Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 15:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

But today's situation,LPG is not the good option.cos the price is Rs 36.50/lt.little higher than diesel.you will get max 10kms/lt of LPG in City with AC.so around Rs3.60 for a Km.it's not economical.
I too have a WagonR and converted to LPG Semi closed System[Lovoto].
But i get only 8-9 kms/lt in City with 100% AC.Plan to install Sequential Gas Kit by this weekend.Probaply it'll give some good FE and driving experience with this 1.1 Engine.
Old 4th February 2008, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Hi Somesh,

Congrats on your purchase. WagonR is a great first car to own. By the way, which dealer?

On the gear shifting issue, this is unlikely to get sorted out as it is an inherent problem of the WagonR. Rather than forcing the gear into place, try the double de-clutch. If the gear doesnt fall the first time you try, release the clutch and press it again and try shifting. 9/10 times the gear will shift smoothly. This is especially true when putting the reverse gear when the car is in standstill position.

Enjoy the ride
Old 6th February 2008, 15:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobgeorge View Post
Hi Somesh,

Congrats on your purchase. WagonR is a great first car to own. By the way, which dealer?

On the gear shifting issue, this is unlikely to get sorted out as it is an inherent problem of the WagonR. Rather than forcing the gear into place, try the double de-clutch. If the gear doesnt fall the first time you try, release the clutch and press it again and try shifting. 9/10 times the gear will shift smoothly. This is especially true when putting the reverse gear when the car is in standstill position.

Enjoy the ride
Thanks, It works!, engaging reverse gear is easier now.
Old 24th March 2008, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have completed around 2200 kms in my Wagon R Duo, today, the Malfunction indicator has come on. I will be calling the Maruti people. I drove around 25 kms yest night after the indicator came on (I had to reach my house, it was late night). I want to know if it will cause major damage to the car since the owner's manual says that driving the car after that inidcator comes on, may damage the exhaust system permanently and reduce fuel efficiency,
Old 24th March 2008, 17:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by someshb View Post
I want to know if it will cause major damage to the car since the owner's manual says that driving the car after that inidcator comes on, may damage the exhaust system permanently and reduce fuel efficiency,
It should come under warranty, right?

The malfunction indicator switch should not come on so early in a car's life. Get it checked properly.
Old 24th March 2008, 18:29   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i had a similiar problem around 4000 kms... Cars (maruti dealer), came over to my office, checked it and asked me to drive it to their service point. they attributed it to some dust in the sensor, but i made sure it did not creep up by taking the mechanic on a 30 kms drive and checked it out...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks