Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 22:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
this feature is good no doubt but has its limitations and I learnt it the hard way. One night after an office party one my heavily drunk colleagues asked for a lift and I could not say no at that time. This guy puked inside my car as he could not get the windows down enough to stick his head out. and he did not even bother to ask me to stop the car. after this incident I have made it a point not to let any drunkard inside my car. I had to wash the entire upholstery that night and and it was the month of January
Yeah... and I also had a depressed friend who tried to hang himself from the seatbelt. And seatbelts are also good no doubt but has its limitations...

A safety feature is a safety feature. We just need to learn to appreciate it. Try travelling in the car with a 4 - 6 year old in the back seat and you will really learn to appreciate this feature. Of course this is an additional safety feature, in case you forget to disable the rear power window control by using the switch near the coin holer in the front.

Fool proof, I guess...

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 22nd January 2008 at 22:57.
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:32   #32
BHPian

Post some pictures, would like to see your black beauty
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:36   #33
BHPian

Congrats on the new car dude.

Thats a very good lunch deal you've got.

Enjoy The Joy of driving the hot baby.

cheers
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:59   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Yeah... and I also had a depressed friend who tried to hang himself from the seatbelt. And seatbelts are also good no doubt but has its limitations...

A safety feature is a safety feature. We just need to learn to appreciate it. Try travelling in the car with a 4 - 6 year old in the back seat and you will really learn to appreciate this feature. Of course this is an additional safety feature, in case you forget to disable the rear power window control by using the switch near the coin holer in the front.

Fool proof, I guess...

Cheers,

Rajan
perhaps you missed my other inputs where I have said that feature is good like this one -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl
But it is good to know while driving that no body is going to stick their hands out because of this design
I was just sharing my experience, but perhaps I put it in a wrong way. Moreover it looks better without the quarte panel . Anyway thats my opinion and it maybe due to the fact that all cars that I have owned have/had this feature.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

@Mad Max please post some pics of the beauty.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 23rd January 2008 at 00:01.
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:04   #35

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey congrats on your new ride and welcome to the gang....you will surely enjoy driving now,if you can neglect the fuel efficiency part(think of it as a midsizer and not a hatch with a 1.6ltr engine).
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Where did FIAT advertise this as a safety feature??? I haven't seen any sales brochures carrying a comment like that?.
Well, I have been told by two seperate FIAT dealers about this "Safety" feature/ European standars blah blah. This happend around 4 years back and I swallowed it fully, later realizing that they made me a jacka**.

Also, it has got nothing to do with child safety for sure. Many other cars are equipped with a simple button next to driver side power window control, which when pressed ensures that window glasses are locked at whatever position they are. They cannot be lowered/raised. Isn't that offer best of both worlds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It is a better design than what you make it out to be. If not a safety feature, it certainly is a better security feature. Let me explain. If it has to go all the way down then the window frame will employ a quarter glass that is a car thief's favorite window to enter from without much noise of breaking an entire window glass. Hope you get it right.
That is a fair explanation. Alas, suddenly, FIAT let go the security feature in their newer models. Please have a look at Linea and Grand Punto. Shall we count the quarter glasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
If you cant solve a bug...sell it as feature
Now, thats a better explanation
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

My WagonR's rear windows also do not roll down fully, like in old Fiat cars.
But I was told that new WagonRs do not have this limitation. Can WagonR owners in this forum confirm this?
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:14   #38
BHPian

Thanks again to all for the wishes and the advice. The hardest part is to keep the car from revving. Each time I am at the light, I am thinking "hmm... should I just launch at 5k or 6k?" hehe.. and I keep eyeing the redline. I guess driving the Prelude has spoilt me. But I am controlled as of now due to the fact that Bangalore traffic lets you go a great 20 metres before hitting the next road block. 3rd gear is fantastic, lets me run at 30kmph without a hitch.

I am looking forward to the first service so that I can get the tune-ups required. I am hoping that the service guy will be friendly and that he doesn't treat me as a novice.

So, any other Palio owners wanna get together and buy a piece of the Cauvery delta? I've heard that there is some oil under there somewhere.

Do you guys know any dealers in Bangalore that sell aftermarket 98pcd alloys? We'll get a group discount if we tackle it right.
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
3rd gear is fantastic, lets me run at 30kmph without a hitch.

And it can take you to 120 kmph with a nice grunt too
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Do you guys know any dealers in Bangalore that sell aftermarket 98pcd alloys? We'll get a group discount if we tackle it right.
As far as I know, only Aura has 98 PCD Alloys, Model No: EO1455, Rajan (Patchyboy) had recently got these, check the pics here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ile-slx-2.html

PS: In case you are selling your OEM Alloys, pls let me know, I will take them.
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
As far as I know, only Aura has 98 PCD Alloys, Model No: EO1455, Rajan (Patchyboy) had recently got these, check the pics here:

That is correct. You can get these from MV Enterprises. The distributor happens to be a friend. PM me if you need help. Why dont you just keep the OEM alloys? They are AURA too and are good looking as well...

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:24   #42
BHPian

Congrats on the buy Madmax,
Guys a little OT question, Is the performance of the new 1.6 Palio same as the old 1.6?? Acceleration, Top speed figures and all.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:08   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
My WagonR's rear windows also do not roll down fully, like in old Fiat cars.
But I was told that new WagonRs do not have this limitation. Can WagonR owners in this forum confirm this?
If it is just one or two inches or less, the culprit could be bad install of windown tint film. Till got the tints in, they used to go down fully; now I need to take back to the showroom / tint installer to fix the problem.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

Even I love the OEM alloys on the Palio.

@Mad... Congrats dude! Enjoy your ride. What surprises me is that no body talks about the steering? The steering is almost perfect on a Palio, loaded with feel and very very direct, the downside is taking u-turns... but then I aint complaning.
Steering is the most difficult thing I need to get adjusted to, when I am driving any other car than my Palio.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 23rd January 2008 at 21:33.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:44   #45
BHPian

I completely agree with you, e_t. Its perfectly "weighted" ??? Not like the Maruti or Tata steering which is at best, vague. Went through Hosur road traffic at 7:30PM today, it was hell but I still could roll around in 2nd and 3rd all the way through.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks