Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 01:01   #1

Booking my Tata Safari 2.2 on Monday

Hi,
I am extremely excited now that I will finally be booking my much-awaited future posession - a mountain-green Tata Safari.
Technically, my younger bro in Kolkata will be doing the formalities since I am located in Mumbai. I am counting the days till I reach Kolkata on 2nd Feb and take delivery of this beauty and beast.
The dealer is KB Motors in Kolkata, and I am going for an LX version (not that I didn't want a higher version; alas costs prevent me from indulging myself).
At this momentous moment of my life, words of advice from the enlightened members will be highly welcome.
One member adc has already been a great help, and I hope to avail of his assistance further.
Old 19th January 2008, 08:58   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the buy and welcome to the Safari club.
Make your own Road !!
Old 19th January 2008, 09:37   #3
SUV
BHPian

Congrats Mate ... But if you can wait for a month or 2 you will get the new model with integrated roof AC Vents like the one on the Sumo Grande.
Old 19th January 2008, 10:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, enjoy the beast!!!
Old 19th January 2008, 12:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the new acquistion and surely i think you will enjoy the beast
Old 19th January 2008, 22:26   #6
BHPian

Congrats and Njoy the BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Congrats Mate ... But if you can wait for a month or 2 you will get the new model with integrated roof AC Vents like the one on the Sumo Grande.

If this is true then its a welcome move from TATA. But Souryab is looking for LX. I don't think roof AC vents would be applicable for base model.

Any other change in offering from TATA. I heard that they will include fully electrical rear view mirror.

Souryab Can you ask the dealer or probably collect some news about what new features TATA is offering over next few days. Then you can probably decide whether to wait or not.
Old 20th January 2008, 10:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well it might be much more than few days/months to launch, knowing TATA.

When the news of 2.2l came in, it was 2005, to be launched in 2006, actually launched in Oct 2007, IIRC and then some ppl waited and waited and eventually bought the 3.0l, when the patience gave in. Just some history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Souryab Can you ask the dealer or probably collect some news about what new features TATA is offering over next few days. Then you can probably decide whether to wait or not.
Old 20th January 2008, 11:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and enjoy the beast. BTW whats the OTR of the vehicle? Also post some pics after you take delivery.
Old 20th January 2008, 11:37   #9
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Well it might be much more than few days/months to launch, knowing TATA.

When the news of 2.2l came in, it was 2005, to be launched in 2006, actually launched in Oct 2007, IIRC and then some ppl waited and waited and eventually bought the 3.0l, when the patience gave in. Just some history.
Dadu You might be right ..... but We need to consider the fact that developing a Engine Ground up is not same as modifying the AC Vent System. And if the Sumo Grande is going to see the showroom's shortly i assume that some amount of testing has gone into it already. With this in mind i would say these changes can be seen on the safari on a short term....prolly like a month or 2.

Tata is already working on integrating this into the Safari and is being tested currently.
Old 20th January 2008, 12:03   #10
BHPian

Congratulations!!! I am seeing more and more of the New Safari 2.2Ltrs on the roads. Awesome welcome to the Big Boys clubs!

Quote:
SUV, are these the only changes being made or are others expected as well. What other changes can we expect?
Old 20th January 2008, 12:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

yes ive heard unconfirmed reports too that the safari interiors are going to be spruced up prior to the sumo launch. Considering the sumo launch to be soon (around 2 months) it will be worthwhile to see what they come up with . Im told that the quality of the plastics will be improved too. This info was provided on conditions of anonymity by a tata dealer in Mumbai where i recently went to test the 2.2. They do not have the 4x4 in stock as the 4x2 is largest selling. I was told that 4x4 delivery can be done only within 15-20 working days from booking. This si off topic but i must add:
The guys at the dealership were unable to give the exact number of free services within warranty. three different sales guys at 2 different dealerships said 2 - 5 & 4 free services respectively. 1st @1500, 2@ 10000, upto 40000kms. Can someone enlighten me on the correct number of free services?
Old 20th January 2008, 19:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

You are right, but I would still put my bets to atleast middle of this year.

Quote:
Dadu You might be right ..... but We need to consider the fact that developing a Engine Ground up is not same as modifying the AC Vent System. And if the Sumo Grande is going to see the showroom's shortly i assume that some amount of testing has gone into it already. With this in mind i would say these changes can be seen on the safari on a short term....prolly like a month or 2.

Tata is already working on integrating this into the Safari and is being tested currently.
Old 20th January 2008, 20:36   #13
BHPian

congratulations. I too will be joining the club soon. Tomorrow, am also finalizing the deal for EX 4X2.
Old 21st January 2008, 09:08   #14
BHPian

I think that the integrated roof-AC, improvements in the plastics etc will take place before the launch of Sumo-Grande.

The Safari is TM's top-of-the line. It is therefore natural that a middle-top level vehicle cannot have better interiors than a top level car.
Old 21st January 2008, 10:44   #15
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
I think that the integrated roof-AC, improvements in the plastics etc will take place before the launch of Sumo-Grande.

The Safari is TM's top-of-the line. It is therefore natural that a middle-top level vehicle cannot have better interiors than a top level car.
The Sumo Grande is supposed to be in the Showroom's By Feb 1st week, so i am not sure if the upgrade will happen before that..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks