Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 11:26   #16
BHPian

hey souryab....a couple of months should be not far off...as quoted by SUV, check with you dealer on the new improvised version of the beast.

If you plan to buy this beast now & change it next 2 years time...you can go ahead & buy it. If you plan to keep it for the next 5 years OR so, better wait for some months!!
Old 21st January 2008, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Changing prices

I have just seen on Safari website that pricing information TATA Motors - Safari DICOR is not available.

Is TATA revising it prices for its interior upgraded safari?
Old 21st January 2008, 11:59   #18
BHPian

Yes the TM site does say that the new prices will be posted soon.

This is in line the info that I got in Dec which prompted me to go in for the Beast in Dec itself (I was planning to buy ~ May '08).

Now that the M-Hawk has been released TM knows their competition - therefore high-time that prices are corrected.
Only hope that Safari do not become un-competative - Scorpio is a good vehicle (M-Hawk or no M-Hawk .)
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:32   #19

Update on my future purchase

Sad news. I have been forced to postpone my purchase because of a bad experience with the Kolkta dealer KB Motors. They had initially promised a corporate discount of Rs.9000 plus free extended warranty. On Monday, the scheduled day of booking, after the cheque had been handed over, they said they can offer either one of them. I found this to be extremely unprincipled and asked for my cheque back. I am talking to a few other dealers now. I have already got the loan of Rs.600000 approved from ICICI bank.
An yes, the price of the LX has increased by around Rs.8500 for the 2008 model.
And I have already waited enough, because everyone suggested a cooing-off period for a new Tata launch. Don't want to wait anymore. Have already booked a driver and parking space from February.
As for the driver part, that's mainly to drive my parents around.
I have almost finished my driving lessons and will definitely drive the beast myself.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:12   #20
BHPian

TM is apparantly clamping down on the hapazard discounts being given by the various dealers for Safari.
They do not want to loose out on the brand equity of the vehicle since it is their Top-of-line.
TM (as per my info) has instructed their dealers to inform their customers that the no retail discount for 2.2.
The corporate discount structure is : Rs.3K, Rs. 6K and Rs. 9K.
The Rs. 9K discount is mainly for TM employees, and employees of their associates and sister companies.

OT: BTW what is rate of interest that ICICI has agreed to for yr loan ?
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
The corporate discount structure is : Rs.3K, Rs. 6K and Rs. 9K.
The Rs. 9K discount is mainly for TM employees, and employees of their associates and sister companies.

OT: BTW what is rate of interest that ICICI has agreed to for yr loan ?
I do not belong to any of the Tata companies. But, I was offered a corporate discount of Rs. 10K.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:38   #22
BHPian

The Delhi ex-showroom price for the 2.2 EX is up from Rs. 861,883 to Rs. 869,107.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:41   #23
BHPian

@djbobo : Is there anything new added to the vehicle to justify the increase in price?
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
@djbobo : Is there anything new added to the vehicle to justify the increase in price?
Nothing as of now. But as some people suggested they might be revamping the interiors soon. Could be in anticipation of that but I doubt it.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:53   #25
BHPian

There was some talk of new ORVMs among others. So no confirmation about them?

There are some companies which advertise that they will increase prices in Jan and yet offer discounts in Jan. Then there is TATA which advertises nothing and yet goes on to raise prices. Shame shame

Last edited by SumitB : 23rd January 2008 at 10:56.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncity View Post
I do not belong to any of the Tata companies. But, I was offered a corporate discount of Rs. 10K.
As I mentioned TM is trying to rationalise the discounts being arbitrarily offered across their spectrum of dealerships.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
As I mentioned TM is trying to rationalise the discounts being arbitrarily offered across their spectrum of dealerships.
Myabe this is something new. I also got a corporate discount of 10k in Dec. (and I dont work for Tata etc).
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:13   #28
BHPian

@@kingshukt - it is at the entire discretion of the dealer to offer the discount/ corporate discount. Some offer better goodies to meet their sales target.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:46   #29
BHPian

Heh - Cool it guys. No offence meant. Leave my backside alone.

I only wanted to share what I learnt.

TM wants to streamline their dealerships and the different discounts that is being offered. They want their dealerships to toe their line and basically want their customers across India to get similar deals.
Old 23rd January 2008, 15:18   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
There was some talk of new ORVMs among others. So no confirmation about them?
No new features in the EX version that I've booked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks