he had taken ill n wouldnt be coming for a few days. I tried to strike the same deal with another sales rep but he wasnt willing to offer the additional discounts. So I dropped the idea of buying it from Prerana.

My next stop was Concorde (Hosur Rd). The sales guy although courteous didnt seem aggressive enough. Moreover, this being a Tata subsidiary, he wasnt willing to bend backwards to effect a Palio sale. He refused to even consider parting with anything other than basic accessories with the car. In addition, another reason I ruled it out was the fact that their service center is on Mysore Rd & I stay in Indira Nagar & it would hv been too much of a hassle. And out went Concorde.

I then walked into Manipal (Near Palace Grounds). Met one of their sales chaps (Mirajuddin) & also a finance guy. They were offering a decent rate of interest. But after the first round of negotiations, when I decided to revisit their showroom, this sales guy put me on to another chap (Omesh) & said tht henceforth, I will hv to deal with Omesh. For no logical reason!! Omesh was a nice persuasive chap & he readily fixed up a time for a TD. He drove all the way to Indira Ngr in a 1.6 but since i wanted a 1.1, we went to their showroom where a 1.1 was expected. But it didnt turn up on time and he dropped me back (reluctantly) at my house. He told me that he will get back with a 1.1 at the earliest possible date. I fixed an appointment for the next day at my office (outer ring rd). He came there in a brand new 1.1 slx grey which didnt look like a TD vehicle. Anyways, I told my friend (a veteran of 10 yrs with vehicles) to TD it & although he was less than impressed with the interiors & the power, I had decided to buy it.

All this took place around the 3rd week of December. Tata was offering prizes on scratch cards & it was valid only till 22nd. Omesh told me that it will be valid only if I book the car by 22nd. However, he called up the next day to inform that they didnt have a black in stock & would hv to be shipped from Ranjangaon. That way I also had to face delays n lose out on their 22k cash discount + scratch card. Rajan (a.k.a PatchyBoy) told me that I should speak to Vinay (Manipal, KR Road) as he could probably get me the same deal. I then decided to ditch Omesh n get in touch with Vinay. He was pretty good in giving follow ups after I paid the booking amount. He delivered the car within the date promised (Jan 10th). I still hvnt received my watch yet . Pretty satisfied wth the purchase & buying experience for a first timer like me was good. I would definitely recommend future buyers in Blore to approach this guy.
Old 17th March 2008, 20:06   #40

Hi,
Iam also planning for Palio 1.1-SLX-Black. Infact ihave already booked the car.Now my cousin after taking TD says it is very underpowered.So shall i go with Palio or not.Other options for me will be U-va(base model), Spark-LS or Wagon-R LXI.
Please advice me.Its an emergency.I have to take delivery of the vehicle within next week
Old 17th March 2008, 22:29   #41
BHPian

aknuil yes the 1.1 is underpowered but it does some decent topend... thing is it just doesnt have that punch ....if you compare it to a santro or i10 its much bigger and very comfy thats the biggest plus point and also the economy is pretty decent .......on the other hand you have the 1.6 its a beautiful car if you dont mindt he FE go for it you wont regret it ....it does give back a decent 10kmpl in city with ac and 12-13 on highways....running in is key...hope the info was useful

about the UVA i dont know much coz i ve never driven it ...i think its much better than spark and wagon r

Last edited by chetan : 17th March 2008 at 22:31.
Old 18th March 2008, 00:01   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknuli View Post
Now my cousin after taking TD says it is very underpowered.
Your cousin is right! The car would probably struggle to win a drag with an M800. However, its a fairly large and comfortable car for its price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aknuli View Post
So shall i go with Palio or not.Other options for me will be U-va(base model), Spark-LS or Wagon-R LXI.
IMHO, There are better cars than the WagonR available for its price. Since Stile 1.1 SLX is 3.8L ex-showroom, why not consider i10?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th March 2008 at 00:02.
Old 18th March 2008, 00:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

aknuli, that is not entirely true. It is decent, however, you must understand that the other 1.1s are nothing much to write homne about either. Move to the swift if you want performance.

TD and make up your own mind. Plus all that metal makes it a pretty safe car at that price. Unless you wanna go with the spark + airbag opt pack.
Old 18th March 2008, 09:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Your cousin is right! The car would probably struggle to win a drag with an M800. ..
I simply cannot understand this attitude towards FIAT from people who have never owned/driven a FIAT in their life. I am not sure if people just join the bandwagon and go about FIAT bashing. As educated people and members of a responsible forum, I would appreciate if people stuck to proven facts and not make comments based on hearsay.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 18th March 2008, 10:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

[quote=CrAzY dRiVeR;762073]Your cousin is right! The car would probably struggle to win a drag with an M800. However, its a fairly large and comfortable car for its price.

@ Crazydriver I guess its little harsh comparing it to the M800. If you have not driven it kindly do not comment on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks