Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 16:01   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
BUT the cheap quality of plastics/finish.
It has improved a lot from what it was.

And compared to the other cars in it's price range, I'd say it ain't that bad either.

But still, there's a lot Tata can do in the interiors department. Yes! We're waiting.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Indica DICOR TD and Totally Ripped

1st gear - 35, 2nd - 70, 3rd - 120, 4th - 140+, 5th -160+ (Speedo)

This is totally what I DID NOT INTEND on a pleasant saturday morning.

It was on of those regular saturdays where I become a chauffer and drive mum and dad around temples in my town - Hosur (Bang on the GQ, just below bangalore)

On my way to the Balaji' temple I noticed Amman Maruti Cars sporting a White Zdi Dzire parked under a tree begging to be driven. I convinced my dad/mum after the temple I will say hi to my GODS - Lol.

Around 11Am, I hopped on the Zdi dZire and did a shallow drive on GQ around 140-150, not impressed, because it was nothing compared to the DDIS Swift. Probably the Boot's extra weight did it in, (Did notice the notorius 'Tail Happy' feature).

Further a few kilometers was my nemises in Red - True Sai Works - Tata dealrership. Conned my mum/dad again.

Had them talking to the sweet girl in the reception while I got of a guy and he said to check out the new CS, Since i had already done a TD in Prerana Bangalore I wasnt impressed. He said lets check out the XL Dicor 1st. (2nd TD for the day, Pitiable car, too heavy for the engine, not a drivers car), pooh poohed it away after 2 kms on the GQ.

3rd TD - He offered me a BRAND NEW IndiGO TDI LS, hmm, nice ROUGH engine, but WAIt - 5.58Lacs ON Road Price? WHat the hell, I checked with my dad;s memory and yes, the LDI DZire was only 5.56Lacs in Hosur. I promised that TATA is going SOUTH with this pricing. Mum still liked TATA for the Leg room, YES dZire still Sucks with rear leg room. (accept it guys)

4th - TD -Nirvana.
One of the most least appreciated car today in the market probably because of its grandpa, granmum, and dad and mum is the new baby - Indica Dicor. THe guy finally offered me another Brand new car, just out of PDI and told me to GUN it with my seat belts on. Read the 1st line for what I went through.

Frankly I still not bother to ask about its price, but I feel anyone who feels Swift getting too crampy should TD and Totally RIP this car before settling for anything else. After all, Palio MJD still lacks the punch of the DDiS, may be this car ought to be more appreciated.

---
Mods- Did not feel to open a new thread coz there was already one existing, but if you feel the RIP'ed part may not reach other viewers, please post this as a new thread or Rename the Thread to Dicor - RIP'ed.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:32   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

4th - TD -Nirvana.
One of the most least appreciated car today in the market probably because of its grandpa, granmum, and dad and mum is the new baby - Indica Dicor. THe guy finally offered me another Brand new car, just out of PDI and told me to GUN it with my seat belts on. Read the 1st line for what I went through.

..... After all, Palio MJD still lacks the punch of the DDiS, may be this car ought to be more appreciated.
I fully agree. Even I was pleasantly surprised by the Indica DICOR. It's just amazing -- however the perception of it's cousins have cast a shadow on it. I had had a TD in Palio MJD, but in my opinion the DICOR gives a beetr feel while driving than the palio MJD
Old 14th April 2008, 10:40   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post

And did you observe how the car screams at redline and how harsh it becomes after 120kmph?
Old 14th April 2008, 11:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats constantly reminds us of being inside a TATA, Yes, sure it did, But MUCH better then those TDI's - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
And did you observe how the car screams at redline and how harsh it becomes after 120kmph?
Old 14th April 2008, 12:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

but then, can someone for the love of God, tell me WHY I have not seen a single indica dicor till date, despite commuting regularlyt on the gurgaon expressway, mahipalpur, airport and MG road.

How come i dont see any of it? only new indicas in delhi are the CNG Xetas and the DLE.
Old 15th April 2008, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
but then, can someone for the love of God, tell me WHY I have not seen a single indica dicor till date, despite commuting regularlyt on the gurgaon expressway, mahipalpur, airport and MG road.

How come i dont see any of it? only new indicas in delhi are the CNG Xetas and the DLE.
A TASS service supervisor I had interacted with recently told me that the Dicor version of 1.4 engine is more problematic than the NA and TCIC versions because of which Dicor Indi-ca/go aren't doing too well.
Old 15th April 2008, 18:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

I've seen two Indica Dicors so far in TVM, one on the road , and another in a car acessories shop. I still wouldnt pay 30k extra for it though ...
Old 15th April 2008, 20:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

injection saab,

not the true from what i've heard. I have interacted extensively with the Indian crew cabs (all Indigo Dicor LX) and an office wala driver Indigo XL Dicor. The drivers don't find anything wrong with it.
Old 16th April 2008, 15:52   #25
BHPian

Dicor is very peppy.I too liked the engine.But interiors and steering position is not good.Real VFM.But i doubt the reliability of a new tata engine.
Old 16th April 2008, 16:13   #26
rkg
Senior - BHPian

comparision of DICOR/Swift/Palio Multijet in Hindu

Hi!
here is the link to Hindu which carried a comparison of the three in today's bangalore edition

The Hindu : Metro Plus Bangalore / Wheels : Drive to win

Most Viewed