Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yes man bring in some pictures. And Do See Out for Pete's ( If available and if in budget ) and do update about any additional modifications like Iceing ETC.

and yea congrats for the ride. Drive Safe!
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
You said it. Bring the pictures on!! Haven't seen a red Laura myself.
Yes GTO, I am uploading couple of pics on Image Shack. Red laura is I think really less, in my 70K M daily drive on Mumbai Roads, I have see only one more apart from mine

ImageShack - Hosting :: 19012008343cx0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 19012008344zi6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 19012008345ga8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 19012008346dn9.jpg

Sorry for very few pics. I am giong to take more pics of interiors, Engine Compatment, boot and others, then post again.

Cheers !!
Vipul
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carCrazy25 View Post
congratz Vipul!!
how much did it cost u OTR?
I heard the`dealers were offering good discounts on the Laura.
It had come to me 14.33 lakhs OTR Thane. To your surprize, there is absolutely no discount on Laura - Ambiente anywhere in Mumbai, Thane.

The only thing you can get after very hard bargain is 20 thousand cash back after the car has been delivered to you and then thoer regular Teflon (I doubt what they do in this), mud flaps, floor mat, mirror lock thats all.

I am using the 20K cash back and puttign soem mroe money into to get the Sunfilming and leather into this.

Thanks, Vipul
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Is it the maroonish RED or the Octavia-ish Bright Blazing RED?

I saw the brighter version on a Laura RS (Auto Expo 2008) but didnt know that they were gonna sell it in the same color (without the RS bit) so soon!
Its Octavia - ish RED, but I think because of the car outer desing, it looks a bit diff that Ocatavia.
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Yes man bring in some pictures. And Do See Out for Pete's ( If available and if in budget ) and do update about any additional modifications like Iceing ETC.

and yea congrats for the ride. Drive Safe!
Many Thanks Abhinav. The pivs are posted on Image Shack and posted the links. you can see this soon. Will post mroe pics of Interiors, engines and boots etc later on.

I am lookig to Pete it, but was reading few vital post in this form by experts and thinking what to do. It is certainly going to add power to the car, there seems little issue of black smoke etc. Not sure what to do. and I hope adding to pete box wont void the warrenty etc !!

I am currently running with stock ICE. with 4 speakers and 4 small tweters fitted in all four door near the door openign latch. Gives average sound with CD an iPOd, but at times it fels that the tweters are blaring high trebel always and I do not find any configurable option where I can set more sound to speakers and less to tweters. Any help in this ??

Cheers !!
Vipul
Old 2nd February 2008, 14:36   #21

get hertz vipul. i got them in my laura and they are fantastic. they running on the stock HU. got 3 way in the front and two way behind along with a ground zero sub and an audison amp.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and nice pics. Enjoy the ride.
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
get hertz vipul. i got them in my laura and they are fantastic. they running on the stock HU. got 3 way in the front and two way behind along with a ground zero sub and an audison amp.
HI Brett,

Thanks man for advice. can you please tell me more from where to get this stuff and where you have got that fitted. Also any indication on how much I need to spend if I go by same specs that you have got.

Anything that needs to be taken care of or altered while doing so. I live in Goregaon. Wish to see your upgrade man before actually going for this. You can also PM the details,

Thanks again, Vipul
Old 8th February 2008, 20:39   #24
BHPian

Just got my Laura Ambiente (Sliver)..running well at 300kms ..changed tyres to classy 5 spoke 17" with Yoko S drives (just 225/45s)...they r great for grip..thoughts on Pete's?..btw i am supposed to get a cash back of 30k so keep pushing the dealers hard...
Old 9th February 2008, 10:45   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
Just got my Laura Ambiente (Sliver)..running well at 300kms ..changed tyres to classy 5 spoke 17" with Yoko S drives (just 225/45s)...they r great for grip..thoughts on Pete's?..btw i am supposed to get a cash back of 30k so keep pushing the dealers hard...
30 K .. I got only 20K from JMD, or may be my good old middle guy who does all my cars eaten up the rest 10 K. They will give you after may be 15 - 20 days or so.

I am also thinking about Peted/remap. Since the prices of both are really close (around 30 grands), I wonder if Remap is better option than Peted ??

Thanks, Vipul
Old 12th February 2008, 21:04   #26
Team-BHP Support

Vipul & Krish, what exactly do you mean by cash back that will be returned to you after a few days of the purchase? Does it mean that the dealer avoids showing the discount on paper, hence avoiding any damages competitors could cause and the dealer pays back in cash? And, this is completely different from the upfront cashback one gets on the loan amount??
Krish, which dealer did you purchase your lara from, and some pictures of the changed rims would make for a nice update.

manson.
Old 12th February 2008, 21:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new car bro.. and ohhh the hot RED colour looks lovelly on the Laura - Drive safe
Old 13th February 2008, 14:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Vipul & Krish, what exactly do you mean by cash back that will be returned to you after a few days of the purchase? Does it mean that the dealer avoids showing the discount on paper, hence avoiding any damages competitors could cause and the dealer pays back in cash? And, this is completely different from the upfront cashback one gets on the loan amount??

manson.
True, this is purely a cash returned back after few days of Purchase. I am not sure why they wanted to do this but I don't think they are doing this to avoid any competition. Because all dealers of Skoda does this thing in a similar manner. I hv checked with them.

And its completely diff from the cash back in loan amount, o be true, in laura, nothing is in discount apart from the Cash back after delivery.

I more thing to share, I got a term life insurance of Loaned amount for free from Reliance Capital ( My Loan is frmo Reliance).

- Vipul
Old 13th February 2008, 22:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Laura looks great in red. I love Skoda!!
Old 15th February 2008, 20:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vipul on ur Red Laura(Chilly) like to call it chilly b'cos it is hot like chilly.

Enjoy your drive and cruise around

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_bscity View Post
True, this is purely a cash returned back after few days of Purchase. I am not sure why they wanted to do this but I don't think they are doing this to avoid any competition. Because all dealers of Skoda does this thing in a similar manner. I hv checked with them.

It is not only in Skoda all other brands dealres are also doing the same thing.

And its completely diff from the cash back in loan amount, o be true, in laura, nothing is in discount apart from the Cash back after delivery.

I more thing to share, I got a term life insurance of Loaned amount for free from Reliance Capital ( My Loan is frmo Reliance).

- Vipul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks