Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 19:38   #16
BHPian

jacobgeorge,Congrats on your purchase of the NHC ZX CVT. These days,with the increasing traffic,especially in BLR,auto trannys are a great boon! I've noticed there are a lot of auto tranny vehicles running around in BLR now,esp the Santro auto tranny variant. Do post up pictures of it.

Wishing you happy times driving through the KMs on the odo.

cya
A

Last edited by Absar : 17th January 2008 at 19:39. Reason: changed "miles" to "KMs"
Absar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 04:46   #17
BHPian

congrats

Congrats on your purchase. Please can you let me know if it is has the Alloy Wheels and Airbags.

Pictures would be nice.
Old 18th January 2008, 08:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
..Please can you let me know if it is has the Alloy Wheels and Airbags..
The NHC ZX CVT has no alloy wheels and no airbags. Only the Vtec plus has both. It is same in features w.r.to Gxi variant except the transmission.
vvrchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 14:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
9.32L for a 77bhp CVT. Thats daylight robbery .
True to a large extent but the fact remains that there is no competition in that segment for Honda to reconsider its CVT price or engine spec. Had SX4 or Optra Magnum also provided an AT option, I am sure we would see some spec change in the CVT.

Having said that, the CVT is new generation automatic which no car in India has, so I guess a little premium is understandable
jacobgeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 15:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

I guess thats the price to pay for monopoly. Its weird that there are no other auto boxes available in the C segment.

Having said that CVT is not new by any stretch of imagination. The system itself was conceptualized by Leonardo Da Vinci . The first modern production vehicles with CVT arrived in 1987 (Ford Fiesta and Fiat Uno) and has been there on many vehicles since then, though it never made an appearance in India.
reignofchaos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2008, 15:16   #21
BANNED

Hey buddy jacobgeorge, hope you don't me asking this. This could be useful for many potential buyers:
For 9.2L you could have gone for Cedia. Why did you go for NHC CVT?
Old 18th January 2008, 15:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey diabloo - The Cedia might be a great performer, but you cant compare it to a NHC CVT in terms of branding, resale value, and support.
Old 18th January 2008, 15:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Hey buddy jacobgeorge, hope you don't me asking this. This could be useful for many potential buyers:
For 9.2L you could have gone for Cedia. Why did you go for NHC CVT?
The 'order qualifying' criteria was that the car should have an automatic transmission. None of the cars in the C segment qualified and that included the Cedia. In fact I did check with the HM dealer here if they planned an AT version in the near future and the reply was an emphatic NO. GM did reply to an enquiry that there were planning an AT Optra Magnum but didnt give any timelines.
jacobgeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 17:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new Honda City ZX CVT 2008

Just became a owner of 2008 model City ZX GXI CVT, vehicle was in pristine condition with 70K on the odometer. A company leased car later transferred to the same person costed me 2.30L. I am looking for some feedback about cost of ownership and driving the car. This is my first ownership of fully automatic vehicle.
Old 2nd November 2019, 19:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Just became a owner of 2008 model City ZX GXI CVT, vehicle was in pristine condition with 70K on the odometer. A company leased car later transferred to the same person costed me 2.30L. I am looking for some feedback about cost of ownership and driving the car. This is my first ownership of fully automatic vehicle.
Congratulations on your new car, deehunk! Although the City ZX isn't a favourite among enthusiasts, I like it a lot since it was the first City I had seen on our roads (I was too young when the previous generation came out). A few of dad's friends own the car and I've always felt supremely comfortable travelling in it. Came close to buying a pre-owned '08 ZX last year, but the car had too high an odometer reading for my liking (1.5L kms).
One more thing that caught my eye is the insane difference in prices between used cars in Kolkata and Bangalore. I had always known about it, but I had never expected the difference to be so much! For example, a City ZX of similar vintage and kms on the odo would go for a maximum of Rs. 1.4-5L here. The car that I had inspected would've costed me around Rs. 1L.
Nevertheless, Hondas are reliable workhorses, and if this one is a well-maintained example, it'll serve you for a long time! Do post some photos of the car for us too
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 23:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Boniver, will post the photos in a couple of days. There are few minor issues, internal roof light and left side fog lamp are not working. The driver side window glass needs a spray of WD40. The mechanicals have not been greased, insurance is lapsed. The tyres have life for another 10K kms. I took the vehicle to my village via NICE Road, totally drove for 97kms. I got used to the CVT, expect a FE of 9-11kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Honda City ZX CVT 2008-img20191102wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd November 2019 at 23:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks