Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 17:37   #16
BHPian

super cool OHC.
I must say the car indeed is very well maintained as i can interpret from the pic.
I have always been a fan of OHC.
The NHC may be next gen but still no way close to OHC in my ratings.
enjoy your ride buddy.
And as somebody has already suggested go for an FFE.
Old 23rd January 2008, 18:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post

Btw is it a Type 1 or Type 2 ? (unable to view pics form office)
its a type two bro.. see the tail lamps.
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:08   #18
BHPian

Thanks for your encouraging replies .

iraghava, the original owner used to live in Sarita vihar .

It is a type 2 ( manufactring date Sept.2001)

For the time being would stick to normal exhaust , maybe ffe later.
Old 23rd January 2008, 22:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
super cool OHC.
I must say the car indeed is very well maintained as i can interpret from the pic.
I have always been a fan of OHC.
The NHC may be next gen but still no way close to OHC in my ratings.
enjoy your ride buddy.
And as somebody has already suggested go for an FFE.

thanks Motorheadinc, your location spawns half the globe - was curious to know about your occupation
Old 27th January 2008, 22:33   #20
BHPian

Sorry for not being able to update earlier. After the purchase brought the vehicle to pompi's workshop for servicing & the following were attened to;

1. washing-now the car looks much better.
2.engine flush-ows
3.oil change-regular shell+oil filter
4.engine parameters set using analyser
5.spark plugs changed- OE specification
6.checked brakes, suspension,a/c ducts cleaned
7.underbody coating done for rust prevention-(rs.2000)
8.wheel balancing & alignment done.

As far as the broken silencer & steering ball joint were concerned,the spares had to be sourced from delhi. so i sat down with pompi & prepared the list for spares & accesosries to be sourced & courioured from delhi . As far as the new year journey was concerned, the vehicle was ready- decided to change the HU of ice & replaced the oe with sony cdx-gt460u
which has a usb slot & is compatible with i pod. will change the oe speakers later.

The list of thigs to get from delhi include ;

1. HR alloys- set of five (3500/per wheel)-14 inch , pcd-100,offset-38 ,4h

2.Tyres - MICHELIN energy xm1+ 185/65/14( the right upsize is 60 profile
but decided to go for 65 to get better GC & yes consulted both iraghava& kpzen on this -cost 3650/tyre

3.silencer assembly- normal aftermarket one of galvanized sheet - mentally not yet prepared for ffe as i would like to enjoy the vehicle with the sound of original honda engine first & then make up my mind whether i need ffe or not- i know lots of u out there would disagree- cost rs 3000approx.

4.steering ball joint+stabliser bush+tie rods- oe honda ( 5000 approx)

5. left headlamp assembly- oe of stanley make (2900)

6. philips vision plus (60/55) h4 ,

all these spares would arrive in a couple of days . meanwhile looking forward to the journey tommorow
Old 10th February 2008, 01:01   #21
BHPian

sorry for being out of the groove for a while. posting a small review of the 1500 km to & fro jorney that we underwent for the new year from patna to khajuraho & back.

actually was both excited & nervous to go on a long trip on a second hand vehicle purchased just a day back & was hoping not to come across any ugly surprises on the way despite the service & thorough checkup done by pompi at alankar. played it safe & decided to take my driver along.my biggest worry was about the tyres which i was simply not confident of .

my observations about the car should be seen in the background of graduation from the carburreted esteem to this car

1.the first impression when you step into the driving seat is great-the sitting position & the clarity of view gives a level of joy & confidence which is way ahead of most other cars including a lot of more expensive ones .

2.the feel of the engine is velvetty smooth as expected from a honda.the acceleration & deacceleration are both superb & inspires confidence in overtaking & even straight line driving.

3.cornering is very balanced even on these lousy & wornout tyres-wider tyres & alloys would do wonders

4. the max.speed that i touched on the fourlane gt road was close to 125 but there was a lot more room left -i just did not have confidence on the tyres but the car was driven at 100+ range for most of the journey.

5.a peculiar feeling that i got while revving above 3500rpm was as if the valves of the engine were opening up & the car was coming into this zone after a long time - cant explain exactly but what i mean is that as the journey proceeded the engine rev kept getting better & smoother.

6.the average fe came close to 15( 4 refills 3 at BP & 1 at reliance) i think with better tyres & maybe nulon treatment this will improve further.

7.about the interiors & build quality it is certainly way better than esteem & most other jap cars under 10L but inferior compared to the more solid european cars

8.the brakes despite being non abs are quite adequate & surefooted.

9.the front seats are okay for city driving but for long drives the lack of lumbar support is literally a pain in the back- no wonder ishan has to take a shot of whisky after every drive from moradabad to delhi( & maybe in between)

10. the feel of the power steering is very balanced although in my case work needs to be done on the the steering system( ball joint & tie rod replacement) hence the jarring sound & feel on especially bad roads is understandable.with four people on board + full boot ,bottom scraping at some speedbreakers was not surprising but i learnt fast & the slant angle position did the trick most of the times .

overall it was a nice & pleasant experience .it comes out as a car with excellent driveability although i am sure it would be a few shades lower than the elder sibling 1.5vtec
Old 11th February 2008, 18:58   #22
BHPian

most of the spares including the alloys & tyres have arrived from delhi & have been fitted (except for the tyres & alloys). havent taken a drive after that as the ohc is undergoing a paint job -since there were a good number of small dents & scratches on the side panels hence decided to get a single coat of the same color done excluding the roof & the boot portion as they are in perfect shape. must say that the denting job has been done really well. will be fixing the tyres & alloys after the paint job is over. looks like at least one more week before i get back the vehicle.will post the photographs of the strip & fitment later.
Old 12th February 2008, 01:10   #23
BHPian

posting some photos of my tyres & alloys

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 12th February 2008, 03:21   #24
BHPian

hey nice review !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith View Post
1.the first impression when you step into the driving seat is great-the sitting position & the clarity of view gives a level of joy & confidence which is way ahead of most other cars including a lot of more expensive ones .
same here ..I just love the view and the seating postion.

Quote:
5.a peculiar feeling that i got while revving above 3500rpm was as if the valves of the engine were opening up & the car was coming into this zone after a long time - cant explain exactly but what i mean is that as the journey proceeded the engine rev kept getting better & smoother.
this is something which I thought I had only experienced this.
as the 1.3 is not vtec but still there is a sudden surge of power like a vtec.

Quote:
7.about the interiors & build quality it is certainly way better than esteem & most other jap cars under 10L but inferior compared to the more solid european cars
honda interiors are alwyas crappy , they spent time on the engine.
I think we pay money for the engine only,there is so much road noise also in the cabin.

Quote:
9.the front seats are okay for city driving but for long drives the lack of lumbar support is literally a pain in the back- no wonder ishan has to take a shot of whisky after every drive from moradabad to delhi( & maybe in between)
yes, lower backpain.
same here.

Quote:
overall it was a nice & pleasant experience .it comes out as a car with excellent driveability although i am sure it would be a few shades lower than the elder sibling 1.5vtec
at low rpms all OHC's are same
Old 12th February 2008, 10:09   #25
BHPian

@ CHETANHANDA

Thanks for your comments. Saw your civic coupe in the gallery & it looks beautiful especially in the background where it has been photographed - would love to see some snaps of your ohc too
Old 12th February 2008, 10:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
posting some photos of my tyres & alloys

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
sorry the photographs are not showing , trying to upload again

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Old 12th February 2008, 11:11   #27
BHPian

moderators please help me with the photographs.I made an id on image shack & uploaded a couple of photographs. now when i paste the link shown as link to forum nothing shows
Old 12th February 2008, 11:49   #28
BHPian

Old 12th February 2008, 13:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Smith,
Congrats on buying OHC 1.3 EXi. I do have the same car.
Regarding the moisture in Headlamps, I too had the same issue. Enquired for a newone in showroow, they are charging 4K/ headlamp.
So i went to some headlight repair shop, removed the headlamp cover(by heating the gum) cleaned it . Poured the gum(white coloured) appropriately.
Now I don't have any moisture issue even after heavy water wash or rains.
Hope this helps
Old 12th February 2008, 13:19   #30
BHPian

Thanks SUSHRUTHA
about the headlights i got a pair of new oe stanley for 5600(2800/piece)from delhi- yeah i am aware about your ohc as i have gone through all ohc's in the T-BHP garage.

would like to know a couple of things though;

1.how to make the seats more comfortable-any idea about adding orthopedic stuff to the seats for lumbar support-iraghava has done something like this- viper (jignesh) has changed the front seats to that of accord -must be expensive though.

2.one half of the steering cover seems loose from inside -effect of direct exposure to sunlight for prolonged period-any option but for changing it entirely

thanks

PRABHAKAR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks