Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Getz prime GLE 2700 kms report

Hello guys,

Due to a niggling spine, I was asked to reduce my two-wheeler usage
So i was on the lookout for a car last year.
My requirements were
Good legroom (So out goes Alto, Santro)
Decent ride quality
Hassle free ownership
More bhp was a bonus

My budget's upper limit was around 4.5 lacs. So the Swift and Getz were the major contenders. As immediate delivery was paramount, I decided to go with the Getz prime 1.1.

It was the initial days of the Prime, and getting freebies was virtually impossible.

Initial impressions: My cars colour is passion red and it is quite a looker, though a little sober compared to the Swift. The interiors are quite spacious with a good boot to boot.
But the dash is quite plane jane and some serious space is wasted in the upper part of the dash. The seats are quite firm, but lack in underthigh support. The windscreen is large and the driver has a good view of the road, except for the thick A-pillar which obstructs while taking turns. I have to peep out to see the road.

Though I had the impression that the Getz is relatively rattle prone, I have been hearing a rattle or two once in a while.

The engine is refined till 3k rpm, after which it pleads to upshift. Low end torque is nothing to boast about, especially in 2nd gear. downshifts to 1st are quite frequent in traffic. The A/c is average, when four people are seated.
The ride is really good and so my back has a good time. I cant comment on the handling aspect as I have not driven many other cars.

I did not expect much in fuel efficiency, neither has the car surprised me.
I get around 10kmpl in city traffic. Havnt had a chance to test the highway figure.
Overall I would give a six upon ten for the car.

Cheers
Rajiv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks