Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 11:08   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I simply cannot understand this attitude towards FIAT from people who have never owned/driven a FIAT in their life. I am not sure if people just join the bandwagon and go about FIAT bashing. As educated people and members of a responsible forum, I would appreciate if people stuck to proven facts and not make comments based on hearsay.

Cheers,
Rajan
[quote=karanraheja;762332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Your cousin is right! The car would probably struggle to win a drag with an M800. However, its a fairly large and comfortable car for its price.

@ Crazydriver I guess its little harsh comparing it to the M800. If you have not driven it kindly do not comment on it.
Is the comment from crazydriver far fetched? I dont think so.

Overdrive 0 - 100 acceleration times:

Palio Stile 1.1 : 20.7 seconds
M800 : 20.8 seconds.

I'd say they are evenly matched. It all depends on which car has the better driver. But yes, the Palio Stile certainly feels sluggish to drive, unlike the peppy feel of the 800.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
But yes, the Palio Stile certainly feels sluggish to drive, unlike the peppy feel of the 800.
Yes GTO, but that is due to the body weight of Stile (more than a Ton).
However, it has decent power for city driving.
Old 18th March 2008, 11:30   #48
BHPian

[quote=GTO;762383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

Is the comment from crazydriver far fetched? I dont think so.

Overdrive 0 - 100 acceleration times:

Palio Stile 1.1 : 20.7 seconds
M800 : 20.8 seconds.

I'd say they are evenly matched. It all depends on which car has the better driver. But yes, the Palio Stile certainly feels sluggish to drive, unlike the peppy feel of the 800.
I guess this is the same magazine that claimed milage of 10.3 for the Palio 1.1, whereas all owners on this forum claim 13+ in the city.

Who would you trust?

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 21st March 2008, 21:02   #49

Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 TD

Hi
I once again took the TD of Palio 1.1 SLX.
Initially the car was not giving as much power as it should have in 1 & 2 gear. Then once it caught up the speed of 80/90 i had to slow down the car on hiway due to traffic.Then again in the same gear(4) i tried to accelerate more but the car simply didnt respond.I had to come down to the lower gear and then also it took considerable time to overtake a truck.
I dont know whether it is due to my driving style or what but i couldnt get the power feeling. iam now going for Wagon R (VXI)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks